I wasn't going to say anything

Reaction score
So I bought my new gimbal on eBay, got it on and it works BUT, it points off to the right. I figured it just needed a calibration, no big deal. I calibrated it several times and still it's off. I got to looking at it a little closer and the yaw arm is bent. Now this gimbal was guaranteed to be rebuilt and working properly. It clearly has not. I contacted the seller and sent him pictures. He immediately accused me of switching the gimbal with a damaged one. Now I sold my damaged gimbal on eBay so eBay can clearly see that. There is a piece of tape the seller stuck on the gimbal that I did not remove. He claimed he can tell that I switched out the gimbal he sent for a different gimbal and that the tape has been removed and put on a different gimbal. Just complete asinine accusations. I may be a lot of things but a thief I am not. This guy has a total of like 11 feedback scores. I've been an eBay/paypal customer for over a decade and nobody has ever accused me of scamming them. I've never even had a dispute. I know he's obviously going to say that it's not his gimbal. How do I defend that? I just want what I paid for. [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] why has it got to one thing after another? I will post a link to the auction. DJI Phantom 4 Replacement Gimbal & Camera for Phantom 4 Quadcopter (working) | eBay

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 802
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 751
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 848
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 817
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 789
Last edited by a moderator:
Start a dispute with eBay/Paypal. They are usually very good at getting with the seller and resolving issues like this.....like partial or full refunds. Can't hurt to try. [emoji106]

I did, this is his responds:

This item was sent to a different person on eBay. It was purchased sent and recived on eBay. We are working on getting information from them on ebay. Please request a return on eBay. Item was tested and working the day we sent it out. The photos he sent were of a different gimbal. Please send install photos and the receipt of the company who installed it and quoted your prices? Please request a return on eBay Thank you Nate[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's a bit fishy. Most legit sellers will just ask you to return it for a refund since they don't want bad reviews from eBay or being refused service by Paypal.

I think I'd respond by telling the seller it IS working, but it is damaged......and that damage wasn't disclosed in the sale description. Then get a full refund from the seller......or mention that you may have to get Paypal involved. Most sellers cringe at upsetting Paypal and will avoid that if at all possible.

I started a dispute on paypaI had to, they were gonna release the funds today. I tried to work it out with the guy. After dealing with my broken gimbal I can tear one of these things down blind folded. I offered to keep it and fix it myself but its gonna cost $50 for a yaw arm and my time to do it. I asked for a $70 refund to just keep it and deal with it. He immediately accused me of trying to scam him. He is just going to say its not his gimbal and how do I prove it is? His accusations are going to tie my money up for another month. Good God I just want to fly with no issues! He purposely posted pics that have no view of the damage or any identifying numbers. Its all obvious now what he was trying to do but not so much at the time of purchase. Why do people have to do this crap? Nobody's word means anything anymore. Well at least I put a hold on him getting the money.

My response to his accusations:

The item was sold as a working, rebuilt gimbal. It is clearly damaged and it has not been rebuilt. The seller conveniently did not include pictures from an angle from where the damage can be seen. The item does work however it is damaged and does not function properly. I made the seller aware that there was a problem. This seller has accused me of fraud and as a result of this persons asinine accusation there can be no resolution. The item will be returned. The gimbal has his label still on it as well as whatever markings he put on it. He clearly planed to sell the item, deny the damage, and then accuse whoever bought it of fraud. This seller is clearly a scammer.

Sounds like it will work out in your favor. Well done. And as @microlinux said above, It almost always goes in favor of the purchaser with Paypal.

Have faith dude, there are still honest people out there. It will work out. [emoji106]

You can't tell that its pointing to the right from the video but any reveal type shots are going to be impossible to center the poi........ What's the trick to uploading videos on here. I've tried several times over the weeks and it errors out every time without fail.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2017-06-05-10-58-02.png
It really bothers me when someone questions my integrity. I go out of my way to be an honest person. Take this ribbon wire for example, (pic below). I could have just said screw you and let them eat the loss of the second wire they sent me but I would not have not been able to sleep at night. This is the kind of honesty I try to maintain.

This is were I sold my gimbal. I put everything I knew into the description in great detail.
Screenshot_2017-06-05-11-16-50.png
Screenshot_2017-06-05-11-17-29.png

I'm certainly no expert, but on image 19 it appears the downward bracket is bent to the side just ever so slightly. Thus would certainly cause the issue you're seeing. More photos would help confirm this.

If this is the case, he should certainly replace the gimbal for you!!

I'm certainly no expert, but on image 19 it appears the downward bracket is bent to the side just ever so slightly. Thus would certainly cause the issue you're seeing. More photos would help confirm this.

If this is the case, he should certainly replace the gimbal for you!!

It is absolutely bent. No doubt about it. He clearly did not tuck the rubber skirt back into the gimbal in an effort to hide the damage. Have you ever seen a gimbal skirt protruding below the gimbal tray? Its pretty clear what he was trying to do.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You can really see how distorted everything is when the gimbal guard is in place.

I see now that you had already seen it was bent. Sorry about that!

Anyway, hopefully eBay will help.

I've been "had" once on eBay. I'm through with ebay myself. People will do anything for a dollar and then have the nerve to blame you or me for their dishonesty. Crooks!

I've been "had" once on eBay. I'm through with ebay myself. People will do anything for a dollar and then have the nerve to blame you or me for their dishonesty. Crooks!
Yeah man, I have never had this happen to me on eBay. I've bought and sold on eBay for a decade or better and I've never had somebody sent me something that they knew was jacked up and then accuse me of damaging it or in this guys case switching it for a damaged item. Nope, this is a first. Its so obvious to me now in retrospect. It was too cheap, the seller is too new, the eBay photos are all offset and its not powered up, no photo of the yaw arm at all, not even a glimpse of it. I got played but I'm pretty sure paypal will see it my way. After reading his response its quite obvious that he doesn't realize PayPal is eBay. I don't need to file a dispute with eBay. I already filed a dispute with PayPal and I'm pretty sure eBay got the memo.
I don't think these scammers realize that they don't get the money right away. Its 3 days after confirmed delivery. The only thing they can do then is make ridiculous accusations. They must just not know the process or why put yourself through it? Paypal is never gonna see it their way. They deal with this every day. Surely they can see through it just as easily as I can. He would have done better to say I must have crashed it than to say I switched it. I have the whole process on here of me buying my p4, trying to fix it, giving up, selling the gimbal, and buying this one. Its all documented here for like the past 2 months. Almost all the parts were purchased on eBay so its documented they're to. My gimbal was sold on eBay. I have no gimbal to switch. This is my first dji quad. I'm a newb. I don't have 15 phantoms and parts galore. This is it, one p4 is all I have besides a couple of toy quads. The nerve of some people.

Last edited:
So this is the latest
Screenshot_2017-06-09-09-05-56.png
Screenshot_2017-06-09-09-05-27.png

Paypal approved the return. The thing is its obvious that hes gonna say that I switched the gimbal. He's already claiming that. From the picture's I posted he claims he can tell that I switched gimbals and his piece of tape that was on it has been removed and put on another gimbal. How he could possibly identify his gimbal from some fuzzy iPhone pics I'll never know. I can certainly identify his, its the one with the bent yaw arm. The point is he's gonna tie my money up for a month. I don't have a month. Since I got my p4 my dad has been really excited about seeing it fly with the camera. He has lung cancer and our time is limited. I want to take him flying and teach him how to fly. My p4 has just amazed him with everything I say it can do but I haven't been able to show him. This is something were both excited about and I want to spend as much time with him doing something we both enjoy as possible while I still can. Sending the gimbal back and waiting a month just doesn't work for me. I need to be flying with my dad right now. We got out on the water yesterday and we had a good day together, it was really nice. Days like that are at a premium right now and i don't have the time to deal with this guy. I can't get that month back that it would take to get my money released to buy another gimbal. I hate that this scammer is going to get over on me but its not worth fighting right now. I will at least hold up his money as long as I can by waiting to respond until the last minute. He's probably a dope head junkie and that money makes the difference between being sick or being high. I hope he od's when he does get it.

Last edited:
Wow, so sorry that you have to go through all that hassle and drama to get this settled. But at least Paypal is working on your side. I think I'd resolve this quickly myself. Send it back, get your money back, and get another gimbal from a known reputable source.

While you are waiting, keep doing what you are doing to spend time with your dad. Time waits for no man. I lost my dad to lung cancer and emphysema many years ago, so ANY time you spend with your dad now is important, no matter WHAT you are doing.....even if is only talking over a cup of coffee.

Check around on the Forum for the part you need. I'm sure someone like @hunch from uavrepairshop.com (or others) may have the part you need and can get you back in the air soon. Good luck. [emoji106]

Reactions: Duchunter
The guys name is:
Nathan L. Tollefson
2044 138th ave nw
Andover, mn 55304

Do not deal with this guy if you come across him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20