Hello, bit of help needed.

Hello guys
It's FRIDAY! Woooo hoooo!
I did not get paid in full, but still got some good news, for $25 more to my already existing Verizon account , I have a new 16gb ( wifi-cellular ) iPad Air 2! ( which I can pay off at any time with no interest! ) $369 over 24 months! No contract, but if I cancel it have to pay off the remaining balance of iPad! Sweet!

Here it is:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Still having some rains and wind after hurricane passed, but I'm going to try to catch a quick compass cal between rain spurts!

But one step closer, also finished reading the manual for a 3rd time, so I understand most but rest will come when I can physically try things as I go along! After compass cal, going to try to fix firmwares in Tx to correspond to bird ( keep getting a warning when I touch any Tx stick )
image.jpeg

So this will be goal #2,
As always, thank you, and I will keep you updated!

J Dot
:cool:

Take care, fly safe, and a GREAT WEEKEND, to you ALL! :)

Reactions: dirkclod and Mocho
Good lord man . Glad the wife wasn't coming out of the shower :eek:
Now hide that before she see's it :)

Reactions: Oso and J Dot
DO NOT load the most recent aircraft firmware. 1.9.6 has some major issues. Also stay away from 1.5.3. Each of these firmwares are responsible for aircraft falling out of the sky plus other wacky stuff.

Unless of course you don't adhere to the "sky is falling" mantra like me, who as of tonight has 48 flights on all the latest software/firmware with zero issues.

Unless of course you don't adhere to the "sky is falling" mantra like me, who as of tonight has 48 flights on all the latest software/firmware with zero issues.

GadgetGuy, not necessary.

Thanks a BUNCH everyone,
Your advice is much appreciated!

i guess my next move is to find a phone/tablet that is compatible, was going to wait a week or 2 to save, but that won't do, suspense is KILLING ME!

Maybe stupid question:
Can the ports on the rear of the to be tested to see if they ARE working?
I'd hate to dump a ton of squid on a new tablet, just to find out my Tx is faulty?
I did buy all this stuff used ( except charger it is new )
( I know the new device is needed ultimately anyhow )

I'll double check with some of my local friends maybe someone has a newer phone/tablet I can test with? ( before shelling out some more peanuts right now )

Thanks again,
And take care!

J Dot

Happy Fly Day to EVERYONE!
Have a safe one!:)

I've never tried an iPhone 4... But if the app downloads it should work.

Try a new cord!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello All,
Just wanted to give you an update, after many hours of firmware DOODLING, I finally got Tx to work with craft.
Here is the combo I found to work well so far.
App: ver 2.9.0
Aircraft: ver 1.8.80
Remote controller: ver 1.6.0

So
I did a Tx calibration, and an IMU calibration, then outside for a compass calibration. Then came back in messed with app a bit, went back out, started it all up, green across the boards, CSC, motors turned on with the ZOOM ZOOM!
But again, clouds moving in w/lightning, so tomorrow calls for sunny skies , to take her maiden voyage! But all is looking GREAT!
No more WARNINGS! Wooooo Hooooo!

J Dot

Reactions: Oso and dirkclod
Hello All,
Just wanted to give you an update, after many hours of firmware DOODLING, I finally got Tx to work with craft.

So
I did a Tx calibration, and an IMU calibration, then outside for a compass calibration. Then came back in messed with app a bit, went back out, started it all up, green across the boards, CSC, motors turned on with the ZOOM ZOOM!
But again, clouds moving in w/lightning, so tomorrow calls for sunny skies , to take her maiden voyage! But all is looking GREAT!

J Dot
Outstanding news.

Reactions: J Dot
Hello All,

So

J Dot

You can turn the VPS on now and fly around in the house and stir up the dust. :D

Lol
I can't lie, I have used my p2v, to blow off my driveway before, a COUPLE TIMES!:rolleyes:
Worked like a charm!
Going in about 1/2 hour with some local buddies ( mostly racing drone pilots ) to go fly in a big open field!
Will keep you update! :D

J dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Going in about 1/2 hour with some local buddies
Will keep you update! :D

J dot
smoking_baby_animated_avatar_100x100_89067.gif
man that was at like 8:10 this morning !!

Ok, ok,
RELAX, believe it or not, I cannot get my new iPad to sign into YouTube to upload the video i just edited! But as soon as I do, you'll be the first to know, due to weather trip got canceled, so took maiden voyage out front, with bonus SURPRISE neighbor! And finally took your advice @dirkclod , fixed that old fence!
Muhahaaaa!

Give me a few to figure this out!
But either way, ALL WENT PERFECTLY! Man this machine is just plain BAD ICE!:D

Be back soon
But I'm ok, all went well, and video soon!

J Dot

Ok, ok,
RELAX, believe it or not, I cannot get my new iPad to sign into YouTube to upload the video i just edited! But as soon as I do, you'll be the first to know, due to weather trip got canceled, so took maiden voyage out front, with bonus SURPRISE neighbor! And finally took your advice @dirkclod , fixed that old fence!
Muhahaaaa!

Give me a few to figure this out!
But either way, ALL WENT PERFECTLY! Man this machine is just plain BAD ICE!:D

Be back soon
But I'm ok, all went well, and video soon!

J Dot
Tom Jones  yeah.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT