I'm upgrading to a Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Definitely going to upgrade to the new phantom 3 standard unless you can give me a good reason why not too. I don't care about the range im sure 95% of you on here don't fly over .5m anyway.

Well since I upgraded from the P2V+ to the P3 Pro specifically for the ridiculous range of Lightbridge, I'd say that yes, I do use that range and am yet to have a single flight where I wasn't happy to have it. If you think you can get the distance you need with WIFI alone, upgrade away!

It actually looks like a downgrade from the P2V+ since it requires WIFI but doesn't even have a range extender. With the P2V+ I could barely get the UAV to the edge of my little neighborhood with that WIFI extender AND the app to increase range. With the P3P I can go on a whole **** adventure even when I don't get the full 1.2 mile range. I would strongly encourage you to throw in the extra $200 for the P3A.

Im less than 10 flights and the other day i did fly almost 2Km (don`t know the unity on milles). Its a personal record.

Its just another world....

Reactions: Bag1
I use it for snowboarding hiking, and waterskiing, so I don't need range just the follow me feature. Similar to illy I guess

I use it for snowboarding hiking, and waterskiing, so I don't need range just the follow me feature. Similar to illy I guess

Then what is the big upgrade? Seems to be just the camera filming going from 1080 to 2.k (which won't matter to most people).

I'd say the Standard is an answer for someone who does not yet have a drone and wants to save a few bucks off the P3. Though, it's tough to be a sweet deal of the P3.

I think he wants the automated flight features.. Wonder if the standard will support 3rd party sdk apps

Reactions: Bag1
ipo connecting with a USB cable between your phone/tablet and your controler it uses Wifi to connect to the controler. thats all. camera is 2K7

It actually looks like a downgrade from the P2V+ since it requires WIFI but doesn't even have a range extender. With the P2V+ I could barely get the UAV to the edge of my little neighborhood with that WIFI extender AND the app to increase range. With the P3P I can go on a whole **** adventure even when I don't get the full 1.2 mile range. I would strongly encourage you to throw in the extra $200 for the P3A.

Range extender is inside the controller. One less battery to worry about.

I'm actually quite peed off about it, the advanced should have come with the 2.7k camera! I was torn between the advanced and the pro and decided that I just couldn't justify the extra money but now I can guarantee the next P3 released will be the Avanced+ with a 2.7k camera. Typical, nether mind I'm saving up for the Inspire2 when that gets released.

Reactions: AlmostTan
I'm actually quite peed off about it, the advanced should have come with the 2.7k camera! I was torn between the advanced and the pro and decided that I just couldn't justify the extra money but now I can guarantee the next P3 released will be the Avanced+ with a 2.7k camera. Typical, nether mind I'm saving up for the Inspire2 when that gets released.

This is the constant issue with technology that is never going away (at least in our lifetime). Tech keeps advancing and getting cheaper, almost by the day. Feel confident that what you buy today, no matter how top of the line, will be cheaper in 3-6 months, and something better will be available.

This is the constant issue with technology that is never going away (at least in our lifetime). Tech keeps advancing and getting cheaper, almost by the day. Feel confident that what you buy today, no matter how top of the line, will be cheaper in 3-6 months, and something better will be available.
I know you're right, I love my Advanced but surely it should come with a better camera than the Standard edition.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31