I'm done with dji and possibly drones all together

What format is the internal SD card, exFAT, FAT32, NTFS, does anyone know? I'm reasonably sure it's nothing to do with your problems, I'm afraid.... Do you think there was an ESC fault that coincided with your firmware update?

I'm done messing with it...I've tried literally everything and every combination. Im going to call them today and tell them my situation and probably send it in. If they don't cover it I'm telling them to send it back to me and I'll be parting the good parts out on here and will be done with drones...thanks for everyone's help...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
I'm done messing with it...I've tried literally everything and every combination. Im going to call them today and tell them my situation and probably send it in. If they don't cover it I'm telling them to send it back to me and I'll be parting the good parts out on here and will be done with drones...thanks for everyone's help...

can you still try and grab the log from the sd card before ya send it away? Put the sd card into your computer and it should open folders (if not open finder and view it on your Mac). You will see a folder called "MISC", open that folder. Then you will see a folder named "LOGS", open that folder. Now you should see a file similar to P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt .. This is the file you want and we wanna see, copy to your desktop and post here as attachment.

If you cannot see the MISC folder, it's cause it's it's hidden and you need to Unhide it. I'm not a Mac guy, but found this how to doc on how to do it. Every Mac owner should know this trick: How to show hidden files in Mac OS X

I think everyone here would benefit knowing more about the situation from the logs. I know this situation sucks and am hopeful you can get it fixed still .. Seems firmware which should be fixable. Thanks for trying the different things here and keeping us posted on what worked or didn't. The log should be interesting. Keep your chin up, crap happens...

I think this entire experience can be used as a "what not to do" case study.

I'm not meaning to upset the OP here however I think that lessons have been learnt. If you get error messages you can't clear and you've done everything by the book with some forum intervention and can't fix it. Contact DJI immediately for advice.

Just my two cents.

Jason

Reactions: konidair
I am new here so excuse me if my message is not completely to the referred problems. I did not use my drone Pro 3 for two months. So I wanted to do a testflight today. All red signs on my screen. Needed to update my software. Started with the RC, downloaded the new software through the App. Big mistake. No connection with the drone anymore. Updated all the software for my drone through my iMac on a formatted SD card. All the red signs gone away. Drone started flying but after a few seconds there was no possibility to make pictures or video. Black screen. But I was perfectly able to fly. I could not understand what the problem was. The answer was so simple: on the SD card there was no map where the drone could put images in. I just copied an old picture on the SD card and there was a file map. Drone and RC connected perfectly again and no more problems...

Richard from Holland

It takes some patience and skill (and luck) to solve many of these types of problems.
One suggestion for those with a tough case would be to send it in to Neary Aerial or one of the other 3rd party repair shops and have them put it back into shape (if possible).

It's really not that much different than the past MANY decades with PCs. Friends of mine seemed to always have their at the dealer getting the entire disk reformatted and working again.

I think this entire experience can be used as a "what not to do" case study.

I'm not meaning to upset the OP here however I think that lessons have been learnt. If you get error messages you can't clear and you've done everything by the book with some forum intervention and can't fix it. Contact DJI immediately for advice.

Just my two cents.

Jason

To be clear Jason, the initial main controller data error problem occurred from just a simple firmware update that everybody does...

Well it's on it's way to Dji...fingers crossed[emoji120]

Reactions: jaseman007
Wish upon a lucky star? Hahaha

Now the waiting game. . .

RedHotPoker

All of the ESCs are built into the main board. No separate esc in each arm anymore.
I was looking inside a crashed P3 Pro this week looks like the ESC's are in the arm but now mounted to plastic studs with the tops melted so they are more difficult to remove....are you referring to the P4?? DJI is trying to make it impossible to repair/replace components putting almost everything on one board. Are the boards in the P3 Pro arms just for the LED's?

Last edited:
I was looking inside a crashed P3 Pro this week looks like the ESC's are in the arm but now mounted to plastic studs with the tops melted so they are more difficult to remove....are you referring to the P4?? DJI is trying to make it impossible to repair/replace components putting almost everything on one board.
ESC's are on the main board. Look again, the motor wires connect directly to the main board, those are just the led's

I was looking inside a crashed P3 Pro this week looks like the ESC's are in the arm but now mounted to plastic studs with the tops melted so they are more difficult to remove....are you referring to the P4?? DJI is trying to make it impossible to repair/replace components putting almost everything on one board. Are the boards in the P3 Pro arms just for the LED's?
Those are just LEDs

ESC's are on the main board. Look again, the motor wires connect directly to the main board, those are just the led's
Good point I just glanced inside I looked again and see now the wires to main board from motors. I was given a crashed P3 Pro thought I would try to fix but it was a disaster inside. If you need or know of someone looking I did salvage some components and a mint condition RC. Will sell at a reasonable price. Thanks for the info.

Good point I just glanced inside I looked again and see now the wires to main board from motors. I was given a crashed P3 Pro thought I would try to fix but it was a disaster inside. If you need or know of someone looking I did salvage some components and a mint condition RC. Will sell at a reasonable price. Thanks for the info.
What was wrong inside? was it physically broken?

Update...sent mine into Dji and they fixed it for free and it's in the mail heading back home right now. Very pleased with Dji and the customer service was top notch[emoji106]

guess your not done with DJI after all. lol. good to hear. fly safe

Reactions: HIGHFLIER
Update...sent mine into Dji and they fixed it for free and it's in the mail heading back home right now. Very pleased with Dji and the customer service was top notch[emoji106]

That's great news man.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl