How can I tell which phantom I have

Do you mean for the TX? I have never touched a FC40 so I'm not sure.
Nope, my first bird .5.8 TX . It was beautiful :)
IMG_2209.JPG

That's a Fc40..right. I don't understand your post.
I'm sorry Monte . You had answered phxbird if it had an extender or not . I remember that picture and quoted you instead of him .
Was my bad :)

oh..ok . What did he mean by extender? Antenna?
Like on a P2V or P2V+ . Is for the 2.4 to be amplified for lack of the wrong term .

That's what I was thinking but not sure if that's what he meant.
Why I showed the picture of mine , just had a moment . :oops:
You remember your first don't you ;)

Can you post a picture of the sticker?
I tried with my iPad but couldn't figure it out,, lol.
Basically it has the model: P330D, SN.#, and a check list before flying. It has some other stuff that doesn't represent a frequency unless it is coded. I am a retired communications technician and I don't see any frequency.

I tried with my iPad but couldn't figure it out,, lol.
Basically it has the model: P330D, SN.#, and a check list before flying. It has some other stuff that doesn't represent a frequency unless it is coded. I am a retired communications technician and I don't see any frequency.
That's strange. You said you had it apart and saw the Naza controller. I would think the circuit board might be marked with frequency. Do you even know the bird is any good to begin with? Hate to see you buy a transmitter and still not have it work. Doesn't the person that gave it to you know what it is?.

That's strange. You said you had it apart and saw the Naza controller. I would think the circuit board might be marked with frequency. Do you even know the bird is any good to begin with? Hate to see you buy a transmitter and still not have it work. Doesn't the person that gave it to you know what it is?.
No, I traded two old 2 way radios for it from a guy that owns a thrift store. He said that's how he got it, just the drone and the battery. Speaking of battery, when I connect it to the drone the lights come on.

No, I traded two old 2 way radios for it from a guy that owns a thrift store. He said that's how he got it, just the drone and the battery. Speaking of battery, when I connect it to the drone the lights come on.
I believe it's an older model than mine. The V2 doesn't make much sense. The latest model of the P1 is 1.1.1. The first Phantoms didn't have screw on props. They also only had one antenna coming down one leg. One leg has a little box thing..thats the compass. I'm sure the first phantoms were all 2.4 gh. In 2014 some came out using 5.8 gh but I don't think many. It may have been a Fc40 without camera but was still called a P1. You're supposed to turn tx on first and then the bird. The led on the back will start flashing and it should make a startup sound. With no tx you'll never get the proper lights because it doesn't see a tx signal.

I believe it's an older model than mine. The V2 doesn't make much sense. The latest model of the P1 is 1.1.1. The first Phantoms didn't have screw on props. They also only had one antenna coming down one leg. One leg has a little box thing..thats the compass. I'm sure the first phantoms were all 2.4 gh. In 2014 some came out using 5.8 gh but I don't think many. It may have been a Fc40 without camera but was still called a P1. You're supposed to turn tx on first and then the bird. The led on the back will start flashing and it should make a startup sound. With no tx you'll never get the proper lights because it doesn't see a tx signal.
Right I understand. I also took the props off just incase they started spinning, especially me not knowing what to expect. The drone does have the self tightening props on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj