I'm done with dji and possibly drones all together

That's awesome and welcomed follow up. Glad you hung in here. Keep up the good-news reporting. Thanks... ;-)

See, it wasn't all that bad. Ha

RedHotPoker

Yes I was quite pleased and shocked that they fixed it for free. And I bought it second hand so had no receipt and that was not even a question. I will update on once she's home and I test it out...way to stand behind your product Dji[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
Yes I was quite pleased and shocked that they fixed it for free. And I bought it second hand so had no receipt and that was not even a question. I will update on once she's home and I test it out...way to stand behind your product Dji[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

I'm having an issue with my remote. Bought it second hand I'm still waiting for them to send my shipping label. They said 2 days it's been 3. Glad to see you had a good outcome.

Update...sent mine into Dji and they fixed it for free and it's in the mail heading back home right now. Very pleased with Dji and the customer service was top notch[emoji106]

AHAHAHAAA! I have to laugh. After a similar experience from a botched firmware update I too tried and tried to get it to work. Finally sent it in and was charged for the fix.
Way to hang in there Sandman. Most of us don't have the patience. Glad to hear of a proper outcome and decent service from DJI. Actually, with no receipt and with you being the second owner, I'd say they went above and beyond.

Last edited:
@sandman259 ,Yeah, Far Out Man. This is very cool, actully bordering on being groovy... If I was still a long haired hippie type, I would offer you a free pass to the High Flyers Club... Hehe
So, you wanted to give up? What are you going to get rid of now?
What else has been giving you a hassle, and perhaps time to cut the umbilical cord...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: yorlik

Congrats, man. I've got to say that I'm pretty amazed at the outcome, given the second hand and no receipt thing, and also that you opened it up.

Just got my phantom back today and took it out for a test flight and everything is great. Flys just like it did before I had all the problems with the latest update. FYI it came home with the latest firmware. I couldn't be more pleased with Dji's customer service. I know people have complained about the service in the past and some have bragged about how great Autel robotics customer service is, and it may be but I can't imagine having a better outcome with my bird....in case anyone is curious they replaced the main control board module...

Just got my phantom back today and took it out for a test flight and everything is great. Flys just like it did before I had all the problems with the latest update. FYI it came home with the latest firmware. I couldn't be more pleased with Dji's customer service. I know people have complained about the service in the past and some have bragged about how great Autel robotics customer service is, and it may be but I can't imagine having a better outcome with my bird....in case anyone is curious they replaced the main control board module...

Good to hear that. How long did it take from the time you sent it in?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would say, "See, I told you so." But I never said that. Hehe

Just wondering which firmware it arrived with, installed?? ;-)

RedHotPoker

It arrived with the same one that bricked mine...1.9.6... It took 16 days total from the day I shipped it out to me getting it home...

Wow.... after reading (5) pages I'm glad this story had a "happy ending". Hats off to the amount of help offered in this forum.

Two weeks, is pretty amazing...
I always update, first thing, and never encountered one instance of foul flight.
What's so remarkable, about being normal? As it should be for every one of us...
Hope you enjoy your drone, even half as much as I do, & you will be blessed... Ha

RedHotPoker

Also I sent it in with no sd card and they sent it back with a brand new 16gig one...and they never said anything about it...granted they probably get them for penny's but still pretty cool[emoji106]

I have experienced good luck and awesome RC customer service recently myself, and it feels rather marvelous. So I can relate, with this outcome big time. ;-)
Wow, it seems like it was only just today, that more good tidings were bestowed upon myself. Ha
And it just kept getting better.. Hahaha
Persistence pays off too...
& DJI has come a long way in ten plus years...

RedHotPoker

Maybe you could change the subject title to reflect the great customer service you got from DJI?!

Good idea[emoji848]. Maybe I'll start a new thread

I think this entire experience can be used as a "what not to do" case study.

I'm not meaning to upset the OP here however I think that lessons have been learnt. If you get error messages you can't clear and you've done everything by the book with some forum intervention and can't fix it. Contact DJI immediately for advice.

Just my two cents.

Jason
From what I have been reading , that is easier said than done. Like trying to call the VA. Good luck

Not as hard as you may think. I did mine electronically and had no problem at all

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj