Hobby Grade Charger for DJI

I'm trying to NOT buy it but the more I look the more tempted I am LOL!

*Back away from the keyboard Allen... slowly back away...*

703b473c5d6d458754138cf0e220a49e.jpg

Not good enough sir. I replied with my thoughts on the matter, and doubt I will receive any further response.

Not good enough sir. I replied with my thoughts on the matter, and doubt I will receive any further response.

Thanks for sharing that. I agree. I called Hitec this morning and the person I spoke to seemed unfamiliar with the product and unaware of the problem. He said he would find out and call back.

Thanks for sharing that. I agree. I called Hitec this morning and the person I spoke to seemed unfamiliar with the product and unaware of the problem. He said he would find out and call back.
You're welcome. If they respond back with any sort of definitive ship date other than "sometime", I'll post it here.
My hope is that they are starting to get enough calls about this that someone with authority notices. The only smart thing for them to do is to provide the adapters gratis for those that purchased this prior to them becoming available.

You're welcome. If they respond back with any sort of definitive ship date other than "sometime", I'll post it here.

I just spoke with Hitec again. They agreed that the advertising has been misleading and, I'm told, are going to fix that. The adapters will, they say, cost no more than $5 each, but they don't have them yet, as they told you. Soon, they hope. That would not be completely unreasonable had it been advertised that way originally. They apparently have just one pre-production adapter and are sending it to me today. I'll see how it works.

Reactions: Extra330
I just spoke with Hitec again. They agreed that the advertising has been misleading and, I'm told, are going to fix that. The adapters will, they say, cost no more than $5 each, but they don't have them yet, as they told you. Soon, they hope. That would not be completely unreasonable had it been advertised that way originally. They apparently have just one pre-production adapter and are sending it to me today. I'll see how it works.
Agreed. Thanks for following up on the phone with them.

Definitely a good find. Looks like everybody is coming to market at the same time. Much rather have that than the adapter solution.

I've been testing the Venom Pro and the Hitec (with an adaptor for P4 batteries) side by side. The Hitec seems sturdier and the voltage display is nice. Other than that they seem to be similar in capability. They are not as smart as the DJI chargers - you have to turn on the batteries before inserting them into the chargers.

I've been testing the Venom Pro and the Hitec (with an adaptor for P4 batteries) side by side. The Hitec seems sturdier and the voltage display is nice. Other than that they seem to be similar in capability. They are not as smart as the DJI chargers - you have to turn on the batteries before inserting them into the chargers.
Excellent info. Are you seeing charge times on par with the DJI charger?

Approximately, but I'm running the batteries down now to do a three-way side by side charge. I'll report back.

Very interesting information.

I've decided to not invest in this unit. I was SO tempted but I really need to change platforms and need fewer things to sell not more LOL :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus