Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE HELP

a few days ago after successful flights I took Phantom 2 Vision to a new location. Right away when everything booted up my screen said to recalibrate compass, I did. I lifted off and it was very difficult to control. Yes there was a slight breeze but nothing the Phantom should not have been able to handle as in the past. Well, it was all over and basically I lost control of it and it hit a chain link fence. Broke my Dronexpert gimbal and a couple of props. Im trying to figure out what went wrong. Again, it became uncontrollable and it appeared it was fighting with itself to maintain control. Since then I have upgraded all firmware. Upgraded the transmitter firmware. I have calibrated the transmitter, tighten all screws and props, calibrated the compass at lease 5 times in an open field. AND it still too hard to control. I have been at the park 3 different times today and no matter what I have done it is still behaving the same. The only additions I have made to this phantom is installed the dronexpert gimbal and 7 channel on back of transmitter. WHAT AM I MISSING. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you. Ralph.

So I fried my motors by taking off the prop guards and using the same screws, so I bought the t motor anti gravity motors and installed them. I installed them as the diagram said, and used the original 1.1.1 self tightening props on them and the thrust was making the phantom push downward, so i switched the wires on the motors and now it take off but immediately starts doing the toilet bowl effect. What would the problem be? The compass has not changed locations, i re calibrate it many times. Is it the props? although i dont see why they would work on stock motors and not these.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to change the settings on the Phantom 2 Vision camera gimbel? I hate the way it is always pointing down so far.
When I move the gimbel it resets itself when flying to the middle position. Can I reset the center position to a higher one?

Thanks

Hello All
Just registered on this forum. My first post.
I Have been given what I think is a Phantom 1. (old style Transmitter board). Of course it dose't fly. The transmiter antenna is broken off. The receiver antenna is also missing. My first question is; Are replacement parts available? 2nd. Is there an upgrade for the transmitter and receiver rather than trying to repair them.
I have some limited experence with RC airplanes.
Thank's for any help.

Remote control update

Using an iMac, the Vision assistant software would not recognize the controller, and when I tried it on a PC laptop, it still wouldn't recognize it with the connection indicator lights. It was connected properly with a mini USB. Any ideas?

DJ6 Transmitter Batteries

I just received my DJI 1 version 1.1.1

Before I install the transmitter batteries I was wondering if there are any
that can damage the controller? I was going to use eneloop
rechargeable ( 1.2v Min. 1900mAh ). Are Energizer Lithium
batteries ok also?? Thank You

trying to register, where is the 32 digit sn? when i go on the ***. software it says i need to upgrade to 4.02 for the naza v2.but when i hit the upgrade tab it says no upgrades available.

did all the calibrations .my compass mod is 2179 is that a problem? when i lift off she takes off leaning way forward. and when i put my gopro on its way worse

I have a phantom vision 2 and experiencing a 15 second delay in my video on the I phone app. I made sure the range extender was fully charged but still the delay. Can anyone help on this. Never had the issue before. Thanks a lot.

djchuck1919 said:
Is there a way to change the settings on the Phantom 2 Vision camera gimbel? I hate the way it is always pointing down so far.
When I move the gimbel it resets itself when flying to the middle position. Can I reset the center position to a higher one?

Thanks

You can try adjusting the settings for the gimbal in the DJI Phantom application for the PC or MAC.

Adam said:
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....
I can't figure out why my altitude is wrong on my iPad what do I need to do to calibrate. I'm at 1000 ft it says 300ft

I just bought the FC40. I got it set up, powered on the remote, then connected the battery. The lights are not cycling through calibration as indicated in the manual. Instead, they cycle through "red, red, red, green". I left if for a few minutes with no change. What am I missing here?

Note that I am attempting a first flight in an apartment in a big city; is that the issue? Was hoping to test it out a foot off the ground indoors before taking into the field.

Tokfly said:
I just bought the FC40. I got it set up, powered on the remote, then connected the battery. The lights are not cycling through calibration as indicated in the manual. Instead, they cycle through "red, red, red, green". I left if for a few minutes with no change. What am I missing here?

Note that I am attempting a first flight in an apartment in a big city; is that the issue? Was hoping to test it out a foot off the ground indoors before taking into the field.

I would guess you are not connecting to enough satellites inside the apartment to get a lock...

bernardb said:
Tokfly said:

I would guess you are not connecting to enough satellites inside the apartment to get a lock...

+1

The "red-red-red-green" sequence indicates you have <5 satellites locked for GPS.

red-red-green = 5 sats locked
red-green = 6 sats locked
green only = >6 sats locked

file format error

We just got the Phantom 2 vision. Did the firmware install for the camera. We filmed but when we took the Micro SD Card to the computer it gave us a "File Format Error" - thus we cannot see what was filmed. Any insight?? Thanks

Re: file format error

HorseshoeProductions said:
We just got the Phantom 2 vision. Did the firmware install for the camera. We filmed but when we took the Micro SD Card to the computer it gave us a "File Format Error" - thus we cannot see what was filmed. Any insight?? Thanks

Generally this is due to not stopping the recording before shutting down the Phantom.

GPS gone to waste

Hello, im new here to this forum and i really need help big time. 

My Phantom suffered a terrible crash to the point where i needed to replace the shell, it flew pretty fast into a fence due to the fact that i didn't have prop guards and i accidentally flew it too close to a wall. After i replaced the shell the GPS function seems to make the phantom fly erratically and all awkward. its goes in circles and spins around, and when i tried to test the go home feature it tried to fly to “Arabia” or something. My question is how do i get everything to default factory settings, ive tried replacing the compass itself but im now thinking it may be the GPS module itself (Thats a $145 fix). I dont care about prices cause i can handle that i just need advice what to do really. Please help and thanks again!

I crashed my Phantom 2 because I didn't calibrate often enough. It looks fine, nothing broken. Just dirty props. But now it only slowly blinks yellow. If I turn off the remote controller it will blink yellow fast. The motors turn fine when I almost take off. I don't fly it because I want to calibrate.
I connected it to my Mac after I downloaded the Nazam app but it does nothing. Help?

iCynanide said:
Hello, im new here to this forum and i really need help big time. 

My Phantom suffered a terrible crash to the point where i needed to replace the shell, it flew pretty fast into a fence due to the fact that i didn't have prop guards and i accidentally flew it too close to a wall. After i replaced the shell the GPS function seems to make the phantom fly erratically and all awkward. its goes in circles and spins around, and when i tried to test the go home feature it tried to fly to “Arabia” or something. My question is how do i get everything to default factory settings, ive tried replacing the compass itself but im now thinking it may be the GPS module itself (Thats a $145 fix). I dont care about prices cause i can handle that i just need advice what to do really. Please help and thanks again!

Have you calibrated your compass or checked the values in the assistant software? The problem could indeed be a broken GPS module or antenna, but start by checking the compass first.

To check the GPS module and antenna you'll have to open the Phantom and unscrew them from inside the lid. The antenna is the small square unit by itself on the top side of the board...check that carefully for cracks.

JPSLV said:
I crashed my Phantom 2 because I didn't calibrate often enough. It looks fine, nothing broken. Just dirty props. But now it only slowly blinks yellow. If I turn off the remote controller it will blink yellow fast. The motors turn fine when I almost take off. I don't fly it because I want to calibrate.
I connected it to my Mac after I downloaded the Nazam app but it does nothing. Help?

The slow yellow blinking probably indicates it's not getting GPS signal. That could be caused by a wire that was knocked loose in the crash, or it could be a damaged GPS unit as I explained above.

JPSLV said:

The slow yellow blinking probably indicates it's not getting GPS signal. That could be caused by a wire that was knocked loose in the crash, or it could be a damaged GPS unit as I explained above.[/quote]

I opened the shell. The GPS module in the top shell has a wire connected to the lower shell. Well.... it didn't seem to be connected. It comes off very easily. Too easily. Anyway, now I have the green lights but I still can't do a calibration: I move up and down 50 times the upper right toggle but nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT