How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

So frustrated. I tried to do this tonight. Windows 10, latest firmware on the Phantom 3 Standard, firewall and AV software disabled. Whenever I run Magic Power I get an error message that it can't connect to the AC.

It's been a long day, so maybe I'm just tired. I'll try again this weekend.

So frustrated. I tried to do this tonight. Windows 10, latest firmware on the Phantom 3 Standard, firewall and AV software disabled. Whenever I run Magic Power I get an error message that it can't connect to the AC.

It's been a long day, so maybe I'm just tired. I'll try again this weekend.
Can you send it here:
Screenshot of error, "network connection details" or "ipconfig" from command prompt?

Can you send it here:
Screenshot of error, "network connection details" or "ipconfig" from command prompt?
PapaTita, thanks for replying so fast. I can send you those in a few days. I need to head to bed!

Thanks Papatita for your mod I am really pleased with the results. Today I managed 1472m with my p3s and just a windsurfer, amazing.

23cb4b9b2498c8a3fba77414a2be30cd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaTita
Something like this one 2W 5.8GHz WLAN 2-Way Power Amplifier / Wi-Fi Router AP - Silver+Black. First you can start increase range with high gain antannas - argtek and install panel or helical antenna instead center omnidirectional

yes. i read many articles about but it seems to be the only one 2 way receiver and tresmitter amplifier 2w.
i bouth it yesterday. i bought also a dcdc step up from 3.7 to 9 v switching to try to power amplifier from rc battery. i wold like to install a female power connector near the 3 dbs connector.
i hope it will arrive in italy for a few days.
I fear that the power consumption can be too much for the remote control battery. the maximum power of amplifier is about 600ma; but the dcdc power supplyer cost is only 4,5€ it's very small pcb.
I think that if it works in this configuration is the best thing. without an external battery.
someone is very luky to reach great distance in CE area without strong modification.

Can you send it here:
A screen grab of the error message is attached. Here are my network details:

Name: Wi-Fi
Description: Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card
Physical address (MAC): 0c:ee:e6:89:2f:a3
Maximum transmission unit: 1500
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.3/24
IPv6 address: fe80::6ca3:356c:857a:1a7e%4/64
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS servers: 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2
Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to unknown network, no traffic

Attachments

• Can't connect.jpg
    Can't connect.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 321
A screen grab of the error message is attached. Here are my network details:

Name: Wi-Fi
Description: Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card
Physical address (MAC): 0c:ee:e6:89:2f:a3
Maximum transmission unit: 1500
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.3/24
IPv6 address: fe80::6ca3:356c:857a:1a7e%4/64
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS servers: 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2
Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to unknown network, no traffic
Please set your IP network as DHCP

Reactions: Zeuspower
Please set your IP network as DHCP
After making that change I was able to complete Step 1, but with Step 2 I receive this error message: "Can't telnet to RC!!"

EDITED to add: I figured out how to enable telnet and everything seems to have installed properly. Thanks for your help, Papa Tita!

Last edited:
Downgraded my p3s to 1.5.7 from 1.6.8 last night. Now the firmware shows as unknown on my iPhone but as 1.5.7+ on my iPad. The iPhone was connected to the bird when the downgrade took place.

Anyhow I then did the Magic Power patch which appeared to work.

Can't wait for the weekend to give things a try.

I've read through most of this thread and am seeing mixed answers - If I'm in the US with a P3S, will this mod still provide any benefit? Some posts say it's worthless for us US users, and some say it's still beneficial.. What would be the benefit of using this in the US? Better connection, or reconnect when image lost?

Yes this mod is beneficial in the USA,stock output on the radio is 20dbm and the drones stock output is 27dbm that is where most people assume that the software doesn't help because they think we are already transmitting at 27. I've did the mod and it does help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: loonie01
After making that change I was able to complete Step 1, but with Step 2 I receive this error message: "Can't telnet to RC!!"

EDITED to add: I figured out how to enable telnet and everything seems to have installed properly. Thanks for your help, Papa Tita!
I couldn't also run Step 2. I can see that tx-power is 27dbm anyway.

What this Step 2 makes? Papatita?

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Does anyone have problems with the Go 3.1.2 in iOS and magic power?I updated by mistake from 2.9.2 which was the best,and I haven't try it yet.
With 3.0 I had extreme lag problems.

I couldn't also run Step 2. I can see that tx-power is 27dbm anyway.

What this Step 2 makes? Papatita?

Tommi, you only make step 2 for firts time when you use that mod. When you use new version of mod you make only STEP 1

In Finnish too, Tommi ei sun tartte tehä STEP2 jos oot sen jo joskus tehnyt, pelkkä STEP 1 riittää.

Jani

Reactions: PapaTita
Tommi, you only make step 2 for firts time when you use that mod. When you use new version of mod you make only STEP 1

In Finnish too, Tommi ei sun tartte tehä STEP2 jos oot sen jo joskus tehnyt, pelkkä STEP 1 riittää.

Jani
Kiitti :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka