IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Lots of posts have been made on this topic, let me summarize:

1. You see NFZs on Go App version 2.4 and 2.5. Thus No point in reverting back to old versions.

2. NFZs are stored on a separate DJI's server and appear on a map layer. We don't know when was this layer added to DJI go app (2.3 or 2.4 version or even earlier) to display NFZs

3. NFZ server is active since release of app version 2.5. Initially it was restricting flying even in the vicinity of helipads, hospitals etc but now it is showing only airports as NFZs this is a relief to all drone fliers

I will summarize again when new facts emerge out.

Thanks! So no need to downgrade to DJI GO 2.4.3?

Thanks! So no need to downgrade to DJI GO 2.4.3?
We have seen NFZs on Go app version 2.4 and 2.5 so far. No idea if they show up also on 2.3.

Yes no point in downgrading to 2.4.3

We have seen NFZs on Go app version 2.4 and 2.5 so far. No idea if they show up also on 2.3.

alokbhargava, thank you for distilling and summarizing the previous discussions on this. As a newbie, it's incredibly helpful and valuable.

Based on this I believe I will go to 2.3x prior to connecting to my a/c. The responses to users in the DJI forum appear that this "glitch" exposed users to a hopefully very early and not yet thought through geofencing implementation.

The situation would have caused me to get permission and unlock to fly at my rural home. I prefer to make the decision where I can fly responsibly until their data is proved accurate and process much more mature.

Thank you again!

Lots of posts have been made on this topic, let me summarize:

1. You see NFZs on Go App version 2.4 and 2.5. Thus No point in reverting back to old versions.

2. NFZs are stored on a separate DJI's server and appear on a map layer. We don't know when was this layer added to DJI go app (2.4 or 2.3 version or even earlier) to display NFZs

3. NFZ server is active since release of app version 2.5. Initially it was restricting flying even in the vicinity of helipads, hospitals etc but now it is showing only airports as NFZs this is a relief to all drone fliers

I will summarize again when new facts emerge out.

So, if I have never hooked up my iPhone 6S Plus to my RC and turned on my P3P, it won't matter if I downgrade my DJI GO app back to 2.4.3? Just to make sure, the maps and NFZs, if I understand correctly, were from an earlier version of the DJI GO app?

Thank you for your help! I'm sitting at my computer and was in the process of doing the XML Hack to get the 2.4.3 version of the app back on my iPhone. The only version I see when I hook up my mac is 2.3.

So, if I have never hooked up my iPhone 6S Plus to my RC and turned on my P3P, it won't matter if I downgrade my DJI GO app back to 2.4.3? Just to make sure, the maps and NFZs, if I understand correctly, were from an earlier version of the DJI GO app?

Thank you for your help! I'm sitting at my computer and was in the process of doing the XML Hack to get the 2.4.3 version of the app back on my iPhone. The only version I see when I hook up my mac is 2.3.
Yes if you have 2.4.3 app on your phone/ tablet, it will show NFZs even if you have not connected to RC but Internet is connected.

Has DJI or any of its representatives made any comments about this issue with the NFZs basically bricking our expensive Phantoms? I thought that by now they would have come out with a statement, or even an update to repair the damage that has been done. I am afraid to fly since my phone automatically updated to the new 2.5.0 DJI GO app. I am less than half a mile from a hospital helipad, and just on the border of two small regional airports. I am worried that if I connect, I will see RED all around me.

Reactions: Καλλιστώ
Ridiculous... And FYI, I couldn't get the wait 1-5 minute fix to work.
f2b0c20d749e4e6a9b2dd0eab34413b5.jpg
heres Connecticut.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has DJI or any of its representatives made any comments about this issue with the NFZs basically bricking our expensive Phantoms? I thought that by now they would have come out with a statement, or even an update to repair the damage that has been done. I am afraid to fly since my phone automatically updated to the new 2.5.0 DJI GO app. I am less than half a mile from a hospital helipad, and just on the border of two small regional airports. I am worried that if I connect, I will see RED all around me.
Here's what I did to check my area.

First, logged into my DJI account here:
Login | DJI Store

Once logged in, went to the advance unlock page and then checked my area. I found my entire city is in a yellow zone.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Here's what I found in your area:
Havana NFZ.JPG

This may not be the only way to check, but it worked for me so it's now my new process.

Last edited:

Can't prove this till tonight but I believe that if your controller or aircraft has never seen 2.5 app. you are still without NFZ's. I believe the 2.5 app loaded a file on either the controller or the bird itself. So if you downgrade your app or use a different device is does no good.

Here's what I did to check my area.

First, logged into my DJI account here:
Login | DJI Store

Once logged in, went to the advance unlock page and then checked my area. I found my entire city is in a yellow zone.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Here's what I found in your area:
View attachment 40443

This may not be the only way to check, but it worked for me so it's now my new process.
Okay, here are two maps of my location after following your directions.

First, NFZs, Authorization Zones, and Warning Zones. The second image is just the NFZs and Authorization Zones. However, from what I gather here, once I connect my RC and P3P, the yellow zones will turn RED. Is this correct?

Thank you!
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 10.11.07 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 10.11.41 AM.jpg

Okay, here are two maps of my location after following your directions.

First, NFZs, Authorization Zones, and Warning Zones. The second image is just the NFZs and Authorization Zones. However, from what I gather here, once I connect my RC and P3P, the yellow zones will turn RED. Is this correct?

Thank you!View attachment 40444 View attachment 40445
I just have the green zones unchecked on my system so they didn't display. As far as I know, if it were red you would see that already. I believe the system is accurate as shown now.

Here is what DJI says on that same page regarding the zones:
Only Authorization Zones, yellow highlighted areas, can be unlocked. Simply click on one of these areas to unlock it. Red Areas are Restricted Zones that cannot be unlocked. Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions. You can display or hide different areas by selecting or deselecting the appropriate checkbox.

For example, DC already shows as RED and can't be unlocked.

DC NFZ.JPG

Can't prove this till tonight but I believe that if your controller or aircraft has never seen 2.5 app. you are still without NFZ's. I believe the 2.5 app loaded a file on either the controller or the bird itself. So if you downgrade your app or use a different device is does no good.
Not true.

I have three devices. One has app 2.5 and other two have 2.4. I can see NFZs on those two devices without connecting to RC/P3. They were connected to RC prior to the 2.5 release.

I have summarized all findings to date on my OP for quick reference.

If it is not to much of a bother can someone post pictures of airspace in Edison, New Jersey. I don't have my drone right now and am anxious to see what I am gonna have to deal with

So. Here's the question. I have an inboxed p3p.

How to keep it from implementing geofencing. If possible.

I'm thinking android device. Any tips?

It sounds dumb but I'm not the most tech savvy.

my entire area is yellow now and the LAX Airport is not red, seems the website and map on the device do not match up

Original post, the very first post.

If it is not to much of a bother can someone post pictures of airspace in Edison, New Jersey. I don't have my drone right now and am anxious to see what I am gonna have to deal with

Here it is.
Edison_NJ.JPG

So. Here's the question. I have an inboxed p3p.

How to keep it from implementing geofencing. If possible.

I'm thinking android device. Any tips?

It sounds dumb but I'm not the most tech savvy.
What's the version of DJI go app on your device. If it is 2.4.3 or 2.5, you will get NFZs on the map display. Not sure about the previous versions.

I don't have the device yet. But. Links to old version of pk3 files for it if anyone has them.

I'm going to go through this and try. I think an old version and offline device will do it.

As for the android tablet I'll just buy one this weekend. Not that $$$ grows on trees. I'm just all set with some company in another part of the globe progressively disabling my drone.

Pretty soon your going to see range capped.

I think the phantom 3 is the final drone we'll see from dji that can fly that far. Even the standard can go quite a distance.

I'm losing focus. Lol happy flying. If your drone will. :)

What's the version of DJI go app on your device. If it is 2.4.3 or 2.5, you will get NFZs on the map display. Not sure about the previous versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18