How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Don`t think so..

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

And you make the changes the program magic, then connect the drone to your phone, start the DJI to go, and then re-connect the remote to your computer, turn on the magic button and click iwinfo and see the result. In general, following a decision problem, you need to add the following lines to the end of the file, etc/Init.d/rcS for telnet, everything you do, you do at your own risk. I propose to do in version 5.3 also add this script to solve the problem

echo '* * * * * if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=US ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set US; fi' > /etc/crontabs/root
mkdir -p /var/spool/cron
ln -s /var/spool/cron/crontabs /etc/crontabs
/usr/sbin/crond

Reactions: Yury
Hi Sunkyu, thanks for your excellent forum contributions,
I still have range problems , less than 300-400m, even I have applied Papa Tita and antenna change..The Telnet , says that all OK, 24 dBm.
With a small RF detector , to investigate and solve my range problem. , I can see.
1) that in one of the 2.4Ghz the RF detector detects more than 21 dBm.(due to Magic Power ) that is fine.(that is the 2.4Ghz cable much closer to the top antenna.-grey coaxial). The 21 dBm's just can be measured when the RC and the AC are paired, showing a greed LED in the RC.
2-) To the other 2.4 Ghz , the RF detector just detect 1.4 dBm, (moving from 1 to 3) , that is the second RF coaxial connector , black coaxial)
3-) The 5.8Ghz detects between 12 and 13 dBms .
Is it normal ,the point (2) , that one of the two 2.4Ghz delivers very low power ? Maybe that link is the link to the mobile device that it is very close, and that is normal ? Or do I have a real problem in my RC , that needs to be repaired ?
Thanks in advance,

I cant perform the flash, tried two computer.

Please help

Attachments

• dji 27dbm.PNG
    dji 27dbm.PNG
    269.7 KB · Views: 561
I read it really carefully and watched the tutorial videos but still no luck. I'm an experienced IT user not a noob. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Hi Sunkyu, thanks for your excellent forum contributions,
I still have range problems , less than 300-400m, even I have applied Papa Tita and antenna change..The Telnet , says that all OK, 24 dBm.
With a small RF detector , to investigate and solve my range problem. , I can see.
1) that in one of the 2.4Ghz the RF detector detects more than 21 dBm.(due to Magic Power ) that is fine.(that is the 2.4Ghz cable much closer to the top antenna.-grey coaxial). The 21 dBm's just can be measured when the RC and the AC are paired, showing a greed LED in the RC.
2-) To the other 2.4 Ghz , the RF detector just detect 1.4 dBm, (moving from 1 to 3) , that is the second RF coaxial connector , black coaxial)
3-) The 5.8Ghz detects between 12 and 13 dBms .
Is it normal ,the point (2) , that one of the two 2.4Ghz delivers very low power ? Maybe that link is the link to the mobile device that it is very close, and that is normal ? Or do I have a real problem in my RC , that needs to be repaired ?
Thanks in advance,

... As your test with RF detector, one of 2.4g is sending signal and the other 2.4g is receiving. !??. I don't sure that at P3S. But, P3A, P3P and the others controller have two 2.4Ghz antenna(one is sending, the other is receiving)

The 5.8Ghz is more attenuated as long distance than 2.4Ghz. It is more good choice to add 5.8ghz power up module than change the antenna mod.

... As your test with RF detector, one of 2.4g is sending signal and the other 2.4g is receiving. !??. I don't sure that at P3S. But, P3A, P3P and the others controller have two 2.4Ghz antenna(one is sending, the other is receiving)

The 5.8Ghz is more attenuated as long distance than 2.4Ghz. It is more good choice to add 5.8ghz power up module than change the antenna mod.

Hi Sunkyu, I did not know about it . Thanks for that information .
That makes sense. Because , In fact in that 2.4Ghz, (as you said , supposed to be just receiving antenna), that measured something between 1 to 3 dBm's , when I was touching the external coaxial pigtail ground of the measurement it dropped to almost 0 dBm. And depending on the free dressing , jumped to 3, very unstable. ... So it seems that in fact it should be just coupled RF noise that comes from the other 21 dBm 2.4Ghz transmitting antenna.
I woundered if it was a bidirectional just low bit rate telemetry link with very small transmitting time, but it should be , just 2.4Ghz reception antenna.
Now is clear ! thanks .

Hey @PapaTita ,

Just was about to install your new software, but wanted to check something before I do - are there any bugs you are working on fixing or are there any updates and improvements just around the corner?

I have a new version with the name Magic Power v5.0.

Edit: I fix again the script, there are some data that is corrected to be great live streaming and quick respon on blank the screen so in version 5 is no longer talking about dBm

The big differences from version 3.x is patch in RC and Drone will be active in case of missing signal from RC (boosting to 27 dBm), by this way both RC and Drone no need too high Tx-Power (Default 24 dBm).

View attachment 66852

Other features:

Change Channel via telnet / mobile:
watchlog.sh -ch nn [save] ##nn number of channel [1-13]
watchlog.sh -ch 15 ##activate scan channel
watchlog.sh -ch 0 ##default mode/disabled scan channel
watchlog.sh -ch 13 save ##activate permanent channel 13
Change Tx-Power via telnet / mobile:
watchlog.sh -dbm nn00 ##nn tx-power number, eq: 1700 for 17 dBm
watchlog.sh -dbm 2000 ##set tx-power to 20 dBm
watchlog.sh -dbm 2700 ##set tx-power to 27 dBm
Download: http://bit.ly/p3magic

For detail please follow the instructions in this video:

Last edited:
Your probably not getting much help here because your not including any details of you issue. A simlpe "it's not working, please help" isn't going to get you too far. But I'll help a bit, there's also the Icarus app, does about the same thing.
Icarus for Phantom 3S

Just send a command like this:
put [appfolder]/telnet.sh /sbin/djiled.sh

Hi PapaTita

Can you explain just a bit more on that ? What environment to use to send such command to the drone ? What program ?
Been trying with various approaches, with no success...

Thanks in advance

Hello, just so i am clear here, this is only for the video feed and not the actual signal between P3S-and-RC to get more distance in flight? is there a separate post for mods to get more flight distance for the drone?

I mainly take still photos, so video quality is not super important for me, but i am seeing flight range and altitude issues.

Currently have v1.6.8 on my P3S and am wary to upgrade to v1.7.9 because of all the bad stories i am reading about it online.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart