Hello, bit of help needed.

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a proud new owner of a used P3p. I bought it without a Tx or charger. I found a 100w charger at Best Buy, and after reading your comments and input, I found a used " A " model Tx, on eBay.

Bird : model: w323
Tx: model: GL300A

I'm using an iPhone 4s, until I can afford an iPad or other tablet to use ( iPhone just too small )
iOS version 9.3.2. Not newest, but 1 step behind.

Ok
Bird firmware ( UNKNOWN )
Tx firmware ( UNKNOWN )
Go app ( 2.8.2 ) already had it on iTunes, as I read a Lot of bad reviews on newest version.

My delema:
A) not sure which firmwares work together with which app version
&
B) biggest issue
( phantom and Tx are not bound )
I cannot get the iPhone app to hook to Tx, ( only get the HOW TO CONNECT message )
Therefore cannot bind to bird!
( or is there an alternate route? )

I was going to try to download the newest Tx firmware ( from DJI.com p3 downloads ) to a removeable USB drive, then plug into Tx, to see if it will update!

Is this the only choice I have?

I did search, but all say turn on bird but mine is not bound, so I'm at a loss? Or I'm overlooking something?

Any help or advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I usually try to figure these things out for myself, but this one stumps me! Probably a typical newbie mistake I'm sure!o_O

Thanks,
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
I'm a proud new owner of a used P3p. I bought it without a Tx or charger. I found a 100w charger at Best Buy, and after reading your comments and input, I found a used " A " model Tx, on eBay.

I'm using an iPhone 4s, until I can afford an iPad or other tablet to use ( iPhone just too small )

Ok
Tx firmware ( UNKNOWN )
Go app ( 2.8.2 ) already had it on iTunes, as I read a Lot of bad reviews on newest version.

My delema:
&
B) biggest issue
I cannot get the iPhone app to hook to Tx, ( only get the HOW TO CONNECT message )

I was going to try to download the newest Tx firmware ( from DJI.com p3 downloads ) to a removeable USB drive, then plug into Tx, to see if it will update!

I did search, but all say turn on bird but mine is not bound, so I'm at a loss? Or I'm overlooking something?

Any help or advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I usually try to figure these things out for myself, but this one stumps me! Probably a typical newbie mistake I'm sure!o_O

Thanks,
J Dot
having a meetup in Apollo beach tomorrow you are welcome to come out and fly also one of the guys fixes drones might be able to help you out

Hello,

Ok
Tx firmware ( UNKNOWN )

My delema:
&
B) biggest issue

Thanks,
J Dot
Here is a link that shows you how to bind the RC to the AC manually with out the GO App.

Was able to link Tx to bird, following Blue Bird's link to great video! A+

However
Still cannot connect Tx to app through iPhone!

Thanks for your help!

J Dot

However

Thanks for your help!

J Dot
If you have a model # A RC, it may still have the older FW on it.
Go to DJI's download page and get FW 1.03.0020 Unzip the bin file onto USB drive and place in RC. Turn on and wait up to 60 seconds.
If the FW takes, you should be able to connect to app.
You can then upgrade further should you choose.
Good Luck;)

Reactions: J Dot
DO NOT load the most recent aircraft firmware. 1.9.6 has some major issues. Also stay away from 1.5.3. Each of these firmwares are responsible for aircraft falling out of the sky plus other wacky stuff.

However

Thanks for your help!

J Dot
It may just be that your trusty 4S is not up to the task. I know it works on the P2's you build and fly, but we normally dont recommend anything less than a 5S for the P3. A couple of people are able to somehow use a 5, but I have to think its not the best experience.

Yes planning on updating to a new iPad mini, or something like that, but have to save for a week or 2, plus I know I have a LOT of learning to do yet before I can just go fly! I wanted to doodle with the app ( settings and such ) as I read through the manual a second time ( as a few things I did not understand ) figured doing it while reading along might shed some light! But app won't work, lol

I was going to try the USB thing, but was not sure if it was the right plan of action, so I asked you guys ( the EXPERTS ), as most know I AM a p2 guy, but don't want to get left behind!
So converting, but not giving up on p2 either as they bring me a LOT of happiness! I just wanted to make some more serious videos/tutorials, with a higher quality, more stable platform, plus wanted to learn stuff along the way! Always like to expand my horizons, as not to get board!

I figured my iPhone was WAY behind in the electronic device race, and soon an antique ( lol ) but thought I could at least learn the app on it! Darn!

I will first again try ( Blue Bird's ) suggestion, as that was my first thought as well ( since there are so many unknowns in the firmwares ).this to could be a first run for all I know? ( guess that is the gamble buying used, with no history, other than tested and works! )

And thanks to ( Flynfrank ) I knew about the 1.5.3, but was unaware of the issues with 1.9.6 ,
I was planning on not messing with craft firmware, unless I HAVE TO.
For all I know it might be 1.5.3?

All questions I'd like to answer!

Thank you as well ( Oso ) just backed up my feelings! She's been a good ole gal, but I think beyond her years now, and needs retired, trust me I REMEMBER dial-up!o_O

Will keep you updated, and again, THANK YOU ALL! Most helpful!

J Dot
Take care, Fly safe!

Well guys,
I tried to update via USB drive, nothing happened, so I reviewed the PDF they said use a micro SD card , so I tried again via SD card, again, nothing happened? I downloaded the zip file, extracted it, moved only the BIN file to card ( professional one )
Inserted into Tx, turned Tx on, waited over 1 minute, nothing happened, just solid red led, followed by 4 white led's. No beeps, no blue lights, nothing?

So I'm thinking either this Tx is faulty, or possibly the USB port is dead? Unfortunately I do not have a micro USB iOS cord, but I will buy one tomorrow, and try again.
Bummer!

J Dot

Your RC (Tx) probably doesnt have one of the early FW versions that allowed updating via USB. Now the RC is updated only through the app.

Reactions: JoBe and J Dot
DO NOT load the most recent aircraft firmware. 1.9.6 has some major issues. Also stay away from 1.5.3. Each of these firmwares are responsible for aircraft falling out of the sky plus other wacky stuff.

Really? Where is your data? Forum posts about crashes? Such statements are not only unfounded, they are irresponsible. Reminds me of Chicken Little, "The sky is falling".

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: J Dot and Meta4
If we avoided using every firmware version, no-one would use any firmware.
For everyone saying that any particular firmware has issues, there are thousands happily using it without problems.
I'm using an iPhone 4s, until I can afford an iPad or other tablet to use
There's at least part of your problem.
The iPhone 4 isn't up to the task as the app is quite demanding.
Here's the list of reconnended iOS devices:
Recommended Devices
  • iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Thanks a BUNCH everyone,
Your advice is much appreciated!

i guess my next move is to find a phone/tablet that is compatible, was going to wait a week or 2 to save, but that won't do, suspense is KILLING ME!

Maybe stupid question:
Can the ports on the rear of the to be tested to see if they ARE working?
I'd hate to dump a ton of squid on a new tablet, just to find out my Tx is faulty?
I did buy all this stuff used ( except charger it is new )
( I know the new device is needed ultimately anyhow )

I'll double check with some of my local friends maybe someone has a newer phone/tablet I can test with? ( before shelling out some more peanuts right now )

Thanks again,
And take care!

J Dot

Happy Fly Day to EVERYONE!
Have a safe one!:)

Not sure what the stupid question is referring to.

Have you removed the microSD card yet and opened MISC/LOG/ and scrolled down near the end of the list to see what the most recent firmware loaded in your aircraft is?

Well guys,
I tried to update via USB drive, nothing happened, so I reviewed the PDF they said use a micro SD card , so I tried again via SD card, again, nothing happened? I downloaded the zip file, extracted it, moved only the BIN file to card ( professional one )
Inserted into Tx, turned Tx on, waited over 1 minute, nothing happened, just solid red led, followed by 4 white led's. No beeps, no blue lights, nothing?

So I'm thinking either this Tx is faulty, or possibly the USB port is dead? Unfortunately I do not have a micro USB iOS cord, but I will buy one tomorrow, and try again.
Bummer!

J Dot

don't you have a ios USB cord your using to connect the iPhone to the RC
p3p doesn't use wifi like the p2 si if you don't have one you may want to try that

good luck and have fun flying!

Lol
Stupid question ( can the ports on the rear of Tx be tested to see if ports are bad? ) I tried several cables, no dice, I also tried my iPad 3 same no go, time to update to a newer device!

Next,
Yes I removed the card that was in the camera when I bought it, hooked to to computer, I get ( CARD MUST BE FORMATTED TO USE! " )
So I did not want to fool with it further, because if this card in fact is legit, it may also offer info into what the craft has done, before me ( hopefully some kind of history? Data log? Something, so I chose NOT to reformat the card YET! I'd like to get everything working and see if I can view what's on card through the app?
Or it might just be a bad card all together!

I just can't seem to win, lol!
But am NOT giving up yet!

I might trade a p2v for a tablet! If I have to!o_O

One last ditch attempt, going to upgrade both my iPhone and iPad to latest iOS ( I've not updated for a WHILE ) as I'm usually against updates!, but will let you know if I can connect with updates iOS firmware?

( NOTE! ) I realize this iPhone 4s or iPad 3, will never work To go and fly and be trusted not to lag ( even if I DO get either or both working )
I just wanted to review and learn app ( while on the ground ) just to learn and get comfortable with it BEFORE I go and fly.

I planned on getting something new in a week or 2 when I can better afford something nice ( most likely iPad Air 2 ) as a lot of good reviews on them here! And not to bad a price tag either, it is doable!

As always
I APPRECIATE all you guys,
For the advice you've given, I feel like I'm already learning more from you than any manual could ever teach me! Thank you.

J Dot

Take care, Fly safe!

don't you have a ios USB cord your using to connect the iPhone to the RC
p3p doesn't use wifi like the p2 si if you don't have one you may want to try that

good luck and have fun flying!

Yes Kirk2579
I ordered a really expensive braided one, brand new, just opened! And also tried 3 other ones I have, including the OEM CORD, that came with iPhone, and OEM cord that came with iPad. All no go!

I'm sure it is the device ( i4s )
As the more I read, iPhone 5 seems to be the earliest iPhone to connect, but with lag issues, iPhone 6 has good reviews but I want a larger screen, that is why I was leaning twords the iPad Air 2.

Thanks!
J Dot

Yes Kirk2579
I ordered a really expensive braided one, brand new, just opened! And also tried 3 other ones I have, including the OEM CORD, that came with iPhone, and OEM cord that came with iPad. All no go!

I'm sure it is the device ( i4s )
As the more I read, iPhone 5 seems to be the earliest iPhone to connect, but with lag issues, iPhone 6 has good reviews but I want a larger screen, that is why I was leaning twords the iPad Air 2.

Thanks!
J Dot

FWIW a nvidea shield works great at 200.00

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member