Hobby Grade Charger for DJI

Reaction score
Finally! A hobby grade multicharger from a reputable company for our Phantom batteries that won't break the bank. Looks like about $200. I'm in!

3475a3986706ad985aba58bcb27697fc.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hobby King getting $229. Tower $215 (For info only)

Last edited:
Now THIS looks interesting.

The manufacturer states:

"Power four to fly your DJI
The Phantom X4 Charger is a four-channel battery charger designed and built exclusively for DJI PhantomTM 3 and DJI PhantomTM 4 Smart Batteries. This charger is capable of charging, storing and deep cycling four DJITM smart batteries simultaneously. Two smart devices can be charged via USB ports and two remote controllers can be charged at the same time."

What I like is it pushes 100W(x4) so you're getting the FAST charge rate that the P3Pro charger delivers. SWEET!!

SPECIFICATIONS Input Voltage: AC 100-240V
Charge Power: 100Wx4
Charge Current: 6.0A
USB Output: 5V/2.1A x 2
DC Output: 19V/2A x 2
Dimensions: 10 x 5.6 x 7.1" (255 x 142 x 180mm)
Weight: 7.1lbs (3.22kg)

INCLUDES Hitec Phantom X4 Smart Battery Charger
AC Power Cord
Micro B Type USB Charge Cable
Two Remote Controller Charging Cables
Instruction Manual

From the beginning of when I even started researching getting a Phantom, I couldn't believe that a major manufacturer hadn't released a charging solution. So glad Hitec stepped up, and the specs / price are awesome. I can't see anybody with more than 1 battery not having one.

I can't see anybody with more than 1 battery not having one.

Well, here I am.

I have enough batteries to fill that thing and I'm not impatient enough to spend $200+ just to charge my batteries simultaneously.

Reactions: Extra330
I've got the "Blue Box" 3x battery and Tx charger (less than $75) and love it. With that being said, I've almost ordered this HiTec unit solely for the "Cycle" feature. I spent 2 hours last night methodically running my 11 batteries down to "Critical Low" levels for my "cycle routine".

I've got the "Blue Box" 3x battery and Tx charger (less than $75) and love it. With that being said, I've almost ordered this HiTec unit solely for the "Cycle" feature. I spent 2 hours last night methodically running my 11 batteries down to "Critical Low" levels for my "cycle routine".
Absolutely. I've been flying fixed wing for many years, and this feature is a must for my LiPo collection.

Reactions: BigAl07
A word of warning about this charger: it is advertised as charging Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 batteries, but that's not really accurate. P4 batteries do not fit in the charging slots and it requires four "optional" cable adapters to be purchased separately - one for each slot. An these adapter cables are not even currently available, apparently. Blatant product misrepresentation, in my opinion.

A word of warning about this charger: it is advertised as charging Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 batteries, but that's not really accurate. P4 batteries do not fit in the charging slots and it requires four "optional" cable adapters to be purchased separately - one for each slot. An these adapter cables are not even currently available, apparently. Blatant product misrepresentation, in my opinion.
Nice catch. I totally missed this in the fine print. I have an email fired off to Hitec USA support to inquire about this nonsense! I looked high and low for the adapter, and nowhere is it even mentioned on any retailers product pages. I'll report back here when I hear from them.

3f1368f29b68c395db953f0a2be96075.jpg

Nice catch. I totally missed this in the fine print. I have an email fired off to Hitec USA support to inquire about this nonsense! I looked high and low for the adapter, and nowhere is it even mentioned on any retailers product pages. I'll report back here when I hear from them.

3f1368f29b68c395db953f0a2be96075.jpg

I'll be interested to hear what they say. I was not impressed when mine arrived and was obviously useless. The retailer I purchased it from was equally surprised, both that it is not designed to charge P4 batteries and by the absence of any availability of the adapter cables, even for purchase. They are pursuing that question, but have agreed that it was sold with false advertising.

Here's the box. The front clearly indicates that it charges P3 and P4 batteries. The back mentions the "separately sold adaptor", but not that you need four of them and not that they are not actually available.

fullsizeoutput_8a9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8ab.jpeg

That's pretty crappy.

sar104 are you looking to possibly sell yours?

I too feel $200 is a bit rich with the only benefit over the blue box is to do a cycle charge or bring it to storage charge. The need to do a full cycle is not very often and the batteries themselves can bring down the charge to storage level.

That's pretty crappy.

sar104 are you looking to possibly sell yours?

The retailer I bought it from is looking into the issue - he said that he would obviously take it back at no charge, but asked if I could give him a couple of days to talk to Hitec and see what they have to say about the situation. He agreed that it was clearly false advertising. I told him to go ahead, since it does look like a good unit and I wanted the fast charge / power cycle capability. I guess I can live with adaptors if they are supplied free or at minimal cost.

But most likely it's not going to work with the P4 any time soon and/or without significant extra cost and so will be no use to me, but you are probably better off getting it new, with free shipping, warranty etc., directly from one of the retailers.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks sar104 :)

I too feel $200 is a bit rich with the only benefit over the blue box is to do a cycle charge or bring it to storage charge. The need to do a full cycle is not very often and the batteries themselves can bring down the charge to storage level.

The real additional benefit, I think, is that it will fast charge or cycle four batteries at the same time. That's significant for me if I want all my batteries up to full charge at short notice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan