How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

I actually don't have a LOG file I think. At least there is no log file in the folder where the program is in. I only get these messages in the program when I click step 1. Help is appreciated :).
View attachment 67906

Prior to this TX update attempt, were both AC and RC working just fine?
Have you tried to re-Link both of them? Or may be reset all wifi settings to default?
Sorry if i can't lead you precisely on the issue, since i am only guessing what could be wrong and what was really happened behind that error message....
Based on the LOG you posted above, this app just trying to test the connection to both RC and AC. While RC test was succeded, but AC test was not. That's why i'm asking you was everything working fine prior this TX update attempt.

Hope we find the answers soon...

Reactions: Rens
Have you tried to re-Link both of them? Or may be reset all wifi settings to default?
Sorry if i can't lead you precisely on the issue, since i am only guessing what could be wrong and what was really happened behind that error message....
Based on the LOG you posted above, this app just trying to test the connection to both RC and AC. While RC test was succeded, but AC test was not. That's why i'm asking you was everything working fine prior this TX update attempt.

The AC and RC are both working fine. I can connect my phone and run the DJI Go App, which just shows the camera view like normal. I tried the program on another PC, but I got the same error message. When I tried iwinfo it gave back 10060 (instead of 10061) (maybe because that pc was slow and it timed out?). Thank you for helping!

Reactions: sinxa
The AC and RC are both working fine. I can connect my phone and run the DJI Go App, which just shows the camera view like normal. I tried the program on another PC, but I got the same error message. When I tried iwinfo it gave back 10060 (instead of 10061) (maybe because that pc was slow and it timed out?). Thank you for helping!

Update, I downgraded the phantom to 1.5.70, because the DJI Go app said status: 'latest firmware!' (while I was on 1.6.80). However, it still doesn't work. I get the same error message.. really hoping someone knows the fix to this.

Only video signal will be powered with the mod not 5,8ghz rc

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using PhantomPilots mobile app
After this mod, 5.8ghz allow to go over 1km... if you do a telnet it confirms configuration is no more CE... its same result as FCC. I told many time in this topic that 5.8ghz is no more CE.... please read and look my results and new 5.8ghz range after the mod...
It doesn't change that only 2.4ghz signal is "overboost".
People in CE area will see the 5.8ghz signal like FCC power (no more CE with poor ~500m range). People in FCC area will see no difference.

Last edited:
I thought his mod did not touch the 5.8 Ghz signals. ??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
If you are in CE area you can note a big difference with 5.8ghz signal too. I told that and i had the confirmation when i did the command "iw reg get" it's not CE area with papatita mod... the result is JP area (same 5.8ghz power as FCC... that's why after this mod you have exactly all same results as people in usa in fcc...).

Last edited:
I saw a big difference relative to drone position. If i try to reach altitude only 30mt over my rc position and the rc signal will disconnect always. If i fly with drone distance about 50mt i can reach an altitude 100mt.
I think that i have a big issue with 5.8 aircraft antenna dipole.
With papatita 5.1 the video wifi is always max power....only rc signal crash .

I found the fix to my problem!

I will try to explain. I am on Windows 8.1(I don't use english as a language for Windows so I hope I translated every option correctly), I tried checking if DHCP was enabled. It was already enabled, but in the 'Network and Sharing center' I saw an option connection:wifi (click on it) --> properties --> sharing tab --> allow other network users access to this computer (switch to ON)--> settings --> Telnet server. I switched that to on instead of off. That worked for me and the range mod is now completed. Hope it works for others as well.

I found the fix to my problem!

I will try to explain. I am on Windows 8.1(I don't use english as a language for Windows so I hope I translated every option correctly), I tried checking if DHCP was enabled. It was already enabled, but in the 'Network and Sharing center' I saw an option connection:wifi (click on it) --> properties --> sharing tab --> allow other network users access to this computer (switch to ON)--> settings --> Telnet server. I switched that to on instead of off. That worked for me and the range mod is now completed. Hope it works for others as well.
wow.... thats new to me.
is it some kind of firewall allowing telnet service through the network or something... have you check iwinfo afterward? just to make sure the app done the mod completelly...

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

wow.... thats new to me.
is it some kind of firewall allowing telnet service through the network or something... have you check iwinfo afterward? just to make sure the app done the mod completelly...

Not sure what it exactly did, I am not so experienced with network stuff so I just went through the settings and changed things that seemed relevant :D. I checked iwinfo with telnet android app, and it showed Tx power 24dBm etc. Before the mod, I couldn't even connect to the drone via telnet, so I guess everything went well.

Not sure what it exactly did, I am not so experienced with network stuff so I just went through the settings and changed things that seemed relevant :D. I checked iwinfo with telnet android app, and it showed Tx power 24dBm etc. Before the mod, I couldn't even connect to the drone via telnet, so I guess everything went well.
nice, give us the result soon after you test it.... [emoji2]

here's mine, almost 500m at 60m altitude, right from in front of my house door on urban area.... that's more than enough for me.... [emoji12]
a3cbe14e566960d10a993963cb5a23d7.jpg

nice, give us the result soon after you test it.... [emoji2]

here's mine, almost 500m at 60m altitude, right from in front of my house door on urban area.... that's more than enough for me.... [emoji12]
a3cbe14e566960d10a993963cb5a23d7.jpg

Nice!

I just tested the range. I got 945 meters (at <60m altitude). Before the mod my max range was 760 meters. Today it is very moist and cloudy outside, so I think that limited the range a bit. Also I didn't use any windsurfer etc. for 5.8, I think that caused the signal loss. Video was super clear and smooth at all times! Overall happy with it, hope to soon break the 1km barrier :).

Hi guys, I too have made the change magic 5.1 on my P3s 1.6.80 with an increase to 24 dBi and default 20dbi rc limit. The video signal is clean and strong, but now after a good 2.5 km I signal loss. I am in Rome and in CE mode. Before after 1.0 km it had video loss, while not anymore. Using a argtek kit and two windsurfing united on the central 5.8 ghz. I attach a screenshot of my test.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.15.36.png
    Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.15.36.png
    274.4 KB · Views: 304
Reactions: sinxa and PapaTita
Hi everybody,

Although the weather really sucks and winds are blowing from W at 15-20 kts I've decided to fly anyway and test this new mod over the 2.4 ghz band. I've pushed everything to 27 db, downgraded the firmware from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7. Just before take off I've managed to change the Wifi into a best rated channel (CH 4 in that moment). I live in a residential area with 2 repeaters (cellphones, wifi...) at about 300 ft away from my Home Operations Point. NOT the best conditions. However, with P-GPS mode, I climbed to 413 ft and reached 350 ft distance. I was simply scared to push my bird that far with such strong wind at that altitude, that's why I've decided to stay pretty near. But let's talk about the video connection. Simply AWESOME! Never had an interruption, no signal loss, no frozen image. Consider this:

Weather Conditions - Overcast and ceiling at 800 ft / Wind 15-20 kts (surface)
Surrounding conditions - Populated residential area with 2 big repeaters nearby my position (300 ft)

I'm pretty satisfied of my bird flying like a boss with 20kts wind and I'm pretty satisfied with this 2.4 mod. Couldn't be better.
Attached a shot from 413 ft high. Note the heavy clouds formations right above my bird's head.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    605.6 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Reactions: sinxa and PapaTita
Hi Papa Tita, I can patch 1.6.8 fine but your program doesn't work for 1.7.0084. On STEP 1 it will say RC ready and Aircraft ready and stuck there forever.
Is there any test I can do for you on this version? I won't downgrade back to 1.6.8 and can't downgrade the on 1.5.7

I get same with 1.07.0090 as well .... no change.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor