IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

There is no such app and flight radar is often delayed and doesn't show most GA traffic which is what usually flies close or even sometimes below 500ft. Flgihtradar is not suitable for this purpose.

Maybe this is what the FAA should be focusing on rather than registration databases

When I bought my P3P in November and joined this forum while waiting for delivery (and Christmas to "open" it) I watched a video of Brendan Schulman speaking at Drone World Expo from a thread link. Can't find it now, but as I recall his point was that currently a No Fly Zone around an airport is just that and the Phantom will not take off. This quickly became a problem because there are so many uses that are allowed/approved in these zones and there is currently no way to get around it (except maybe using very old firmware?)

So it seems to me their (his) original intent was to come up with a Geo Fence system that would allow pilots with the proper permission to self-authorize flights in those zones. He pointed out that self-authorization would not be available in restricted zones such as Washington DC.

My hope is that all the private strips and heliports and such showing up in the Beta were a stupid mistake in the Chinese software development, and someone like Brendan wasn't in the review loop. For conspiracy theorists, maybe they figured include it first to get everyone all worked up, then when they remove them later we all feel better because there are fewer left in...

Anyone have the link to that video? I find lots of videos of him, but not that Drone World Expo one I remember.

I to don't like the way this was rolled out and automatically updated without notice as well as the lack of instructions on it's use. I wouldn't even have known mine was updated without this thread. I'm sure there will be a few more updates as I just noticed Dayton International is shown as a NFZ but a few miles to the East is Wright-Patterson AFB the largest US base (by population) and it's not shown as a NFZ. :confused:

Perhaps a daft question but, if you use Litchi or Autopilot for flight mgt. does the geofencing issue go away?

Frank what firmware are you currently on i respect your advice i have recently updated to 1.6 should i stay on this or go back to 1.5 in your opinion?

I'm currently on a beta version of 1.5.0. I should be able to go back to 1.4.1 firmware. And also currently at 2.4.3 app.

I basically stopped all upgrading regardless the situation when the firmware appeared to have changes that slowed down the speed of the A/C. That did not settle with me very well, so the brakes were applied. I have since watched the numerous updates for both the A/C and App have taken place. Even more so they have come out with no legit pre-testing.

I would say your best option would be to stay right where you currently are, which is 1.6.4. I say this because what is most important is to have piece of mind that your A/C is not going to drop from the sky due to jacked up battery firmware.

Reactions: jryser
Anyone have a link to a 2.4.3 apk file that I can side load to android?

I'm sure I have this. Do you still need it? If so, do you know what the file size is on the version you requested?

Reactions: dirkclod
Last edited:
I live inside two no fly zones and I been calling the towers every time I'm going to fly, at first they didn't know what to ask or what the procedure was....aaaaa .hold on Sir let me talk to my boss, lol after a couple of times as soon as I told them my name, they already know what I am calling about and all they say is have fan and be safe, that's it !!! and I am talking about a major international airport here in south Florida. So I don't understand what the big deal is, just call the the tower and tell them know that you are going to be operating a drone with in 5 miles of the airport and you want them to be aware...that's simple

Is the no fly zones the same as DJIs website?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do you just find the control tower phone number?

I live inside two no fly zones and I been calling the towers every time I'm going to fly, at first they didn't know what to ask or what the procedure was....aaaaa .hold on Sir let me talk to my boss, lol after a couple of times as soon as I told them my name, they already know what I am calling about and all they say is have fan and be safe, that's it !!! and I am talking about a major international airport here in south Florida. So I don't understand what the big deal is, just call the the tower and tell them know that you are going to be operating a drone with in 5 miles of the airport and you want them to be aware...that's simple

I wish Brendan would of made it clear their stance on Airmaps 'personal no fly zones'.
Does anyone else feel like they are playing nice to suck us all in and they will spring the bad news on us at a later date? :D

Reactions: Apilot101
I wish Brendan would of made it clear their stance on Airmaps 'personal no fly zones'.
Does anyone else feel like they are playing nice to suck us all in and they will spring the bad news on us at a later date? :D

That has been clarified fairly well on RCG

DJI choose what data to use and personal NFZ is not one of them, in fact he has specifically campaigned against this in the past.

I don't see that ever coming into it

Reactions: ianwood
Anyone have a link to a 2.4.3 apk file that I can side load to android?

Here we go

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u... DjiPilot Files/DJI GO_v2.4.3_apkpure.com.apk

I started my Android Go 2.50 app and didn't see the warning. I'm in Aus btw and we don't have the Geo system yet. I like the Geo theory but don't want to be on the bandwagon until the storm settles.
I just uninstalled 2.50 and reinstalled 2.4.3.
My craft is still on 1.4 firmware - possibly why I didn't see any changes. I do think 1.6 has fragments of the Geo system installed.

Gonna go for a longer lunch break to see any changes.

I wonder how much this will affect 3rd party apps and developers.

They are based from Airmap - AirMap
So what will the app do when I fly in a "private airport zone"? I am far from any commercial only a small private airport is in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4