Hello, bit of help needed.

300 to 100...I have not gotten 100 on a single battery either, but that is only due to having 4-5 total batteries that I would use in a sequence and not the same one over and over. I do know for a fact I use to pay a lot less for dji batteries that lasted longer in every way.

If you think about it, the way they have used the battery settings...overall the smart battery has been a joke. It has been anything but a smart battery. What is the point of forcing the users into a battery that cost more and performs less? If you observe the history this battery, it has been an all around let down to the P3. A should be state-of-art battery and it has done nothing but make the P3 a lesser unit. It's unfortunate, but this is fact. The performance was just reduced again for the 2nd time. This time in firmware 1.9.6.

What's your thoughts on these batteries?

They $u€k.

The proprietary battery is for profit but required for safety.
A LiPo for the Everyman not just the enthusiast.

To charge and use all you need is a power source. No programmable charger, no external balancer, no monitors/alarms... no knowledge.

Hello Guys,
No, my craft does not work with any of my iOS devices? Not sure why?
( I did however order a new ( shorter ) iOS cable, to see once and for all, answer the question ( outdated device/cable failure ? ) just for my own knowledge mostly!

Got it working on my son's HTC Desire 626 ( android ) just for testing, and learning.

View attachment 63771

Also getting a warning when app opens ( RC signal extremely weak, fly with caution )? Maybe the 2 are linked to something weird with Tx, was going to try calibrating the Tx , to see if it goes away?

J Dot
:cool:

The reference to "RC signal extremely weak, fly with caution" probably says something more like..... "Strong Interference, please use caution in long distance flights".

Either way I have had this show in my app menu since day 3. Since the 1st time of noticing it, I have spent a good deal of time trying find someone else with the same issue and finally did. We figure out that what is going on with this error message it related to a weak signal with a router channel.

Reactions: J Dot
Yes,
That sounds more like it ( not sure about the Long distance part though? )
But the interferance 100%
( my son took his phone back as I took the warning screenshot with my iPhone, before I could write down exact wording, lol, but you are DEFINATELY correct!:)

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Here is an alternative route
Without jailbreak!
( hey look I get to help for a change! )

J Dot

Jerry, that's super awesome right there. But not to hurt your feelings but if it's not related to a P3, it won't mean much to those here. I do have a list of things you can work on should you get the time. And if you accomplish any of them, I promise you will be looked at as if you were Elvis Presley.

Yes,
That sounds more like it ( not sure about the Long distance part though? )
But the interferance 100%
( my son took his phone back as I took the warning screenshot with my iPhone, before I could write down exact wording, lol, but you are DEFINATELY correct!:)

J Dot

I forgot to mention that not one time has there been any type of issue come about when that message has displayed. In other words you can ignore it.

Lol
Works on iOS DJI go app as well, ANY ITUNES APP for that matter, but I've not researched android reversion!

J Dot

Yes,
I have some other requests for me to attempt as well, would be happy to research for/with you! Main reason I moved into p3 other than good buy!

They $u€k.

The proprietary battery is for profit but required for safety.
A LiPo for the Everyman not just the enthusiast.

To charge and use all you need is a power source. No programmable charger, no external balancer, no monitors/alarms... no knowledge.

I think if we posted a thread on the forums at dji.com about the battery subject, and if a large amount continued to chime in and support the effort, we might get some changes put in motion. I also have another way to go about it that may get quicker results if needed.

Lol
Works on iOS DJI go app as well, ANY ITUNES APP for that matter, but I've not researched android reversion!

J Dot

Yes,
I have some other requests for me to attempt as well, would be happy to research for/with you! Main reason I moved into p3 other than good buy!

Most all of the GO app versions apk are fairly available throughout the internet. Basically any version you want in a matter of seconds. But now there are some things that are not easy to access that could clearly use your talent.

J Dot, did you try the usb R/C firmware yet I mentioned earlier today?

Also, do you have your windows covered yet? Btw, you know we'll want to see some of that destruction from having your aircraft in the air.

Btw J Dot, did I tell you that you have to connect to the internet and login before hand. Not talking about the R/C firmaware, but more so with being able to connect with your other devices. I think I did, but just reminding you again.

One of the joys about Android, you can load whichever app vr. you want :)

Didn't know u could revert back using IOS.
Here is an alternative route
Without jailbreak!
( hey look I get to help for a change! )

J Dot
itunes? Weeeee
Like I said, yes. If you need to revert. I don't.

By the way, I also unjailbroke my iPad3. ;-)

Soooo, I'm shackled once again...

RedHotPoker

Yes
Tried the USB firmware, with no luck, but now that app is up, I should be able to adjust if need be, yes got signed in that all is good, problem I have now, is weather, it is POURING DOWN HERE, so I cannot calibrate compass yet, then I'll tackle the firmware warning issue! But borrowing a 16yr olds phone is like the END OF THE WORLD! But at least I know I DOES work, just need to tinker around a bit from here, get everything looking good, then go have fun!
Storm
Is going to make landfall north of me, like Tallahassee/Gainesville area, possible even more north? They keep changing its path every few hours! so for all we know, Australia better bunker down! Lol
We just getting tons of rain, and winds! But some really sweet lightning across the sky, when clouds are clear, but most are behind the clouds, but still cool!

Will DEFINATELY keep you all updated!

J Dot

Yes
Tried the USB firmware, with no luck, but now that app is up, I should be able to adjust if need be, yes got signed in that all is good, problem I have now, is weather, it is POURING DOWN HERE, so I cannot calibrate compass yet, then I'll tackle the firmware warning issue! But borrowing a 16yr olds phone is like the END OF THE WORLD! But at least I know I DOES work, just need to tinker around a bit from here, get everything looking good, then go have fun!
Storm
Is going to make landfall north of me, like Tallahassee/Gainesville area, possible even more north? They keep changing its path every few hours! so for all we know, Australia better bunker down! Lol
We just getting tons of rain, and winds! But some really sweet lightning across the sky, when clouds are clear, but most are behind the clouds, but still cool!

J Dot
You should buy one of these to use. Was recommended to me in my thread. AT&T GoPhone - ZTE Maven 4G LTE with 8GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone - Blue gray

No need to activate the cellular

Yes
Storm

J Dot

Look at J Dot....... Wow!

1KTBW.png

Yep,
That is us right now!
Riding the storm out!

And Apparition
I will DEFINATELY look into that as well, thanks!

J Dot

Yep,
That is us right now!
Riding the storm out!

And Apparition
I will DEFINATELY look into that as well, thanks!

J Dot

My opinion it is the best radar app available for android. There is storm which cost the same, but I don't think you have as tweaking ability.

I have but for $26 it's not bad to have around and it will work until J Dot figures out what to get next.

Now $26 that's a different story. Nice option for the price.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT