Hi guys, just bought a P4P & need antenna info..

Well, a planned one way flight, with someone at the other end, doubles your coverage distance, if the control range doesn't initiate a RTH from signal loss, in which case it could spell disaster, as it won't make it back home if it has flown more than 50% of the maximum flight time, when it triggers RTH, and then you'll need to put it down somewhere safely and discretely, and drive to recover it, before someone else finds it and "removes" it! :eek:

Yes which is why a one way trip would require good planning, you actually gave me an idea to test range extenders max potential

What if (I'm thinking out aloud) you were to use litchi and set a one way long trip to a certain destination where you would have a spotter, then proceeded to send it out on the mission, now you could just monitor the screen until you loose signal and record that distance, and your drone will continue on its mission, then do the same with another range extender but setting it as missions on litchi it would continue if signal was lost so you wouldn't have the problem or it trying to rth or rth land as long as the final distance was within battery distance one way but you could just set a 20 min mission in a line with a few waypoints? Hmm this got me thinking that would be the ultimate range test because you don't need to worry about coming home, or losing signal and have it land somewhere you don't want it to? Thoughts?

Yes which is why a one way trip would require good planning, you actually gave me an idea to test range extenders max potential

What if (I'm thinking out aloud) you were to use litchi and set a one way long trip to a certain destination where you would have a spotter, then proceeded to send it out on the mission, now you could just monitor the screen until you loose signal and record that distance, and your drone will continue on its mission, then do the same with another range extender but setting it as missions on litchi it would continue if signal was lost so you wouldn't have the problem or it trying to rth or rth land as long as the final distance was within battery distance one way but you could just set a 20 min mission in a line with a few waypoints? Hmm this got me thinking that would be the ultimate range test because you don't need to worry about coming home, or losing signal and have it land somewhere you don't want it to? Thoughts?
Indeed, a Litchi mission where the mission continues with lost signal (LSMC) would protect against the RTH disaster at under 50% remaining battery. You would then take a screenshot of the lost signal distance on the screen to see how far away signal or video was lost. Just set your mission up within the flight time of your battery under a worst case scenario, to make sure the mission can be completed, after signal is lost, to ensure recovery at the destination.

Indeed, a Litchi mission where the mission continues with lost signal (LSMC) would protect against the RTH disaster at under 50% remaining battery. You would then take a screenshot of the lost signal distance on the screen to see how far away signal or video was lost. Just set your mission up within the flight time of your battery under a worst case scenario, to make sure the mission can be completed, after signal is lost, to ensure recovery at the destination.

Do you think it's a good idea? I vote you to test it [emoji41][emoji41][emoji851][emoji851][emoji851][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Do you think it's a good idea? I vote you to test it [emoji41][emoji41][emoji851][emoji851][emoji851][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]
I can actually test the stock range beyond 4.3 miles with GO 4 as my total distance exceeds 55,000 feet, but I would need to change my default RTH height from 250m (I like to climb nearby hills that are slightly lower than that from my launch point) to something like 50m, as, otherwise, the additional 200m climb, out of control range, would kill the battery without any RTH progress, as it would need to descend, too, once it got back within control range. I had better let you test it! :p Besides, yours will go farther! :cool:

I can actually test the stock range beyond 4.3 miles with GO 4 as my total distance exceeds 55,000 feet, but I would need to change my default RTH height from 250m (I like to climb nearby hills that are slightly lower than that from my launch point) to something like 50m, as, otherwise, the additional 200m climb, out of control range, would kill the battery without any RTH progress, as it would need to descend, too, once it got back within control range. I had better let you test it! :p Besides, yours will go farther! :cool:

lol The trickery is real!!!

Nah I don't think I'd be comfortable trying it out to be honest and where I am my open long range flights are over water as I'm near the coast[emoji33][emoji851][emoji851], let see if we can get a volunteer?

lol The trickery is real!!!

Nah I don't think I'd be comfortable trying it out to be honest and where I am my open long range flights are over water as I'm near the coast[emoji33][emoji851][emoji851], let see if we can get a volunteer?
Same here! We need a speed boat chase crew! Volunteers are good! How will we get them to buy the Conquer though? ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga