I'm upgrading to a Phantom 3 standard

I haven't read this thread, but upgrading to a standard instead of an advanced is really stupid in my opinion. I'm pretty sure a standard is a way for dji to get rid of production overruns of parts for the P2..and 200 bucks in savings means you miss out on the best aspects of the p3.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think there are many parts of the P2 is shared with the P3 Standard.
The only thing I can see is the remote "looking" the same. The Standard uses a 15.2V 4800mah battery so I think the entire internals have also changed. They also mentioned the standard being lighter than the p3adv and pro and therefore 25min flight times. If its lighter than the P3Adv and Pro, then I think they wont be using any p2 parts.

Reactions: Gary E
I do not have the experience to argue the camera comparison. I have a Hero 4+ black with Peau lens. Great camera but it has not been on a good gimbal to really compare. In theory it should be better. I just don't see it compared to my P3P.

Yes I know you were talking out of the box. My stock P3 will go farther than my modded V+. Not a large amount but it is better.

When I said better gimbal control I was talking about the nice built in control wheel on the RC. With adjustable parameters in the app including things like flipping camera from forward to down in one click, changing speed, extra degrees tilting up if you can every figure out a reason why.

Of course the P3 is still in its testing stage. Everything modern is because its an improvable product. Once it is old technology like the V+ they stop supporting and testing it.

I honestly wish I had kept my V+ for missions. I might buy another as I got a decent price out of mine and the new Standard should drive the V+ value down even more. I might just go for the Standard as it uses batteries I already have.

As far as problems its like anything else. You hear from the vocal more than anything. Dont' forget on the V+ we were doing GPS foil mods, fighting with firmware, etc.

You know the V+ also have the built in wheel for the gimbal, with adjustable parameters in the app, right? If you read my first posts you would see I have 2x P2V+ v3. the v3 has the control wheel too.

If you know the P3 is ins testing stage, you know its more prone to accidents and bugs. My point exactly.

Yes, as the P3, also the P2 had its problems, and versions and versions came out, while they address most of them. That is why I only bought the v3.

If you are a professional photographer, I really wonder how it happened! You just proved you're just a wannabe with a big mouth, or a very poor professional. I would love to quiz you live on photo, video, and computers, which really are my domain. Trust me you don't want to play that game with me! ;). You have no clue what we're talking about here. These drones are made to make pictures and videos, if the GP's end up there in the first place it's because of their weight/performance but being an action cam that wide is not compatible with aerial work. There was a lack there and DJI fixed it. Period. You don't see it because you have simply no clue, your still trying to defisheye the picture and you don't even notice the loss during the process. BTW, it is not a question of crappy computer, if you knew computers you would know that as well. BTW, mine is fine thanks and probably eat yours for breakfast, and has definitely a long life ahead being more than comfortable with any kind of processing. If you were a "Professional", you would know that the main jobs you have to cover with a drone are surveys for architecture, agriculture, real estate, action with vehicles, many if not all of them requiring to produce straight lines on pics and video. You don't "defisheye" video like that, it's not serious and definitely not professional. If you just spent 900 bucks on a fisheye, you probably have a use for it! :) But definitely not for aerial work!
To finish, I don't "like" my P3; It's just another tool in my case, just like the S900 and my GH4, and the rest of my arsenal of video production equipment. I forgot, it's very rare to have a professional photographer here not linking to his site in his signature. Where is your work Dude?
I'm sorry master of your domain. If you insist in measuring..drones and attacking personally instead of replying objectively and dissing other men work, I'm done talking to you.
Please come back after puberty, and we'll talk some more.
Good day sir.

You know the V+ also have the built in wheel for the gimbal, with adjustable parameters in the app, right?
Yes the version 3. I thought it was mediocre compared to the p3.

But if you are sold on the v+ then enjoy. That's what it's all about.

The good news is the p3 standard just made the v+ and it's parts much cheaper.

I'm sorry master of your domain. If you insist in measuring..drones and attacking personally instead of replying objectively and dissing other men work, I'm done talking to you.
Please come back after puberty, and we'll talk some more.
Good day sir.
:D:D:D Pitiful...

I'm sorry.. Does it offend you that I like a fisheye lens? I'm a professional photographer and I do a lot of action shots. And a fisheye is a must for that. I paid almost 900USD for a fisheye lens for my main camera, so if the GoPro gives it to me for free, its a big plus.
If you bothered to read my posts, maybe you missed that I fly my neighbor P3 a lot, so I do have a way to compare it.
And I'm glad you like your P3, but you must be blind if you say its camera compares to a GP4B.

And again... When GoPro launches the next model I don't need to buy another drone. you do.

And you obviously never used a defisheye filter, or you do have a crappy computer... maybe to much money spent in drones?

Tell me how this is inferior to the gopro in terms of image quality?

Don`t want create here a "war", but if i remember correctly, Go Pro vs P3 Camera Pro, the difference is not BIGGGGG like that........

Reactions: sergekouper
The difference , if any, is minimal and depend on what, where, and when as well. They do both a good job and the P3 has the advantage to be straight (almost) and doesn't need destructive fisheye correction. I thought this "yes, but, if" P3 pre-release debate was over but apparently not. Useless but quite funny.:)

Reactions: acherman
Lots of opinions verbalized in this thread... some even valid. I think they should just come out with with a P3 that includes Lightbridge, Pilot app & connection capability with a gimbal for a GoPro. Call it the P3 Basic. I guess if we're gonna wish, sell it to us for about $399

I think DJI may have burned the bridge with GoPro. Colin Guinn tried to set that up and sounds like Wang did not like it.

If 3DR ever gets up to speed the Solo would be the hot ticket. Just dont see it happening anytime soon.

The difference , if any, is minimal and depend on what, where, and when as well. They do both a good job and the P3 has the advantage to be straight (almost) and doesn't need destructive fisheye correction. I thought this "yes, but, if" P3 pre-release debate was over but apparently not. Useless but quite funny.:)
Well the camera quality is similar. But you can get double the fps on a GoPro, and that is one of the main reason I bought this model: great slowmo :)

I think DJI may have burned the bridge with GoPro. Colin Guinn tried to set that up and sounds like Wang did not like it.

If 3DR ever gets up to speed the Solo would be the hot ticket. Just dont see it happening anytime soon.
The cable cam thing is a killer. If we could have that on the phantom... + the POI, waypoints and follow me... But it's probably too much to ask for :(

Well the camera quality is similar. But you can get double the fps on a GoPro, and that is one of the main reason I bought this model: great slowmo :)

Sory but that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get. The Gopros are inferior to the P3 Pro. I have both and the P3 makes much better videos, finer details etc.. It can also adjust ISO to 100 and shutterspeed to 1/60 for example, the gopro is lacking that essentiual thing. Gopro is a compromise and will always be because its not designed for copters. Sensor is identical on both form sony but P3 has the better lens and the better gimbal compared to Zenmuse H3-3D.

Sory but that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get.
I'm sorry.. but that is a very dumb thing to do.
Go and do this with your P3 camera:
check out this aerial slowmontion nightshots with a gopro and try to do with with your P3 camera:
There entire companies dedicated to Aerial Slowmotion!!
there is even people pushing the limits of aerial slow motion hanging a highspeed cameras on drones:

Do you really know what you are talking about?

I'm sorry.. but that is a very dumb thing to do.
Go and do this with your P3 camera:
check out this aerial slowmontion nightshots with a gopro and try to do with with your P3 camera:
There entire companies dedicated to Aerial Slowmotion!!
there is even people pushing the limits of aerial slow motion hanging a highspeed cameras on drones:

Do you really know what you are talking about?
I dont care if there are "entire companies" dedicated to slowmotion, the fact is that is a niche. Only because you like slowmotion dosnt mean everybody need it. There are 10.000 videos without slowmotion on youtube, so what? The fact is you cant even set your ISO and shutterspeed properly which is a huge downside for filming.

I dont care if there are "entire companies" dedicated to slowmotion, the fact is that is a niche. Only because you like slowmotion dosnt mean everybody need it. There are 10.000 videos without slowmotion on youtube, so what? The fact is you cant even set your ISO and shutterspeed properly which is a huge downside for filming.
Its the other way around mate: just because you don't like slowmotion, you can't say "that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get".
Lots of people love slowmotion, and aerial slowmotion is even way cooler. How can you call "that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get" one of the greatest features people wanna get on their cameras?
Search this forum! lots of people are sad the P3 does not have 120 and 240 fps.

"that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get" just shows everyone how bias you are in your analysis. Its like saying "a ****** is the most useless thing in a woman" because you yourself don't like women.

And I don't know what GoPro you have. But with the 4 black you can totally fix the iso at 100 and get 1/60 shutter speed. google it.

Also the protune is one of the best features a camera can get! Its like a RAW equivalent in photography. you can get much higher quality throughout your post-production workflow and much more dinamic possibilities for adjustments. Go do that with your P3.

Its the other way around mate: just because you don't like slowmotion, you can't say "that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get".
Lots of people love slowmotion, and aerial slowmotion is even way cooler. How can you call "that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get" one of the greatest features people wanna get on their cameras?
Search this forum! lots of people are sad the P3 does not have 120 and 240 fps.

"that is the most useless thing on a drone you can get" just shows everyone how bias you are in your analysis. Its like saying "a ****** is the most useless thing in a woman" because you yourself don't like women.

And I don't know what GoPro you have. But with the 4 black you can totally fix the iso at 100 and get 1/60 shutter speed. google it.

Also the protune is one of the best features a camera can get! Its like a RAW equivalent in photography. you can get much higher quality throughout your post-production workflow and much more dinamic possibilities for adjustments. Go do that with your P3.

Because it is not from any use, simple as that, Its a niche feature. So it is just stupid to claim the Gopro is better because it has slowmotion/higher framrate. The gopro is lacking essential feature and as far as i know it can not fix ISO, it has an iso limit to 400, its most likely a gamble to get ISO 100 and shutterspeed 1/60. My answer to you was harsh because you did a nonsesne comparison, saying gopro is better cause it has slowmotion. Protune is not like RAW, its far from it. RAW is Protune just means log colors and reduced saturation, sharpness etc.. something you can do with the P3 as well easily with the APP while in the air, you can even use a zebra for correct exposure in the air. Both are using the exact same sony sensor but the P3 camera is optimized and build for a multicopter, not as an action cam. It has only featuers for aerial photograhpy. The Videos i get with the P3 are worlds better than my Phantom3 H3-3D Gopro3 BE 5.4mm lens edition.Id rather get the camera with better features for aerial photograhpy and the overall better quality and more stable gimbal than slowmotion. 95% of the time you will record without slowmotion

http://blog.abelcine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/raw-log-rec709.jpg

Reactions: sergekouper
as far as i know it can not fix ISO, it has an iso limit to 400, its most likely a gamble to get ISO 100 and shutterspeed 1/60.
You keep repeating a false claim and hoping it is true? YES you can fix the iso to 100 and shutterspeed 1/60. You said you have both gopro and P3? Clearly you don't have a gopro hero 4 black OR you don't know how to use it: RTFM!
So.. apart from lying about the specs of the gopro, and call SlowMotion "the most useless thing in a drone", what else does your P3 need to NOT do so you can wake up?
How many times have you returned your P3 for having problems by now? 3 times? yes.. that is a great machine... good buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka