Indoor flights

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've been working with a local industrial museum on doing some filming for them, and one possibility is to fly inside a large shed to film vehicles and other stuff they have in there from an unusual viewpoint.

The space is nice and open, very high ceiling, and with no hanging obstacles, and there's a safe place for takeoff. I can stay clear of walls to minimize the risk of prop wash.

Obviously I won't get GPS lock, and I'll fly in ATTI mode, but I seem to remember somewhere that there's a risk of burning out a GPS circuit if you run it indoors for too long. Is that the case?

Are there any other things I should consider? I've seen P2V+ demos inside shopping malls, but I assume these are DJI-sponsored demos and so they might not be worried about circuit damage.

Cheers,
Geoff

Thats really cool.

Stay clear of walls and ceilings. The walls will create an effect and cause it to crash, and the ceiling will cause it to suck itself up.
Also disable the RTH rise and then land option. Though you are in ATTI mode and if unlucky it acquires GPS indoors it might try to go home indoors if you accidently turn off your controller. If it were me, I would try and blind the GPS as much as possible by placing foil right above the top shell. This will enforce ATTI mode.
Keep an eye on window as aircons.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl