IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

I think they simply pushed new permanent and annoying NFZ to force people to upgrade to Geofence.

I'm waiting to hear back from DJI regarding this matter. I don't know if loading beta 1.7 along with IOS app 2.5.0 will unlock the zone. I don't want to update from 1.4 until I know for sure. Worse case, I may just go for it and then sell and never do business again with a company like DJI.

Where is this 1.7 beta? Got a link? Someone will try

Oh yeah folks. Can't wait to get my hands on a Yuneeq Typhoon H.
Too late.
Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 19.59.28 .jpg

I think they simply pushed new permanent and annoying NFZ to force people to upgrade to Geofence.

As nefarious as that sounds, it kind of seems that way. I wrote this over on rcgroups about it:

Possibly but with no mention of it in the release notes, no roadmap or release plan, we're all left to guess.

Are elements of GEO turning up in new firmware / apps? It appears so.

Does currently released functionality have an impact on being able to fly? It appears so. At least in a few anecdotal cases.

It's as if we've all unwittingly become alpha testers. And we're along for the journey not knowing where we're going or how we're getting there. That may be fine for some. For others, it's a potential disaster.

Right now, no one knows what they're actually getting in each update. That is not safe. DJI could save their customers a lot of grief by:
  • Disseminating a comprehensive release plan.
  • Having lead engineers write release notes, not product marketing.
  • Establishing a user driven steering committee.

Well Mr. Cannon some folks are too busy posting & reciting rules to pay attention to the NFZ/RFZ maps and the growing list of complaints from users. Again I'm very happy that DJI overlooked Hooterville Air Park so you & Arnold can still enjoy flying. Glad that's working out for you...

I'm sure the NFZ is in his mind or lack of based on his last posting, some of us don't make "mountains out of molehills" and spread such BS

I didn't upgrade to 2.5 on my iPhone but I installed DJI Go on a iPad mini today and connected to my P3S and it showed me in a NFZ. I connected to my iPhone and now it's shows as NFZ and won't fly. When not connected to the bird I don't show as being in NFZ but some airports are showing as red. When connected to the bird, a big NFZ and No Take off pops up.

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sure that will get old real quick. Would be better to be able to send them a text.

I live inside two no fly zones and I been calling the towers every time I'm going to fly, at first they didn't know what to ask or what the procedure was....aaaaa .hold on Sir let me talk to my boss, lol after a couple of times as soon as I told them my name, they already know what I am calling about and all they say is have fan and be safe, that's it !!! and I am talking about a major international airport here in south Florida. So I don't understand what the big deal is, just call the the tower and tell them know that you are going to be operating a drone with in 5 miles of the airport and you want them to be aware...that's simple

Any Australian users on the 2.5 App? I am not, but looking at DJI's No FLY Zone website map, only seems major Australian city airports are the only no fly zones (at present) wondering if the app differs from their website at all?

So since I was not aware of this beta android that allows unlocking. If I run it it seems to do no worse than where I stand now with a fully updated firmware and iOS.

Worse case scenario I cant fly in any no fly zone as it stand that way already?

Do I have that right?

There's over 150 replies to this thread and it's getting hard to follow. Can someone tell me:

is the no fly zone restricting flight in the US? Or is it just a pop up alert?

There's over 150 replies to this thread and it's getting hard to follow. Can someone tell me:

is the no fly zone restricting flight in the US? Or is it just a pop up alert?

If it adds a red zone then it's grounded

One possible option for people if your locked out is

Upgrade to V1.7, unlock with the beta app then downgrade to V1.5 but you will need the V2.4 app to use after this.

But it's not beed tested since this app released.

The FAA App sows airports and helipads near me but does not say I cannot fly. It has a naval base that has been closed for years

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94