I wasn't going to say anything

Wow, so sorry that you have to go through all that hassle and drama to get this settled. But at least Paypal is working on your side. I think I'd resolve this quickly myself. Send it back, get your money back, and get another gimbal from a known reputable source.

While you are waiting, keep doing what you are doing to spend time with your dad. Time waits for no man. I lost my dad to lung cancer and emphysema many years ago, so ANY time you spend with your dad now is important, no matter WHAT you are doing.....even if is only talking over a cup of coffee.

Check around on the Forum for the part you need. I'm sure someone like @hunch from uavrepairshop.com (or others) may have the part you need and can get you back in the air soon. Good luck. [emoji106]
Thank you for your kind words.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
So this is the latestView attachment 83642 View attachment 83643
Paypal approved the return. The thing is its obvious that hes gonna say that I switched the gimbal. He's already claiming that. From the picture's I posted he claims he can tell that I switched gimbals and his piece of tape that was on it has been removed and put on another gimbal. How he could possibly identify his gimbal from some fuzzy iPhone pics I'll never know. I can certainly identify his, its the one with the bent yaw arm. The point is he's gonna tie my money up for a month. I don't have a month. Since I got my p4 my dad has been really excited about seeing it fly with the camera. He has lung cancer and our time is limited. I want to take him flying and teach him how to fly. My p4 has just amazed him with everything I say it can do but I haven't been able to show him. This is something were both excited about and I want to spend as much time with him doing something we both enjoy as possible while I still can. Sending the gimbal back and waiting a month just doesn't work for me. I need to be flying with my dad right now. We got out on the water yesterday and we had a good day together, it was really nice. Days like that are at a premium right now and i don't have the time to deal with this guy. I can't get that month back that it would take to get my money released to buy another gimbal. I hate that this scammer is going to get over on me but its not worth fighting right now. I will at least hold up his money as long as I can by waiting to respond until the last minute. He's probably a dope head junkie and that money makes the difference between being sick or being high. I hope he od's when he does get it.

I'm definitely trying not to be insensitive and I realize that everyone's financial situation is different - but if you have enough discretionary income available to purchase a P4 - surely you can pull together enough $ for a replacement gimbal? On credit card? Borrow from a friend or family member? Short term bank loan? Sell something else?

It sounds like you're resisting that option out of "principle" because this guys scammed you and you shouldn't have to pay anything extra - and I agree that you should follow this up and get a refund from this scammer - but - as you explained that your father doesn't have much time left - spend a little extra and get that bird in the air sooner instead of later. Even if it costs you an extra $1000 (which it won't), it sounds like it will be worth it to you and your dad. Take your time fighting to get your money back - but don't waste the time you have left with your Dad - and don't let the eBay scammer ruin or affect a single moment of it!

If it were me - and I know it's not - I'd move heaven and earth to make this happen. I'd go out and buy a brand new P4 or Mavic, take those flights with my Dad and worry about selling it used after the fact - and even if I lost half the value of it and only flew it that one day - and even if it took me a year to pay back the money I lost doing this - it would be worth it for that one great afternoon with my Dad.

As I said - I'm trying not to be insensitive. I still have my Dad, but I lost my Mom 7 years ago and there's no price I wouldn't pay to be able to spend one more afternoon with her.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, and sorry you got scammed. Don't let the scammer get away with it - and consider what I said about priorities.

Reactions: pomonabill220
I'm definitely trying not to be insensitive and I realize that everyone's financial situation is different - but if you have enough discretionary income available to purchase a P4 - surely you can pull together enough $ for a replacement gimbal? On credit card? Borrow from a friend or family member? Short term bank loan? Sell something else?

It sounds like you're resisting that option out of "principle" because this guys scammed you and you shouldn't have to pay anything extra - and I agree that you should follow this up and get a refund from this scammer - but - as you explained that your father doesn't have much time left - spend a little extra and get that bird in the air sooner instead of later. Even if it costs you an extra $1000 (which it won't), it sounds like it will be worth it to you and your dad. Take your time fighting to get your money back - but don't waste the time you have left with your Dad - and don't let the eBay scammer ruin or affect a single moment of it!

If it were me - and I know it's not - I'd move heaven and earth to make this happen. I'd go out and buy a brand new P4 or Mavic, take those flights with my Dad and worry about selling it used after the fact - and even if I lost half the value of it and only flew it that one day - and even if it took me a year to pay back the money I lost doing this - it would be worth it for that one great afternoon with my Dad.

As I said - I'm trying not to be insensitive. I still have my Dad, but I lost my Mom 7 years ago and there's no price I wouldn't pay to be able to spend one more afternoon with her.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, and sorry you got scammed. Don't let the scammer get away with it - and consider what I said about priorities.
I wish I did have an extra $350 to go ahead and replace it but moneys a little tight right now. I got a really good deal on my p4. It was crashed when I bought it. I got it for $400 with a broken gimbal. I sold the broken gimbal for $160 and bought this one for $270. Ive got like $600 into it with everything. It is working right now so we can fly until I have to return it and I think I'm gonna have to return it. You can't tell that its not pointing straight while in flight but the horizon is always way off. I can level it then fly forward and its off again. Worse than any other p4 I've seen video of. I am gonna call PayPal Monday and see what's gonna happen when he claims that I returned a different gimbal. If I'm gonna get my money right away regardless I am certainly going to return it but I will have an uncut video of me packaging it at the post office and handing it off to them. I will insure it and have delivery conformation. If he tries to pull some crap I'll file an insurance claim and if what he tells the investigator is bs he will be charged with postal fraud.

This is were I sold my gimbal. I put everything I knew into the description in great detail.View attachment 83389 View attachment 83390
WOW what's with all the misspelling? and he does not accept refunds.. sounds like he knows it isn't right and won't accept it back.... hhmmmm!
Also, like you stated, he doesn't have much of a history.. another red flag.

Reactions: Duchunter
I hope you and your Dad can spend some time together, and this jacka$$ doesn't ruin your time.
Good luck!

Reactions: Duchunter
So I bought my new gimbal on eBay, got it on and it works BUT, it points off to the right. I figured it just needed a calibration, no big deal. I calibrated it several times and still it's off. I got to looking at it a little closer and the yaw arm is bent. Now this gimbal was guaranteed to be rebuilt and working properly. It clearly has not. I contacted the seller and sent him pictures. He immediately accused me of switching the gimbal with a damaged one. Now I sold my damaged gimbal on eBay so eBay can clearly see that. There is a piece of tape the seller stuck on the gimbal that I did not remove. He claimed he can tell that I switched out the gimbal he sent for a different gimbal and that the tape has been removed and put on a different gimbal. Just complete asinine accusations. I may be a lot of things but a thief I am not. This guy has a total of like 11 feedback scores. I've been an eBay/paypal customer for over a decade and nobody has ever accused me of scamming them. I've never even had a dispute. I know he's obviously going to say that it's not his gimbal. How do I defend that? I just want what I paid for. [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] why has it got to one thing after another? I will post a link to the auction. DJI Phantom 4 Replacement Gimbal & Camera for Phantom 4 Quadcopter (working) | eBay
Yeah, did you learn anything? Like feedback score COUNTS A LOT! Refubished means what? Seems like buying local (US) may be not as good as thought. China sucks, but are easily won over.
So...buy new from USA IF POSSIBLE, feed back may be #1.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart