Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having problem turning on IOC with assistant software. Can do everything else i.e. calibrate, switch to NAZA-M... Have update software in Phantom and controller. When I go to "advanced" then "IOC" tab, I check the IOC box but when I operate S2 nothing changes showing I'm switching between OFF - HOME LOCK - COURSE LOCK. If I leave that screen and then return to "Advanced" the IOC box is no longer checked. Called DJI but they couldn't figure it out.

Re: Help Forum - Controller Problems

Hi there.......... I wondered if somebody could help?!

Ref: DJI Phantom 2 Vision + (Controller)

I plugged the controller in the other day to my computer via the Micro-USB cable to check calibration levels but at the same time went to update the firmware, when I pressed to 'update' the controller switched off and no longer turns back on. I put new batteries in to see if that was the reason but it wasn't. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it is? Because at the minute my controller doesn't even switch on and is defunct!!!
Tried contacting DJI but the after sales is atrocious in my eyes.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Alex

Which version controller do you have? I believe there was an issue that caused the battery indicator lights to not work correctly. It was a software issue. It was with the new style with the scroll wheel.

dave1111 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Having problem turning on IOC with assistant software. Can do everything else i.e. calibrate, switch to NAZA-M... Have update software in Phantom and controller. When I go to "advanced" then "IOC" tab, I check the IOC box but when I operate S2 nothing changes showing I'm switching between OFF - HOME LOCK - COURSE LOCK. If I leave that screen and then return to "Advanced" the IOC box is no longer checked. Called DJI but they couldn't figure it out.

when you are in assistant do you hit enter to register your changes

Hey everyone!
I'm new here and am coming here as something of a last-ditch effort.

I am a videographer at an RV dealership in western NY (Colton RV). When I got this position, I 'inherited' a DJI Phantom 1.
It worked for 3 shows and I had very little problems with it. I broke a couple props so my boss got some nice carbon fiber props and the guards. I tested it out and the flight was beautiful.

And then when I went to fly it at a HUGE show, it just tipped sideways.
I inspected it, re-calibrated the copter & remote, and now... well, lets just say I was unsuccessful.
So I didn't mess with it for a while. But I've been told to see if I can get it working again, and I'm really trying. I've probably spend almost 10 hours trying to fix this thing.

- I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Nazam program.
- I did a software update for the 'copter.
- The 'copter and the remote were disconnected, so I re-synced those.
- I did the little dance to recalibrate the compass, and I got the yellow-redredred lights 5 times, doing it from different places.
- I thought maybe I was using a magnetic screwdriver, so I used a magnet to try and scramble the GPS thing on the 'copter's landing gear. Tried 3x. Didn't work.
- I read a bunch of stuff trying to figure out how to make it work without the GPS working, just so i can get the shots i need. I'm not do acrobatics with the thing so the GPS isn't necessary. But I couldn't find anything that would skip that step or a workaround.
- I re-opened the case, followed the cables to see if maybe the antenna was messed up. It doesn't have any visual damage so I don't know if there's any reason to replace it.

I'm at a loss as to what to do here.
At this point, I'm just going to disconnect everything and reconnect it all, cleaning out all the spaces, etc.
I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

The thing in the landing gear is the magnetic compass. The GPS is in the top shell.
What model Phantom?

I have a phantom 2 vision +. About a total of 20 flights. Yesterday I sucessfully had several good flights and on the last flight the phantom landed and tipped over backwards on the landing which was very gentle. It remained in that position until I disarmed the motors to stand it upright again. This took about 30 seconds. Was flying in GPS mode as a Phantom. Did not power the battery down and reboot. Rearmed the motors and advanced the throttle to lift off to about 4 feet. At that point the quad pitched back to about a 30 degrees and took off on its own at full throttle, arched over the roof of the house and at that point all I could do was pull back the whole way on the throttle since it was disappearing from view over the top of the house. The Phantom ended up stuck into the mud in the backyard with two broken propellers and the camera ripped right out of the gimbal. Took the quad inside and removed the gimbal, cleaned it up, reinstalled new propellers and flew it inside the house. Quad responds perfectly to the controls. Now I am stuck with a damaged gimbal and unknown damage to the camera. Can anyone shed some light on what might have happened? The quad flew perfectly before this incident!

stanpisarski said:
I have a phantom 2 vision +. About a total of 20 flights. Yesterday I sucessfully had several good flights and on the last flight the phantom landed and tipped over backwards on the landing which was very gentle. It remained in that position until I disarmed the motors to stand it upright again. This took about 30 seconds. Was flying in GPS mode as a Phantom. Did not power the battery down and reboot. Rearmed the motors and advanced the throttle to lift off to about 4 feet. At that point the quad pitched back to about a 30 degrees and took off on its own at full throttle, arched over the roof of the house and at that point all I could do was pull back the whole way on the throttle since it was disappearing from view over the top of the house. The Phantom ended up stuck into the mud in the backyard with two broken propellers and the camera ripped right out of the gimbal. Took the quad inside and removed the gimbal, cleaned it up, reinstalled new propellers and flew it inside the house. Quad responds perfectly to the controls. Now I am stuck with a damaged gimbal and unknown damage to the camera. Can anyone shed some light on what might have happened? The quad flew perfectly before this incident!

Welcome to the forum stanpisarski,

If I were you, I would think up a descriptive title and start your own thread, either here in Help, or the P2 Vision+ section.
This thread isn't the best place to find help. ;)

Good Luck,

No the left stick is the throttle and it is supposed to be centered in the middle of its travel.

Hi,

Help & advice needed please.

One of the motors on my new P2 stopped working properly without any obvious cause, the motor just judders when switched on. This became evident after I had fitted a new plug & play transmitter cable & new ImmersionRC transmitter. First I was advised the motor had failed, so I bought a new one, which behaved exactly the same. I was then advised the ESC may have failed, so I ordered a new V2.1 ESC. Fitting both the new ESC & motor did not solve the problem, the motor behaved in just the same way, I even fitted the old motor, which was the same.

I'm stuck now, can anyone suggest what may be causing this problem please?

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers