How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Hi Papatita.
You say you use and tested this mostly on 1.5.7
Have you had any dealings with 1.6.8?
Has anyone else on here had any issues with using this when on firmware 1.6.8?

Cheers
Hunt
in fw 1.6.8 there is the problem of lost signal although at short distances.

hi papatita. tried everything but seems its not working on my android..
downgraded also the drone firmware to 1.5.7 on my p3s
run the software as admin...
but it always prompted with "access violation at address .00000000"
:-(
Please turn off the antivirus or windows firewall

Reactions: kid joe
in fw 1.6.8 there is the problem of lost signal although at short distances.

Please turn off the antivirus or windows firewall
thanks for your quick reply papatita. yup, i already did turn off my avg antivirus. the same prompt always shows.

hi papatita. tried everything but seems its not working on my android..
downgraded also the drone firmware to 1.5.7 on my p3s
run the software as admin...
but it always prompted with "access violation at address .00000000"
:-(

It's not an android app, it is a windows app!!!!!!! It won't run on android.

It's not an android app, it is a windows app!!!!!!! It won't run on android.

i think kidjoe didn't mean to say he ran the app on android... if he did, he wouldn't see any message at all. not even that "access violation" thing....

thanks for your quick reply papatita. yup, i already did turn off my avg antivirus. the same prompt always shows.

what windows you are using? did you see any popup windows asking you to chose network categories (work,public,home)? if you didn't answer it, this app probably still blocked by windows firewall.....

Hi PapaTita ,
I downgraded to 1.5.7, and then applied your magicpower5.0 .
Question, beside changing the 2,4Ghz power link, is it also changing changing the country "GB" part to FCC type ?
Because after applying the default limit 24 dBm to both , AC and RC (through magicpower5.0) , and I do not lose any video link, but i still can not cross the 300 m range distance .
Tomorrow I would continue testing about it , but I wonder if the 5 Ghz link is also limitted due to the line , county "GB" lines.

Hi Papa Tita
Ive been trying to run Magic5, have switched off defender connected wi fi to phantom, and opened app as admin but all I get is "cant connect to rc" Can you help? Thanks Harry

Hy Papatita what about if you own 2 remotes ? Di you have to reverse to default before swapping remote ? Or you can just pztch both remote and swap them just like this ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: alessiotst
Hi Papatita,

2 Questions:

1. I updated my P3S to 24dbm and 20dbm to RC with DJIUpdate v3.8. This worked like a charm. Now I see that you developed a new software - what are the differences? Should I use this MagicPower software or basically they are the same?

2. If I should update the drone and RC using Magic Power - should I go back to default using the DJIUpdate software and then update using MagicPower? Or MagicPower will work fine on drone and RC even following the DJIUpdate hack?

Thanks!

Hi Papatita,

2 Questions:

1. I updated my P3S to 24dbm and 20dbm to RC with DJIUpdate v3.8. This worked like a charm. Now I see that you developed a new software - what are the differences? Should I use this MagicPower software or basically they are the same?

2. If I should update the drone and RC using Magic Power - should I go back to default using the DJIUpdate software and then update using MagicPower? Or MagicPower will work fine on drone and RC even following the DJIUpdate hack?

Thanks!
I have exactly the same questions. Waiting patiently.........
(3.8 brilliant by the way!!)

b1a07b262159e4a624e41276e7de2ed6.jpg
I'm a believer longest flight ever thanks to magic!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: STAINLESS
Hey PapaTita.

I'm having issues with Step 2.
I'm running Windows 10. I have turned off Windows Firewall and disabled Windows Defender. And my firmware is 1.5.7+

Step one seems to go through ok. Although I have to click the "Step 1" button twice, the first time shows "RC Ready" then when I press it again I get "Aircraft Ready". Then it goes through the process and I get the window that tells me "Step 1 Finish. Restart your RC & Aircraft.
I disconnect from the WiFi, turn aircraft off, turn RC off. Count to 10 and turn RC on, then turn aircraft. I wait until the RC shows a green light, which means it's connected to the aircraft. I then re-connect to the WiFi network and go back to your application and click the OK button.
But then I get an error box saying "Can't connect to RC!!"
I click OK and try Step 2. And again with one click I get "RC Ready" - and I click "Step 2" again and I get "Aircraft ready" but then almost straight away another box pops up saying "Can't telnet to RC".

So Step 2 never finishes.

Help!

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart