How to take the Initial aeronautical knowledge test?

So long as your 333 is current (it's dated) and you fly completely within the guidelines noted with your 333 you're good to go. If you're already a part 62 certificate holder (if you're operating under a valid 333 you would have to be) then you can take the online test and follow the noted processes after Aug 29th to get the proper endorsement.
Got my 333 about a month ago. I had filed for it back in Oct of 2015.SO it is current. I know nothing about a part 62 cert. And of course I paid that big 5 bucks to get my FAA number. I have been filming real estate for about a year and have never had a question about anything

Got my 333 about a month ago. I had filed for it back in Oct of 2015.SO it is current. I know nothing about a part 62 cert. And of course I paid that big 5 bucks to get my FAA number. I have been filming real estate for about a year and have never had a question about anything

My apology it should have said Part 61 (Pilot's license). I'll correct my typo in my other post. . .

If you don't hold a current pilot's license then you're flying outside of the Section 333 Exemption so its it of no good.

I have been filming real estate for about a year and have never had a question about anything

You've done well and been lucky. Several of my Real Estate agencies that I fly for require the 333, Pilots license, and proof of insurance to be on file prior to paying the first invoice.

My apology it should have said Part 61 (Pilot's license). I'll correct my typo in my other post. . .

If you don't hold a current pilot's license then you're flying outside of the Section 333 Exemption so its it of no good.

You've done well and been lucky. Several of my Real Estate agencies that I fly for require the 333, Pilots license, and proof of insurance to be on file prior to paying the first invoice.
Guess I will have to go for the 107 cert then. Insurance is in the works

Guess I will have to go for the 107 cert then. Insurance is in the works
When you get it you'll be ahead of the crowds. Once people see the test first hand I am confident many are going to say "No thank you" and try to fly under the radar and do so illegally.

Reactions: Falcon900
I'm hoping the test is not that hard

That's relative. Do you know everything in the ACS? If so, it won't be hard.

I predict there will be a very large failure rate for first-time test takers.

Not at all I'm sad to say
You're in the same boat with most people. From the comments I see in forums and Facebook groups, very few people are prepared. You weren't born with this knowledge. It's a professional certification and as such will require a significant amount of study. It's perfectly doable; just don't base your strategy on crossing your fingers and hoping the test is easy.

Reactions: BigAl07
Here is a perhaps a unlearned question but on the parts of any test as it relates to FAA certifications, do they provide the material that is needed for charts etc? I know it sounds silly, but here is an example

11 (Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 2.) If an unmanned airplane weighs 33 pounds, what approximate weight would the airplane structure be required to support during a 30° banked turn while maintaining altitude? A. 34 pounds. B. 47 pounds. C. 38 pounds. PLT309 / UA.IV.A.K3 Determining performance. - this part that shows where you'd find that out, is it provided?

They should either have a supplemental book with the referenced charts or they will be pulled up directly on the screen. The same with any questions about airspace or weather reports (i.e. METAR reports).

They should either have a supplemental book with the referenced charts or they will be pulled up directly on the screen. The same with any questions about airspace or weather reports (i.e. METAR reports).
It seemed like that would be the case, but better to ask then try and memorize every flag on every chart... right :)

especially since the tests will likely have different charts!!

The test will contain all needed references and materials... everything but the answers!

Here is a perhaps a unlearned question but on the parts of any test as it relates to FAA certifications, do they provide the material that is needed for charts etc? I know it sounds silly, but here is an example

11 (Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 2.) If an unmanned airplane weighs 33 pounds, what approximate weight would the airplane structure be required to support during a 30° banked turn while maintaining altitude? A. 34 pounds. B. 47 pounds. C. 38 pounds. PLT309 / UA.IV.A.K3 Determining performance. - this part that shows where you'd find that out, is it provided?
This is a common load factor question and yes you can expect this to appear on your test. As I've said before, you weren't born with this knowledge. Someone has to teach you. Gold Seal covers these load factor questions and all the others you might expect.

No answers??!?! Do they not realize that with the current generation that needs to happen or this is not a "safe space" for fragile minds!
Unfortunately, too true. I substitute teach in the local high schools and you wouldn't believe numb those 'fragile minds' are!!

I just took the FAA UAG exam Monday so I thought I would post my experience here. There were at least 12-15 questions requiring the use of sectional charts so those of you who plan to take the exam should get familiar with those. I passed the test at 2:00PM and went immediately to the IACRA site to register my test. Once I started my application, there is a field where you type in your Test ID number. I did this and my test could not be found. The site says it could take 48 hours for exam results to be uploaded. I tried again Tuesday evening and my test was found. After I associated my test with my application, I submitted it. The site then says it will take between 4 and 6 business days for my temporary certificate to be issued. I was all excited after passing the test thinking I would have my license soon but I suppose a week total between passing the test and getting the temporary cert isn't too bad.

I just took the FAA UAG exam Monday so I thought I would post my experience here. .... I was all excited after passing the test thinking I would have my license soon but I suppose a week total between passing the test and getting the temporary cert isn't too bad.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Keep in mind that you're also getting a TSA background check ran on your identity which is part of the "wait" period.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Keep in mind that you're also getting a TSA background check ran on your identity which is part of the "wait" period.

I have a TSA Precheck KTN so I hope that makes it quicker!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor