How can I tell which phantom I have

Reaction score
I am old and new too the Phantom,, lol.
I have model: P330D and below it says V2.0.0 so what do I have, a 1 or a 2? It was givin to me with no Manual , no transmitter and no battery charger and I am determined to get this thing going. I need to look online for a transmitter but before I do I need to know which drone I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes it does minus the stickers on the motor and mine also has stickers on top of the unit that says phantom in red with red circles with the word phantom going through the circle.

Last edited:
Yes it does minus the stickers on the motor and mine also has stickers on top of the unit that says phantom in red with red circles with the word phantom going through the circle.
That is a Phantom 1 with a 2.4 ghz transmitter.
If you look on ebay you should be able to find a RC transmitter for it and any charger for a 3 cell (11.1 volts) should work. just look for that model number P330D for the transmitter. I'm guessing but I think the battery was a 2200mah you should be able to go with something little larger for longer flight time like 2700mah. just watch the connectors on the battery you want one with a xt60.
Happy flying you will enjoy.

That is a Phantom 1 with a 2.4 ghz transmitter.
If you look on ebay you should be able to find a RC transmitter for it and any charger for a 3 cell (11.1 volts) should work. just look for that model number P330D for the transmitter. I'm guessing but I think the battery was a 2200mah you should be able to go with something little larger for longer flight time like 2700mah. just watch the connectors on the battery you want one with a xt60.
Happy flying you will enjoy.
Sounds good, thank you for your help! I was just watching some videos and it looks like my props might be off of a 2 and not original to the 1?

Sounds good, thank you for your help! I was just watching some videos and it looks like my props might be off of a 2 and not original to the 1?
the phantom 2 had self tighting where phantom 1 had slip on with a nut. The self tighting may also be longer.

Yeah, these are self tightening. Is it at all possible this could be a 2 and not a one?
If it's a P2, it takes the larger special battery. P1s stock battery is a plug in 11.1 volt 2200 mah although you can get some higher mah batteries to fit without modification. On one of mine I am using the Multistar 4000 mah battery but the battery door opening has to be enlarged a bit. Mine are P1 1.1.1. They have two antennas on bird coming down the legs and the transmitter has a gimbal tilt lever on the back although I don't use it. I use the 4000 battery on one that has a Walkera 3 axis metal gimbal and a gopro camera. I also use 9450 props on that one.

Reactions: Buzz rocket
If it's a P2, it takes the larger special battery. P1s stock battery is a plug in 11.1 volt 2200 mah although you can get some higher mah batteries to fit without modification. On one of mine I am using the Multistar 4000 mah battery but the battery door opening has to be enlarged a bit. Mine are P1 1.1.1. They have two antennas on bird coming down the legs and the transmitter has a gimbal tilt lever on the back although I don't use it. I use the 4000 battery on one that has a Walkera 3 axis metal gimbal and a gopro camera. I also use 9450 props on that one.
So on mine, it says P330D and below that it says V 2.0.0. I just want to make sure I order the correct transmitter because I have seen some online that has a lever on the back to control a gimbal and I wasn't sure if that was a 1 or 2.

So on mine, it says P330D and below that it says V 2.0.0. I just want to make sure I order the correct transmitter because I have seen some online that has a lever on the back to control a gimbal and I wasn't sure if that was a 1 or 2.
The fastest way to tell is the battery. If your has a door it's a p1, no door p2. I'm not sure but the p2 that is 2.4ghz transmitter n at work on the p1.

I just looked at my three transmitters and they have DJ6 and state the frequency in 2.4. Not sure what the v2 is about.
Ok, and thank you for all your help! Now I just need to find a transmitter on Amazon. I was just looking but no luck yet.

You might want to look for the bird and transmitter. They should be so cheap now. This way you would also have spare parts. Parts that are parted out always cost more if you add up all the stuff. Just be sure it matches what you have.

You might want to look for the bird and transmitter. They should be so cheap now. This way you would also have spare parts. Parts that are parted out always cost more if you add up all the stuff. Just be sure it matches what you have.
I just found one on Amazon for 74$ and it has a lever on the back and it says DJ6. But I was reading reviews and they said the DJ6 is for the 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl