IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Hi all, I asked for help today on getting a copy of the IOS file for 2.4.3 today that some people kindly gave out. However it turned out that the file could not be used due to the way Apple puts its authentication out.

Therefore this evening and after a lot of playing around a managed to successfully install a copy of 2.4.3 from iTunes. Phew!!!

Now to do this takes a bit of tweaking with XML and a bit of messing around BUT have found a great tutorial video on how to do exactly what I did. If you follow,this up you will be on 2.4.3 again, but as I say it is a bit of tweaking needed. Good luck!!!

How to download older versions of iOS apps

Reactions: AviZ
Can anyone confirm this fix on the dji forum works for firmware 1.6 with iOS 2.5 in the app:

DJI Forum|DJI GO App and Sudden NFZ's Problem

"Those that have reposted the sudden apperance of NFZ's after updating to Go App 2.5, please do the following.. It seems to have been a server issue that is now resolved..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..

Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check."

I live in a yellow zone, so want to know below upgrading if the above fix works...

Yes this fix works. In fact I didn't even have to reboot. I just fired up my app this afternoon and all was back to normal. The yellow zones which were appearing as NFZ yesterday are no longer on the map at all, just red zones around the 3 local airports and sports stadium.

It appears they fixed it on the server side for the time being.

Now to reschedule a trip to the area I was yesterday and couldn't fly.

Reactions: jimerb
Never paid that much attention to that. You are probably right. I am still at 2.4 version. I don't know where that puts me. I currently have the 1.6 Bin on the drone. I still have a version of the 1.3 Bin file on my computer. I just have this compulsiveness to keep everything. Guess I am a hoarder...lol

Are you able to downgrade the P3 at all? I still have the existing SD that the P3 came with, basically swapped it out for the 64gb as soon as I turned the P3 on I downloaded the latest 1.6 FW.. Is it as easy as just slotting the existing SD in with the previous FW to get the P3 back to older FW? I wouldn't have thought DJI would make downgrading this easy, I could be wrong?

Nope, never tried it. I would think that you would have to somehow tell the drone that you want to update the firmware. Currently they do it with the DJI Go app I think. I think that maybe I might dabble a bit in this just to see what can be done. Just dont really want to use my drone for a test instrument...LOL

Android went to 2.5 on Jan 5.. Didn't even notice the update.. Haven't seen any issues. Maybe I'm in a good area. No one saw / had this issue a week ago?

I'm still confused as to how this will work. Go App 2.5 + FW 1.6 implements the GeoFence system where Red circles=no launch or no enter unless you unlock through the app and there is no way to currently unlock. Is this what we are seeing? I am still on GO 2.4 FW 1.6 and will stay there until we are sure that we can unlock. I can legally fly within 5 miles of most airports by simply notifying the tower so I really need to be sure DJI isn't locking me out of FAA approved Airspace.

My android version is still 2.4

I actually just had a conversation with Brendan this evening.

He truly, truly does care and is committed to keeping the experience excellent. They are fixing this as fast as possible and do understand. I think they just need to communicate that better.

But I feel 100% better after our conversation. I truly do.
We tried to tell you. :)

Reactions: mcphipps
I'm still confused as to how this will work. Go App 2.5 + FW 1.6 implements the GeoFence system where Red circles=no launch or no enter unless you unlock through the app and there is no way to currently unlock. Is this what we are seeing? I am still on GO 2.4 FW 1.6 and will stay there until we are sure that we can unlock. I can legally fly within 5 miles of most airports by simply notifying the tower so I really need to be sure DJI isn't locking me out of FAA approved Airspace.
I believe red circles cannot ever be unlocked.

Only Authorization Zones, yellow highlighted areas, can be unlocked. Simply click on one of these areas to unlock it. Red Areas are Restricted Zones that cannot be unlocked. Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions. You can display or hide different areas by selecting or deselecting the appropriate checkbox.

Reactions: Jeff48920
I believe red circles cannot ever be unlocked.
So yellow circles will be over most airports and reds over things like DC?

All of this just makes the new yuneec typhoon H seem more & more like a good idea to jump from the DJI ship IMO
I've got a feeling that the lead DJI enjoys now in quadcopters is about to change going forward. I bought my P3 based on their lead, and so far I've had a good experience, but maybe I'm lucky and haven't flown enough to erode my luck. There are many posts on negative experiences with firmware updates, cracks in the airframe, batteries shutting down, etc. I am not a dweller on negative aspects, and as I've said, I have had an awesome experience so far. Maybe DJI will surprise us and unveil new advanced capabilities such as:

Collision avoidance
Long battery life
New cameras and sensors

So yellow circles will be over most airports and reds over things like DC?
Dude, I'm the last person you want to ask to for clarification of DJI rules lol!! I'm just reading their pages and trying to piece this clusterfluck together. But I know even some airports are wanting to test limited drone usage............... don't know how they'll be able to do it.

Reactions: kphantom
I think it's kind of like the old west 1800's where we shot first and asked questions later.................... for the Chinese companies! They are just not on top of these firmware roll-outs like they should be. The consequences are HUGE for their customers, and it seems no matter how many times they flub it up, they still don't learn from it. I know there is a price we pay for being on the cutting edge of this technology, but they really need to get a handle on what they release and when.

Reactions: kphantom
I should have posted the entire page of DJI's unlocking procedure for those who have not seen it........................

Unlocking an Authorization Zone is instantaneous using DJI Go when you are ready to fly within, or when your aerial system flies towards, an Authorization Zone. Unlocking lasts 24 hours and takes just a few taps on the screen. Users planning to fly in an Authorization Zone without a live connection to the internet may use this online Advance flight planner to schedule a maximum of 30 simultaneous unlocking plans. Each zone will remain unlocked for three days.

Only Authorization Zones, yellow highlighted areas, can be unlocked. Simply click on one of these areas to unlock it. Red Areas are Restricted Zones that cannot be unlocked. Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions. You can display or hide different areas by selecting or deselecting the appropriate checkbox.

Below you may also preview on a map how areas near you are categorized in GEO. Note that GEO will first be launched in North America and Europe. The map does not reflect how GEO will be implemented in other countries in the future.

IMPORTANT: By unlocking an Authorization Zone, you agree to all terms and conditions of use. The content in the flight planner is not provided on a current, real-time basis. Airspace conditions are by their nature subject to change without prior notice, and earlier airspace checks do not guarantee that a given location will be free of flight restrictions, including any temporary flight restrictions.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Dude, I'm the last person you want to ask to for clarification of DJI rules lol!! I'm just reading their pages and trying to piece this clusterfluck together. But I know even some airports are wanting to test limited drone usage............... don't know how they'll be able to do it.

Thanks. I was sure I understood how the geofence idea was going to play out but now----What the Heck????
Add to all this, DJI is relying on Airmap for info, I am going to delay upgrading.

Is it worth buying a p3p at this point? I hate to say It but its not worth 1200$ if you have to worry about whether or not DJI will let you fly it.

If you allow the DJI Go 2.50 to connect with your Phantom then you will have the bug of yellow circles turning red for all apps, 3rd party or not. It enables a switch in the firmware that turns on the Geofencing.
Will Dji go 2.5 mess up zones even if the drone's firmware is 1.4? Or does it only screw things up if you are running 16 or the 1.7 beta?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing