How far have you flown your Phantom ?

I have only gone 1.1 miles over water in a straight line. It was my first long flight and my heart was in my throat the whole time. Long distance (for me) and over water for the first time!!

Reactions: Darwish
I have only gone 1.1 miles over water in a straight line. It was my first long flight and my heart was in my throat the whole time. Long distance (for me) and over water for the first time!!

Haha, yes. But always love the feeling when the quad comes back and lands safely.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just over 5 kilometers out to sea:-

Reactions: Darwish
8,873M, stock antennas with parabolic extenders; but I didn't lose signal. I just turned around because the battery required it.

Edit: This is a round-trip number.

Last edited:
10,018.2 Feet and counting. Could have gone farther and this was stock antennae. I will try the windsurfers next. Over water without the noise floor, the range is amazing if you can keep your nuts from shriveling up!
IMG_0044.PNG

My windsurfers didn't help me much that I can tell. What helped me most was holding the controller nearly vertical. Antennas were pointed correctly, but I am assuming that I was getting a lot of reflection from the metal back of my ipad mini cause when I basically pointed the back of it toward the P3, my signal would really pick back up from nothing to full. At 1.8 miles, i was down to nearly 50% battery so had to turn around. Maybe time to do a battery mod?

First try 15,000 feet but there were lots of high powered lines in the way, will try again in a better location.

72f4e0de35b19533e1a39b03c8f5c575.jpg

why don't you people use the search button
why don't you people read :disappointed: for example this:
IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING

then you could find this:
Official P3 Range Leaderboard

It really doesn't take up any more space on the server for a new thread. No real harm, and the next guy who searches will come across this thread and all the others. Sometimes people like to interact with others on a more personal level than on an older, very long thread.

In the end, it's just people talking. If everyone searched for the info, forums like this likely wouldn't exist.

It really doesn't take up any more space on the server for a new thread. No real harm, and the next guy who searches will come across this thread and all the others. Sometimes people like to interact with others on a more personal level than on an older, very long thread.

In the end, it's just people talking. If everyone searched for the info, forums like this likely wouldn't exist.

I agree.

I don't get it when people get all worked up over "haven't you searched?"

First, how far have you flown is a totally different question than "leaderboard."

Secondly, if you go and find an old post and then ask a question or try to continue the thread you get scolded, "Hey stupid, don't you know this post is 2 months old? No one is going to respond."

So either way you lose. Live and let live. No one is forcing you to read a post.

Why don't "you people" put question marks at the end of questions?
Why don't 'some people' use proper cases when starting a sentence or question?
Why don't a lot of people read entire threads before posting?
Why don't certain people quote the post that they are responding to for context?
Why don't some people use proper punctuation? Scratch that, where is it that some people don't use punctuation at all?
Why don't a lot of people (including myself) always proof a post carefully before posting it?
Why don't all people always spell-check their posts?
Why do a lot of people make turns in their cars without using their indicators?
Why do people tailgate?
Why don't litter bugs get more citations?
How come some people get worked up over the smallest thing?
Why are some more prone to heart attack and other stress related ailments than others?

LOL!

Reactions: mcajr37 and sacooke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl