Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
johneb said:
Howdy, I'm a little backwards here please bare with me !!!!!
Have a Q's When everybody says rotate compass on the DJI Phantom, does this mean rotate the compass on the leg ? I have or my phantom does the Toilet Bowl Effect......... If I understand mostly everyone procedures, move it, do the cali dance, then do a software calibration for the IMU's. Is this correct ????
My Phantom used to hold posistion ( Dead-Nuts) but after four or so mishap crashes she spin circles (TBE) Works very well in ATT> mode, so it's my compass right ? any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

What I found is best when having a problem - connect the controller and Phantom to the computer, make it go to factory settings. Then Calibrate with advanced setting even if it says you don't need it. Then take it outside and do the compass calibrations. I am assuming you know how to get in that mode. I usually get in the mode, hold the copter level and turn it 360 degrees until light reacts. Then hold the nose down toward ground and rotate again until sets. Then it should work great again.

Nice and simple, I'll give it a go !!! and let Ya know how she does !!! :D I thank you for your efforts !!!

to hi8diver,
Dude-man you hit it spot on !!!! she flys straight, level, and holds like never before. I'm back fly'n :D awsum !!!! can't thank you enough......if ur ever in the area, I'll buy Ya a beer or twenty !!!! NICE !!! Cheers.... Johneb

Hi when I land even if I am really care full my pv2 tips over.. not to bad on grass but a couple of times its been on concrete.....2 blades down already ..

Any tips ?

I tried to update the firmware on my controller and on the P2V, but each time I connected either to my computer (iMac) I would get a warning on the computer to disconnect the USB devise that is requiring too much power. I have never seen this before and I do not understand. Will someone please lay out the proper steps for running the updates? Connect the. Turn on or turn on then connect. Do you update the controller before copter or does it matter?... I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hello, I just unboxed my new vision. I'm trying to get setup and the app is not available in the App Store or iTunes. I search DJI Vision in both. Thanks for any help with this.

PETELEEUK said:
Hi when I land even if I am really care full my pv2 tips over.. not to bad on grass but a couple of times its been on concrete.....2 blades down already ..

Any tips ?

YES! Do NOT execute any CSC upon landing. Just settle the bird in and once on the ground, take your hands off the controller. In 3 seconds time the motors/props will stop turning. Common newbie mistake.

PF

I just purchased a phantom. It was used in great condition with every bell and whistle you can get for it. I'm new at it but it seems it wants to start to lean over to one side if I take off slow. It is windy today but I dont recall my friends acting the same way. If I take it up faster doesnt seem to list to one side. Is this normal or is there a problem. Should I recalibrate or ????? Thanks

If you are taking off with add-ons that shift the center of gravity forward, backwards, or to to one side, you would do well to establish that new CG location and input the information into the NAZA Assistant so that the flight computer knows where the CG is in relation to the gyros. If not accounted for, you will experience that tilt initially. Once the bird is in the air, the computer will adjust the prop speeds to keep the craft level and the "problem" seems to go away. It hasn't...it's just disguised by the intelligent circuitry and gyro feedback.

Do yourself AND your Phantom a favor and figure out where the CG is, and give it the info it needs to do its calculations. You will know when you got it right as soon as you experience a butter-smooth take-off, which all Phantoms are perfectly capable of doing.

PF

Thanks for the info. Sucks being new at things as I'm ADD-WXYZ and I always make everything perfect. I will figure it out. I had a couple more flights today. It seemed to drift a little bit but was able to keep it under control. Learning and will post if any other problems arise. Thank you
PhantomFan said:
If you are taking off with add-ons that shift the center of gravity forward, backwards, or to to one side, you would do well to establish that new CG location and input the information into the NAZA Assistant so that the flight computer knows where the CG is in relation to the gyros. If not accounted for, you will experience that tilt initially. Once the bird is in the air, the computer will adjust the prop speeds to keep the craft level and the "problem" seems to go away. It hasn't...it's just disguised by the intelligent circuitry and gyro feedback.

Do yourself AND your Phantom a favor and figure out where the CG is, and give it the info it needs to do its calculations. You will know when you got it right as soon as you experience a butter-smooth take-off, which all Phantoms are perfectly capable of doing.

PF

Adam said:
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....

desculpem la ,sou novo nisto , estou interessado em comprar um dji phantom , onde posso comprar online ? ja agora podiam me ajudar no modelo , nao me queria alongar muito no preço , por 500€ ja compro uma coisa de jeito ?
cumprimentos

The dji global have to make 2 things...

First a vídeo for the people that want to change from cam visio to gimbal zenmuse and go pro...just in case the vision cam turns off.

Second make a vision cam gimbal....

Can anyone help on this topics ?

New to this but have a question. If I take off on a cliff and fly down say 150 feet lower than the take off elevation and exceed the remote range causing it to go into the Going Home mode, does it go up 66 feet higher than the take off elevation to return or 66 feet higher than the elevation it was at when I lost remote contact. Thanks.

On the assumption you have enough battery power to ascend to that height. If the bird needs to "Go Home" late in the flight... oh well. Phantoms have been lost that way!

PF

Problem switching from CE to FCC mode

I just received my new P2V and have flown it once. Way cool! I have watched most of the How To videos. I am having problems switching from CE to FCC mode. I am using the provided flathead screw driver and inserting into the bottom adjustment hole on the back of the controller. It seems to be turning the adjustment screw (clockwise) but it never comes to a stop. Per the video, when you turn on the controller you should get one beep for CE and two for FCC. I only get one beep. Anyone else have this issue?

Mexicano said:
Hi, congratulations for this site.

I´m from México City, am new in RC and in multirotors of course.

Have a Phantom and in the first flights I notice it goes a little to the right when in hover, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Looks like you've waited a few days for answers. Try going to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5128

They discuss the drifting problem a lot - it could be compass alignment - which you can probably fix by just calibrating the compass.

ladykate said:
Mexicano said:
Hi, congratulations for this site.

I´m from México City, am new in RC and in multirotors of course.

Have a Phantom and in the first flights I notice it goes a little to the right when in hover, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Looks like you've waited a few days for answers. Try going to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5128

They discuss the drifting problem a lot - it could be compass alignment - which you can probably fix by just calibrating the compass.

I'd reckon if it spins = compass recalibration
if it drifts = gyroscope (IMU) recalibration

Maybe check if the IMU (NAZA) is seated correctly inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie