How to take the Initial aeronautical knowledge test?

I understand that if we don't pass, we can take the test in 14 days...but do we need to pay for again the $150 fee?

From what I've read online (take it for what you paid for this advice) yes you pay the $150 every time you take the physical test.

That's the way I understand it too.

Test proctoring is a business.
You have to be serious about what you are doing.
$150 a pop 'keeps out the riff-raff' as they say.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yep!!

Easy there trigger... I merely went by EXACTLY what you said.... Let's recap:

You stated the price, date, scheduling the test and then immediately stated it was designed for FAA Part 61 holders. Your words not mine. No part of what you mentioned has anything to do with the test current Part 61 holders take.

For current Part 61 holders it's ONLINE, Free, available NOW, approximately 35 questions (I think), and all questions are UAS specific. This is to make sure just because you are a Part 61 holder that you have some knowledge of UAS laws/regulations and not just grandfathered into the course.

I wasn't accusing you as much as I was correcting your mistake which happens to all of us. It's easy to get facts turned around and sometimes we type something slightly different than what we actually meant to say. No big deal and at the end of the day nothing changes.
Did you read it, it "HAS" questions that Part 61 current holders have had to take already, never said they have to take the walk in test, only stated that the walk in test will have knowledge questions that are relevant to the ones part 61 holder already had. it was not worded exactly like that, but my 11 year old son understood it when I ask him to give me his take on what I stated!. I did not know it would be so confusing for some to interpret!.
Needless to say, I am so sorry to have tried to alert those interest in taking it, that it will not be a breeze to take, since it will ask questions on VFR Charts and Weather Charts which are not on the Test for Part 61 holders, but will be for SUAS tester without a Part 61, Fly Safely my Friends!

Did you read it, it "HAS" questions that Part 61 current holders have had to take already, never said they have to take the walk in test, only stated that the walk in test will have knowledge questions that are relevant to the ones part 61 holder already had. it was not worded exactly like that, but my 11 year old son understood it when I ask him to give me his take on what I stated!. I did not know it would be so confusing for some to interpret!.
Needless to say, I am so sorry to have tried to alert those interest in taking it, that it will not be a breeze to take, since it will ask questions on VFR Charts and Weather Charts which are not on the Test for Part 61 holders, but will be for SUAS tester without a Part 61, Fly Safely my Friends!

This is the last time I'm commenting to you on this but . . .

Did I read it? I QUOTED your exact words... I didn't change a single thing but QUOTED them.

Cool-Peace-Smiley.png

Easy there trigger... I merely went by EXACTLY what you said.... Let's recap:

You stated the price, date, scheduling the test and then immediately stated it was designed for FAA Part 61 holders. Your words not mine. No part of what you mentioned has anything to do with the test current Part 61 holders take.

For current Part 61 holders it's ONLINE, Free, available NOW, approximately 35 questions (I think), and all questions are UAS specific. This is to make sure just because you are a Part 61 holder that you have some knowledge of UAS laws/regulations and not just grandfathered into the course.

I wasn't accusing you as much as I was correcting your mistake which happens to all of us. It's easy to get facts turned around and sometimes we type something slightly different than what we actually meant to say. No big deal and at the end of the day nothing changes.
Bud, it was designed with knowledge of Pt 61 in mind also!, if you do not know Pt 61 and just what the Pt 61 takers take online , you will fall short is all I was stating my friend!

All, here are some links from the FAA for prepping. They showed up in my email as part of regular emails I get from FAASafety.gov:

Prepping for the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test
With the effective date of the part 107 small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) rule fast approaching, many people are preparing to take the FAA knowledge test for the new remote pilot certificate. Here are some resources that can help: the Airman Certification Standards (ACS) for Unmanned Aircraft Systems; online sample questions; the part 107 online training course available at FAASafety.gov; the part 107 Advisory Circular, and the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test Guide. In addition, an Internet search will provide several third-party training providers that are available.

All, here are some links from the FAA for prepping. They showed up in my email as part of regular emails I get from FAASafety.gov:

Prepping for the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test
With the effective date of the part 107 small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) rule fast approaching, many people are preparing to take the FAA knowledge test for the new remote pilot certificate. Here are some resources that can help: the Airman Certification Standards (ACS) for Unmanned Aircraft Systems; online sample questions; the part 107 online training course available at FAASafety.gov; the part 107 Advisory Circular, and the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test Guide. In addition, an Internet search will provide several third-party training providers that are available.
Sweet! I just did the course yesterday. It's pretty simple if you have any kind of aviation background. If not, the sectional charts are probably the hardest thing to read but you'll get used to it quickly.

Sweet! I just did the course yesterday. It's pretty simple if you have any kind of aviation background. If not, the sectional charts are probably the hardest thing to read but you'll get used to it quickly.
which course did you do. Alot of links to click through to find what to study and sample questions

I have no prior pilot training will this give me the answers and basics to pass the test you think?
Yes, most likely. The sectional charts are difficult to read if you've never seen one. You don't have to worry about getting the answers right as this is just a practice test. At the end it will tell you what you got wrong an you can change your answers.

I have no prior pilot training will this give me the answers and basics to pass the test you think?

If you are talking about the FAA's online mini-course for Part 61 pilots (ALC-451), no, it won't come anywhere close to preparing you for the full Part 107 test. If your only preparation is to study the FAA's online course, you are guaranteed to fail the real test. Guaranteed.

Your 333 exemption is irrelevant to Part 107 operations. If you want to operate under Part 107 you will have to take the test and get the Remote Pilot airman certification.

The Part 107 certificate will be massively easier to use (and much less restrictive) than your 333 exemption. It will be worth your effort to go for it.

If I have a 333 do I still have to take this test and have a certificate?

So long as your 333 is current (it's dated) and you fly completely within the guidelines noted with your 333 you're good to go. If you're already a part 61 certificate holder (if you're operating under a valid 333 you would have to be) then you can take the online test and follow the noted processes after Aug 29th to get the proper endorsement.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor