I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work!

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

For anyone interested the new upgraded controller is NOT compatible with 2d gimbal....
I just received this from Dji

M.S/DJI (DJI)
Nov 13 10:04

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for coming back to us.

The H3-2D is the culprit of this scenario since you need to switch to H3-3D to avoid this awkward situation, which means you don't have to hold the scroll wheel in position all the time so as to have a level view.

Let me put it in this way, the gimbal will basically maintain a 45° no matter what firmware you upgrade to if you stick with the 2D unless you pick 3D.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused accordingly and your understandings will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
MS

Finally!!! I got a RMA for my gimbal and sent it off today. Told 8 to 10 weeks. So, in the mean time I decided to buy a new camera/gimbal so I can at least fly. I have a couple of things comings up and I cannot be grounded.

Installed the new camera/gimbal, fired up everything, and..........................It works perfectly. Nice smooth scroll from end to end. Wheel goes to center when released and the gimbal stays put. Push the wheel a little and it rotates slowly. Push it all the way and the camera moves FAST!! So, I am a happy camper. I will either sell the original gimbal when it comes back, or keep it as a spare.

I toyed with the idea of getting a whole new machine, but this one is tried and true so I decided to continue to dance with the one that brung me :p

Hei Bjørn thore har du fåt hjulet til å fungere på phantomen din? Bruker du den nye fjernkontrollen til dji den med hjul på siden. Jeg bestilte quickrelease, men har noen problemer med fjernkontrollen, skal så lite til med å tilte cameraet. hjulet virker svært følsomt. har du merket det?

bouvier said:
Interesting that someone else received theirs turned on out of box. I thought it strange when I opened mine and it was in the on position and totally dead.
But........ it appears to now function correctly!

Mine too - switch in the 'on' position out of the box, battery totally flat. Charging now - will test this evening.

samd012 said:
Quick question, when you guys are calibrating your sticks are you pressing the throttle into the lock position or just rotating outside of that?

When I received mine I checked calibration and it was done at the factory with full range into the throttle lock position. All sticks were calibrated correctly.

airdrone said:
Hei Bjørn thore har du fåt hjulet til å fungere på phantomen din? Bruker du den nye fjernkontrollen til dji den med hjul på siden. Jeg bestilte quickrelease, men har noen problemer med fjernkontrollen, skal så lite til med å tilte cameraet. hjulet virker svært følsomt. har du merket det?

Jeg løste akkuratt dette problemet med å kalibrere x1 i RC assistant software. Håper det løser også problemet ditt

Mopar Bob said:
Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great **** and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:

1. Un-install the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version with out telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.

2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. Its simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.

3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.

4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.

5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.

6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.

7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.

8.Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.

9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant. disconnect the PC from the Phantom.

10, Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, but these are the steps that worked for me. On another note (bitching time). I have developed computer software for over 35 years. One thing you never ever do, is release any changes to the software without identifying it as a new release number. Even when the software is in the various stages of testing. Yet, it appears DJI has done this in the past and continues to do so now. They ought to fire the stupid *** that is managing their software program......end of rant.

I've had my new P2 H3-3D Version 2 Phantom for a week. MY Gimbal bricked. reset it. Got it working but it sucked. Did this and to much my surprise... IT WORKED!

Only thing is the Gimbal starts with gopro facing down. It has always done that and I think its the firmware. but THanks!

New RC now working but a HORRIBLE experience. Installing, uninstalling, calibrating, recalibrating - all multiple times and for multiple hours. Followed the successful procedures as noted in this thread and - all with bad results. I was convinced the RC was defective. Experienced problems ranging from non-working gimbal, to jerky gimbal, to P2V+ not starting.

After success, I can't even describe why it finally worked.

The end result is fantastic, but DJI has to improve the process.

mem_ny said:
New RC now working but a HORRIBLE experience. Installing, uninstalling, calibrating, recalibrating - all multiple times and for multiple hours. Followed the successful procedures as noted in this thread and - all with bad results. I was convinced the RC was defective. Experienced problems ranging from non-working gimbal, to jerky gimbal, to P2V+ not starting.

After success, I can't even describe why it finally worked.

The end result is fantastic, but DJI has to improve the process.
Support that fuĺly.

Gimbal works great, but now I can't get the thing to leave the ground. I have reset the gain multiple times to no effect.

It's always a thrill a minute with DJI.

FPFTraining said:
Gimbal works great, but now I can't get the thing to leave the ground. I have reset the gain multiple times to no effect.

Sounds like you need to recalibrate the sticks in RC assistant. Then hook up phantom and run phantom assistant. Click on basic then RC tab. Click calibrate button under stick controls and push your full range of movement.

I imagine phantom is not currently seeing the rc's full range.

Damon said:
FPFTraining said:

Sounds like you need to recalibrate the sticks in RC assistant. Then hook up phantom and run phantom assistant. Click on basic then RC tab. Click calibrate button under stick controls and push your full range of movement.

I imagine phantom is not currently seeing the rc's full range.

I have done this multiple times. I must be screwing something up.

I must be missing one small, obvious step that is keeping me from realizing success. I'll re-read a few threads and see what's up.

BTW, this forum is great!

FPFTraining said:
I must be missing one small, obvious step that is keeping me from realizing success. I'll re-read a few threads and see what's up.
They made a sticky out of Mopar Bob's instructions. See page 5 of this thread, or just click here for the sticky version: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=30479

SilentAV8R said:
I followed Mopar Bob's instructions to the last detail and now my gimbal/scroll wheel work like a charm!!

SAME HERE!!! NICE!!!

Happy again :)

Gimbal works great. The problem now is I can't get the thing to leave the ground.
(Firmware update completed.)
I have set, reset and reset again the control levers.

Are you able to get it powered up to idle? I found with the new controller that the CSC to the inside didn't work for me anymore, but the CSC with both sticks to the bottom, outside corners worked fine. I've just adopted a new habit for launch now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18