I'm done with dji and possibly drones all together

Not sure, is that when you plug the bird directly into the computer? I've tried that before and had no luck. Would never show up..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
No, it's directly on the SD card in the path I noted. After my post, you said that you cleared the card so the detailed module data is likely lost.

The next time you try the card with a bin file, save the log_ab file before you clear out the card again. Then we can see much more detail about what is happening during the update process.

So should I try and re-install the firmware again to see the logs? On a side note the newest firmware was on there and working fine before I took it apart. Just had the main controller data error...

ESC error. Yuck! I know what it is like because it also happened to my P3A a couple of months ago.
I can only tell you my experience as I only had one minor crash 4-5 months ago from 5 feet height, it continue to fly well for a dozen more times afterward, then after one uneventful flight I noticed a full thickness crack on one of the arm, so I took the top body shell off, glued the crack and put the body back together again. Immediately I received that dreaded ESC error message and the motors refused to arm. I took the body shell apart again to check, making sure no broken wire, then updated the firmware to latest version. No success. Had to send it back to DJI for repair where they had to change the main controller board and one of the motors for ~$200 bill :(

Reactions: brhodz
Well mine never has been crashed. And it worked fine before I took it apart to change out the internal sd card. Not sure what could have happened when all I did was unplugged some stuff and plugged them back together. Motors spin freely by hand still just won't power up[emoji22]

How to reinstall (forcing) same phantom 3 firmware again, incase you suspect that it didn't go properly first time.

So I tried forcing a install and of course it got stuck again...here is the results...
13303a3ef6d92ca1ab125227af3f4a7c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had almost the same case in April.
I don't know how much it was connected to the FW update, but it actually happened 2 flights after upgrading to 1.8.
My story made it even worse, i don't know if this will make you feel better - I am not in US and i had to send drone to Germany, which cost me around 80$. They replaced it, saying it was faulty and sent me new p3a. For receiving which i had to pay piggy government around another 80$ for tax fee. So 160$ and 3 months of no flying.

+ Received new one. After couple of weeks remote controller started having issues. Now i have to send it to them(thank god this time DJI is paying for shipping, cause i flipped out at them) and meanwhile i am using my friends extra RC.

My opionion regarding updates.
I think you should not do an update if everything is working fine. 1.5 and 1.6 had some fixes, which were crucial. But since then i doubt something more crucial is changing. All i hear is ESC errors and etc.
Now i am on 1.9FW. Working fine. i doubt i will be updating to the next one after that. Because every new update - decreases of amount of flyers.

On a side note I did pull out the internal sd card that I replaced and put the factory one I pulled out just to make sure that wasn't causing the problem. So now I have the main controller data error and the esc error...great...it keeps getting better...

Sorry Sandman259,

But if you don't know much about what you're doing, I would not have touched it ?
This is how bad stuff happens, people starting to mess with shite they know nothing about !

There is a folder on the SD card you did the update with, assuming you did not format the card again. The folder is named LOGS I think, or something close. Post the latest log file from that folder please. The folder may be hidden, can't remember right now. That log file contains much more detail about what may have failed during the update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So I tried forcing a install and of course it got stuck again...here is the results...
13303a3ef6d92ca1ab125227af3f4a7c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are actually two upgrade success messages. But, one is for an older version. Do you have two bin files on the sd card? And are you following the upgrade process exactly? There are a series of beeps that indicate the status of the update. When the upgrade is complete, a specific sequence of beeps is emitted. You should then turn the AC off and check the messages on the sd card.

One of your earlier posts showed a DJI Go screen with normal versions of all firmware, AC, RC and DJI Go. The error message on the DJI Go app may be an indication of some other problem.

Good luck, Jim

I don't know if you tried this yet. FORMAT the card. Then load just the firmware on it, maybe even the prior firmware, then the current firmware. Then try again and again. It sounds like the firmware corrupted while installing somehow. Also try different batteries if you have more than one. A smart battery may falsely need/want an update too and cause something weird to happen. Firmware is one of those things that can go crazy wrong. Trying different combinations may get you unstuck.

The screen shot in post #35 shows that his current firmware has already been updated. Why keep pushing it back and forward?
Sound more like a good way to "screw" it further... ;-)
Literally and figuratively. Ha

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20