I want a weather station setup

So tell me Porky, are there and affordable (read cheap) lightning sensors for the Vue, or any at all for the Vue?

You next dirk;)
o_O still trying ta figure out how ta get this sucker to the house Porky 4.JPG :eek:
Looking at what TJ just got and hoping he open's it up and shows us the real deal !
Well when he sets it up anyway !

Reactions: Clampit
I bought the clone cable from the member on wxforum too, shipping today. He solved the memory issue long ago and all his cables are compatible and log data now. I won't use the software that comes with the Davis cable anyways so the money I saved will go towards software I will actually use.

OK good deal. The guy shipped fast and was really nice. I just could not deal without the memory. And I am with you regarding the Davis software. Never have used it. VWS working fine for me although always looking for something with more cool factor :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Looking at what TJ just got and hoping he open's it up and shows us the real deal !
I will do a cheesy unboxing for you Dirk! ;)

I have an Oregon scientific weather station. I use a raspberry Pi to drive the thing and put the info on weather underground.

The instructions for setting up the raspberry Pi here

http://www.vk3bq.com/2014/07/25/raspberrypi-wview-weather-station/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool & interesting. The results you got were awesome!
I have read up on the raspberry but have never dived in. One of my favorite sites. Sales & cool projects - http://www.adafruit.com

Last edited:
OK good deal. The guy shipped fast and was really nice. I just could not deal without the memory. And I am with you regarding the Davis software. Never have used it. VWS working fine for me although always looking for something with more cool factor :)
I'm all Mac all day, everyday so I was looking into 'WeatherSnoop' - http://www.tee-boy.com/weathersnoop/

****, you guys are going to end up costing me more money. I have a Davis weather wizard III but it's all wired. After our remodel last year it got booted from the kitchen. Women! Really limited where I can put the monitor and still connect to the rain gauge and anemometer. I just might have to upgrade.

****, you guys are going to end up costing me more money. I have a Davis weather wizard III but it's all wired. After our remodel last year it got booted from the kitchen. Women! Really limited where I can put the monitor and still connect to the rain gauge and anemometer. I just might have to upgrade.
Blame Porky... on second thought, blame Dirk! He's the one who made the new thread that since I read it my wallet became much lighter! Dang it Dirk!

Blame Porky... on second thought, blame Dirk! He's the one who made the new thread that since I read it my wallet became much lighter! Dang it Dirk!
:eek: Me gone
me gone.gif

Reactions: IflyinWY
So tell me Porky, are there and affordable (read cheap) lightning sensors for the Vue, or any at all for the Vue?

Hey new weather man;)

Nexstorm is the program, hardware/software I use for me lightning setup.

It's a standalone bit of kit, you don't intergrate this with the Davis station, just another program that runs in the background on your PC.;)

o_O still trying ta figure out how ta get this sucker to the house Porky View attachment 21697 :eek:

Dirk, can't wait to see this installed in your house..., pictures please;)

I will do a cheesy unboxing for you Dirk! ;)

Very cool & interesting. The results you got were awesome!
I have read up on the raspberry but have never dived in. One of my favorite sites. Sales & cool projects - http://www.adafruit.com

Looking forward to the unboxing/setting up vid:)

Yep blame him:D dirk better keep running buddy:p I'm right behind ya:D

Sooooo sorry 009..;)
Gotta keep our good lady's happy tho;)

Reactions: Marlin009
Well I've thrown my 2 pence worth in:D

Yep you know what I'm gonna say...... Shower/sh##/shave:D

WORK:(

Catch you guys later;)

Recent Posts

Members online