Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PhantomFish, Apr 19, 2016.

1. PhantomFish

I first got interested in drones when I was shown FPV racing. I decided to purchase a cheap drone first and verify that this was something that I was going to like doing as a hobby. After crashing the drone over and over and over again, I finally got the hang of flying. I started pricing out the exact FPV racer that I wanted and realized that if I were to drop the required cash to get a decent racing drone I would be in the hole for at least $500-$600. I know that if I were to get it, I would instantly drive it into a tree at 65mph and watch it completely disintegrate on the first flight. With that, I was drawn to the drones for aerial photography and subsequently stumbled across DJI Phantoms. I loved the feature richness of them as well as all the built-in protective measures. They're RTF but yet there are still lots of 3rd party mods available. I definitely made the right choice!

So with that said... Hi, I'm PhantomFish. Was glad to find this forum since the G+ and FB drone communities are kinda dead. I have a Phantom 3 Adv. and have created a YT channel with some flight movies and some product reviews (range boosting antennas, sunshade, case, channel unlocks, that sort of thing). I'll be adding some other videos on a fairly regular basis since I'm having so much fun with this thing. Feel free to check it out.

Phantom Fish