How far have you flown your Phantom ?

everyone has the same map picture, over water or farm lands..

lets see some of those over cities!

interference is something to overcome

P3P with NO fancy range extender, finally hit 1 mile. I did. however rig up a jenky DIY 2 CD disks slid over & placed behind the antennas. Without the CD's I couldn't break 1,600ft but now I'm reaching past a mile in a semi rural area.
5,280ft from school parking lot(closed, after hours)
09884970b020a762ac9fe1efaa3db8d2.jpg

I'm playing with DIY ways to extend range without buying the windsurfer & more expensive extended systems;-)
2-CD's glued together with some reflective stickers & cutout of soda can combo, lol:
2eba9aaf4e2856b6ca48ca94f54ae976.jpg

Funny as it may look it cost me some time, glue, tape & stuff laying around the house to over TRIPLE my range!

Can you guys add what your using to extend your range or what kind of antenna setups your using to get the range your posting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Numone
2.55 miles. Using stock bird and MAXXUAV antenna mod. I got about 2.3 miles with windsurfers. I only have one good flight path from my house and something kills signal around the 2.2 mile mark with any configuration I have used. I need to go somewhere remote and see how far I can go.

I did my farthest on Monday. I was visiting some family outside of Henderson, NV. Its was in the high 90s, and I came up on some hills, so I didn't push it to hard. 11,053.15 feet or 2.09 miles!

FullSizeRender.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you see Walter White and Jesse making meth out there?

Reactions: Numone
I know, I know, they were in NM, I just miss the show and the desert made me think of it.

I can get over 15000' or 2.84 miles each way with NO loss of signal at all and totally standard!
This is with a P3P and a 300B controller. Same P3P with my original 300A controller would get about 11000' before signal would drop!
More than happy and still haven't got around to fitting the DBS mod I bought!

Reactions: monkeychops
Is that the copper one that amazon sells for about £10? I presume if you fly over just one wifi router, even if you are at 120m then signal is significantly affected?

Yes it is the one that Amazon sells. I fly in the countryside of bedfordshire, there are no houses for miles. Just miles and miles of farmland surround us. I have P3P and could just fly over 1km before the signal broke up with the windsurfer I have gone double the distance.

I live in Greece.I use windsurfers only.
20510ft - 6,252m max distance with Phantom 3 Professional 42000ft round trip
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just hit 4800 mtrs tonight with P 3 advanced + windsurfer in the UK

Yes it is the one that Amazon sells. I fly in the countryside of bedfordshire, there are no houses for miles. Just miles and miles of farmland surround us. I have P3P and could just fly over 1km before the signal broke up with the windsurfer I have gone double the distance.

What controller do you have?
300A,B or C?

Hit 13,308ft today.. Lost all video signal. I am using the itelite panel, not boosted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.