I downloaded the FAA's B4UFLY app and I have a question

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the yellow chevron indicates in the image below? I'm at the blue dot.

IMG_0334_zpsrm5kde9s.jpg

Thanks!

Does this help?

I think it's an overflight corridor for KMSY. Not quite sure how to interpret it but I think it's Class B from the surface up to 2,000. That airspace is above my pay grade.

SB

You are partially correct. It is a flyway through class B airspace requiring either New Orleans tower clearance or New Orleans approach control clearance. It has a block altitude of 1000 to 2000 feet. Also, a 7 mile diameter ring from KMSY exists with limits from surface to 7000 feet. The class B airspace expands outward from there as usual.

Go to airnav.com and under airports type in KMSY for a detailed aeronautical chart of this area. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That makes sense, thanks!
You are welcome. Most tower controllers are good people. Some, but very few, are control freaks. I would contact the local tower(s) in your preferred flight area and inform them of what your intentions are. Like where you will be, the radius of your flights, and your maximum altitude. Most controllers are ok with you flying in class B airspace IF they know you are there, and know your intentions. Some will ask you to let them know when you are done flying so there are no issues. As long as you aren't too high (400' or less) they should be ok with it. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl