I'm upgrading to a Phantom 3 standard

I don't think there are many parts of the P2 is shared with the P3 Standard.
The only thing I can see is the remote "looking" the same. The Standard uses a 15.2V 4800mah battery so I think the entire internals have also changed. They also mentioned the standard being lighter than the p3adv and pro and therefore 25min flight times. If its lighter than the P3Adv and Pro, then I think they wont be using any p2 parts.

Correct, there's not much of anything from a p2 in the P3 standard. Even the TX.

You keep repeating a false claim and hoping it is true? YES you can fix the iso to 100 and shutterspeed 1/60. You said you have both gopro and P3? Clearly you don't have a gopro hero 4 black OR you don't know how to use it: RTFM!
So.. apart from lying about the specs of the gopro, and call SlowMotion "the most useless thing in a drone", what else does your P3 need to NOT do so you can wake up?
How many times have you returned your P3 for having problems by now? 3 times? yes.. that is a great machine... good buy.

Man, read what i wrote before, i have a Gopro3 BE with 5,4mm lens. With that camera you can adjust nothing but with Gopro4 you can set ISO limit and exposure i think. It would be nice when you can tell me how you can set shutterspeed to 1/60 with your gopro4. Besides from that i tell you again that the P3 camera is better suited for aerial photography. It has better image quality, you can set ISo and shutterspeed, exposure warning etc.. while you are in the air and the same counts for still pictures. The gopro feature the same sensor but it was designed as an action cam and thats it has a really wide angled lens. The ONLY thing a gopro4 can do better is like mentioned the higher framerates for slowmotion. So it makes tons of sense to buy a P3 instead of a P2 H3-4D with Gopro4. I dont care at all if you accept that or not. Yes i had to send in the Phantom3 three times but now it works much better than the Gopro H3-3D combo and dont tell me that gopro is any better, the internet is full from stories about how bad they are. Mine broke down twice, they changed the main board. I had sensor failure and live out USB failure.

With the P3 you can adjust everyhting quickly and you see if the video is overexposed etc.. With gopro you are blind. You will see nothing, you can probably connect the gopro to your smartphone before you fly but what a pain in the ...

Last edited:
Man, read what i wrote before, i have a Gopro3 BE with 5,4mm lens. With that camera you can adjust nothing but with Gopro4 you can set ISO limit and exposure i think. It would be nice when you can tell me how you can set shutterspeed to 1/60 with your gopro4. Besides from that i tell you again that the P3 camera is better suited for aerial photography. It has better image quality, you can set ISo and shutterspeed, exposure warning etc.. while you are in the air and the same counts for still pictures. The gopro feature the same sensor but it was designed as an action cam and thats it has a really wide angled lens. The ONLY thing a gopro4 can do better is like mentioned the higher framerates for slowmotion. So it makes tons of sense to buy a P3 instead of a P2 H3-4D with Gopro4. I dont care at all if you accept that or not. Yes i had to send in the Phantom3 three times but now it works much better than the Gopro H3-3D combo and dont tell me that gopro is any better, the internet is full from stories about how bad they are. Mine broke down twice, they changed the main board. I had sensor failure and live out USB failure.

With the P3 you can adjust everyhting quickly and you see if the video is overexposed etc.. With gopro you are blind. You will see nothing, you can probably connect the gopro to your smartphone before you fly but what a pain in the ...
Maybe he flown it 5 minutes, maybe, but he doesn't know the P3 inside out, he assumes things from what he has read on this forum. There was tons of problems and complaints reported about the P2 as well, gimbals etc in its time, but let's face it, the product is now obsolete, I'm not going to make the list again and again. Slomo on a drone is not a main feature in aerial video work. Interesting when combined with action but having to choose I prefer a straight lens and full control of my exposure. I think macsoft realize he has made the wrong move and he's now bitter because of that ;) Sorry mate, like it or not, a page has been turned.

Are you suggesting this has been shot with a GP4?
Where would you come up with that suggestion?
I'm merely proving the the OP that Aerial Slowmotion is not the "most useless thing you want in a drone". And I shown him 3 examples. One of those with a gopro.

Maybe he flown it 5 minutes, maybe, but he doesn't know the P3 inside out, he assumes things from what he has read on this forum. There was tons of problems and complaints reported about the P2 as well, gimbals etc in its time, but let's face it, the product is now obsolete, I'm not going to make the list again and again. Slomo on a drone is not a main feature in aerial video work. Interesting when combined with action but having to choose I prefer a straight lens and full control of my exposure. I think macsoft realize he has made the wrong move and he's now bitter because of that ;) Sorry mate, like it or not, a page has been turned.
I understand the blindness of of being a fanboy, and that I would get much of that while talking on a P3 forum.
But please listen to yourself: the only thing prone to be obsolete is your P3, since you can't change the camera. As P2V+ would be if you could not change it too.
Soon a Phantom 4 will come out, and your P3 will be obsolete. I will just buy a new camera and keep getting the best shots with the best camera.
Slomo is not a main feature? Go tell that to all the people on this forum that post saying they wish the P3 could have more fps.
And please enjoy your P3 a few more months before its camera becomes "obsolete".

Man, read what i wrote before, i have a Gopro3 BE with 5,4mm lens. With that camera you can adjust nothing but with Gopro4 you can set ISO limit and exposure i think.
Finally you stop the lies. See? Doesn't that feels better?
i

I understand the blindness of of being a fanboy, and that I would get much of that while talking on a P3 forum.
But please listen to yourself: the only thing prone to be obsolete is your P3, since you can't change the camera. As P2V+ would be if you could not change it too.
Soon a Phantom 4 will come out, and your P3 will be obsolete. I will just buy a new camera and keep getting the best shots with the best camera.
Slomo is not a main feature? Go tell that to all the people on this forum that post saying they wish the P3 could have more fps.
And please enjoy your P3 a few more months before its camera becomes "obsolete".
You seem really blind folded! it is not only a camera question, If it was just that, I could see your point but the it is about the whole thing. The P3 flies better, smoother, longer, safer, is more agile, it looks very good inside and better built compared to the DIY/custom made look of the P2. Better engines, better battery, improved blades pitch, even the shape is slightly different. Not mentioning the app, which makes light years difference in controlling all aspects of the flight and the shooting... All these improvements make the P2NV looking like a banger... I know, I got one. Still flying it for fun in full manual mode.
So you can carry on talking about the blindness of the fan boy, I think it applies more to yourself than me or all the others here trying to convince you.

Last edited:
The P3 flies better, smoother, longer, safer, is more agile, it looks very good inside compared to the DIY/custom made look of the P2.
Now how is the blind man?! P3 are dropping out of the sky like flyes. People are having lots of problems with it. Danoninho returned his 3 times! Its normal... it is still in the testing stages, and you are the testers.
the P2V+ is on its version 3, its the less buggy bird on the fleet.
Looks very good inside?! lool i guess the looks of the electronics are more important than the fact that having everything in the same board means: if you fry one little component like an ESC... you have to change the ENTIRE BOARD!! :) The true blind fan boy looks at the problems and turns them into advantages. you are certainly branded.
And again... you are forgetting the fact that your birds is tied to its camera. It will be crap when the next camera comes out.

Now how is the blind man?! P3 are dropping out of the sky like flyes. People are having lots of problems with it. Danoninho returned his 3 times! Its normal... it is still in the testing stages, and you are the testers.
Looks very good inside?! lool i guess the looks of the electronics are more important than the fact that having everything in the same board means: if you fry one little component like an ESC... you have to change the ENTIRE BOARD!! :) The true blind fan boy looks at the problems and turns them into advantages. you are certainly branded.
And again... you are forgetting the fact that your birds is tied to its camera. It will be crap when the next camera comes out.
No ,the P3 don't fall like flies from the sky. Not mine, not for the most of us here that you are not a part of I remind you. The guy you refer may have had multiple problems? He seems to have had problems with a go pro as well. I don't comment. You should do the same. and stop your BS, now you're talking abot the P2 V+, another bird that you don't know. Start to be fed up with your dumbness and incompetency. You are an incorrigible time waster. I give up.

You truly have no idea what you're talking about do you?

The only thing that has changed on the p2v is the power system.. FYI, the p3 system is in a completely different league than the p2v. Another thing, it's EOL...

There are almost as many p3's now as P2V and it's only been out a few months. The failure rate is actually better than the P2V ever was.

I'm happy your happy with the p2v, but to make these outrageous claims without any knowledge of what you talking about is wrong.

So you're "upgrading"? :D that Phantom has no major feature that should make you buy it. No RTH button on the controller, ugly and oldish controller design from the P2, can't mount an iPad on it, no light bridge (WHAT??), shitty range, can't fly it indoors, no VPS... It's a wrecked P3A / P3P. Excellent, such a funny joke, come on man, consider yourself happy to have such a great Phantom model, and don't downgrade to that recycled P2.

Guys, I'm all for a good debate but let's not get carried away. Keep your cool. We don't all have to agree which is best. For some people, certain things are more important than others.

I would suggest everyone avoid hyperbole and conjecture. If you need an example, to say P3's are falling out of the sky like flies is hyperbole. It's not true and it's misleading. If you want to debate merits, do it on the facts and not the opinion. If we can't handle that, this thread will get moderated heavily.

I see it as the P3 Standard being an entry level machine (nothing wrong with that), with the P3A and P3P having more features, hence higher prices. So, DJI now has three Phantom 3 levels to choose from, depending on ones price comfort level and flight mission.

Reactions: blade strike
As for being slapped in the face, some people are going to feel that way. As I said before, It is a risk of being on the leading edge of technology. From other's comments above, it is debatable that the camera is actually better, just different.

IMHO you are correct, just different. I think that DJI has a lot of extra P2 bodies around and decided to move them out using a slight change. Notice the body is the same. Hmmmmmm!

I would suggest everyone avoid hyperbole and conjecture. If you need an example, to say P3's are falling out of the sky like flies is hyperbole. It's not true and it's misleading. If you want to debate merits, do it on the facts and not the opinion. If we can't handle that, this thread will get moderated heavily.

You do know this is the internet, don't you?

;)

IMHO you are correct, just different. I think that DJI has a lot of extra P2 bodies around and decided to move them out using a slight change. Notice the body is the same. Hmmmmmm!

How dare Apple make my iphone and macbooks look......like the older mb and iphones! They should paint some sharks teeth and dragons tail on it and then it would really sell.....
:)

Sorry for the sarcasm - but as a tradesman from way back (carpenter) it's always been the function of a tool that impressed me. Notice that once science was perfected, most autos started to look the same. Why? Because the best shape for slipping through the wind is the best design!

Same thing with a basic flying tripod. My regular tripod has three legs and the camera is centered. It doesn't have sharks teeth or bumper stickers on it.

Not a p2 body.

How dare Apple make my iphone and macbooks look......like the older mb and iphones! They should paint some sharks teeth and dragons tail on it and then it would really sell.....
:)

Sorry for the sarcasm - but as a tradesman from way back (carpenter) it's always been the function of a tool that impressed me. Notice that once science was perfected, most autos started to look the same. Why? Because the best shape for slipping through the wind is the best design!

Same thing with a basic flying tripod. My regular tripod has three legs and the camera is centered. It doesn't have sharks teeth or bumper stickers on it.
No apology necessary. Point taken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka