How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Yes this mod is beneficial in the USA,stock output on the radio is 20dbm and the drones stock output is 27dbm that is where most people assume that the software doesn't help because they think we are already transmitting at 27. I've did the mod and it does help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks! I just ran the mod the other day - haven't had a chance to test it yet. Will report back

Reactions: xxxntwv
Okay I consider that you know what you doing and know about openwrt. That needs to be done in RC is:

1. Put djiled.sh into the folder /sbin
(please look the script in line 2, maybe you need to remark the telnet option)
2. Put watchlog.sh into /sbin

For AC:
1. Put djiled.sh into the folder /sbin
2. Put watchlog2.sh into /sbin/watchlog.sh

Good luck.

Thanks PapaTita!! So just for reference, I checked if the openWrt installed on the Phantom uses procd or the inittab so I could write an init service instead of modifying the dijled.sh but unfortunately they modified the rcS (and disabled various services) so no luck and we are stuck using the dijled script or modifying the rcS.

For the moment I'm going with the dijled script too. I'm writing a simpler script actually for my purpose as I think that the RC and the AC should be self contained, while it's a very cool idea to have the RC update the AC using telnet I think it's simpler and safer to simply have the RC and AC act by themselves. Moreover it seems that the whatchlog and watchlog2 would kind of interfere since the AC updates the reg but also the RC updates through telnet the reg. But more importantly I prefer not to have telnet running.

About the coverage it's still not clear to me if we need to change it, as far as I can see having a coverage class 0 means to disable the ACK (at least from the documentation that I could find distance=0 means ACK disabled and as far as I understood the distance defines the coverage class). After changing the coverage running iw phy gives this data:

cc=0 (default): 0m ??
cc=1: 450m
cc=2: 900m
cc=3:1350m
cc=4:1800m
cc=5: 2250m

What do you think?

Thanks PapaTita!! So just for reference, I checked if the openWrt installed on the Phantom uses procd or the inittab so I could write an init service instead of modifying the dijled.sh but unfortunately they modified the rcS (and disabled various services) so no luck and we are stuck using the dijled script or modifying the rcS.

For the moment I'm going with the dijled script too. I'm writing a simpler script actually for my purpose as I think that the RC and the AC should be self contained, while it's a very cool idea to have the RC update the AC using telnet I think it's simpler and safer to simply have the RC and AC act by themselves. Moreover it seems that the whatchlog and watchlog2 would kind of interfere since the AC updates the reg but also the RC updates through telnet the reg. But more importantly I prefer not to have telnet running.

About the coverage it's still not clear to me if we need to change it, as far as I can see having a coverage class 0 means to disable the ACK (at least from the documentation that I could find distance=0 means ACK disabled and as far as I understood the distance defines the coverage class). After changing the coverage running iw phy gives this data:

cc=0 (default): 0m ??
cc=1: 450m
cc=2: 900m
cc=3:1350m
cc=4:1800m
cc=5: 2250m

What do you think?
RC and AC self contained ever made in Magic v3.8.
You can see in the script how coverage area I apply in Magic v5.x

@PapaTita
I have Magic Power 5.3. What is new in magic power 5.3+.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I just added a reset command: watchlog.sh -reset to change the default settings. (auto channel, 24 dbm, BO Region)

RC and AC self contained ever made in Magic v3.8.
You can see in the script how coverage area I apply in Magic v5.x

Thanks! I saw how the coverage was applied, my question was more why and how those values were chosen :) If the coverage is 0 the ACK should be disabled no? So (as far as I understood) there is no need to set it.

I'm saying this only because even after the DJI GO app asks for the regulatory domain update the coverage is still 0 (so it keeps the default value) and given that in FCC the range is 1km if the coverage class was a factor it should be modified as well.

I ran Magic Power 5.3 and use the Litchi app. Now it seems the signal for the video feed is always zero but the feed displays fine. Anyone else have this issue? See screenshot below

Last edited:
I ran Magic Power 5.3 and use the Litchi app. Now it seems the signal for the video feed is always zero but the feed displays fine. Anyone else have this issue? See screenshot below

Run the DJI go App first and then close and Kill the DJI go App. After that, run the Litchi App.

Reactions: PapaTita
Last week I saw DJI publishes New Firmware for P3S with code 1.80.100.
I can confirm that Magic v5.3+ support in this latest firmware.
announcement today:
Screenshot_2017-01-11-17-08-23-157_com.facebook.katana.png

Last edited:
Run the DJI go App first and then close and Kill the DJI go App. After that, run the Litchi App.

I found that if I even had the DJI Go App installed on my phone (even when force closed) it would still make Litchi crash constantly

I just did the firmware update and when I ran the power magic software it completed the first step and didn't ask me to restart and do the 2nd step as before it just said it was complete and to enjoy my new mod.do I need to do the second step anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
No need to do the second step
Apparently the update this time isn't much change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20