heart beatings, fingers shaking

Yes, you can adjust only parts. For example, if the pic had been exposed correctly for the foreground and over exposed the sky, you can darken just the sky. Did you start with a jpeg or dng file? A jpeg is created by the camera's presets inside that edit the raw information to make a photo it thinks is right. Starting with the raw file you control what you want to do.

A dng file may be 17MB while the camera's processed jpeg may be 7MB. That's a lot of information edited out.

DJI_0007-2.jpg
Oh yea you can change white balance...is this a truer color rendition?

I like that you're standing on such a neat square @Dazzauk !

Lol, I take my little Matt with me everytme I fly It's my take off and landing Matt. Keeps the feet clean. And also maybe prevents any interference for the compas.

View attachment 75466 Oh yea you can change white balance...is this a truer color rendition?

Certainly seems like a powerful piece of software. I have the camera set to take raw and JPEG. The picture of me came out pretty good and was quite true to start with.

Not sure if I tried to edit the dng or JPEG. I'll have to check

@Dazzauk you can use a program like Adobe Photoshop Express on your iphone/ipad to experiment with RAW (DNG) files, and it won't cost you a penny.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Hi Dazz

To get your Flight confidence up just try some simple flight drills to enhance your skills. There are plenty of YouTube vids showing basic rc helicopter drills such as hovering at different points, nose in flight and figure of 8's which when mastered will help immensely. Due to the fact that these things seem to fly themselves, it's easy to become complacent and panic when the drone does something out of the ordinary. Make the effort to manually fly the drone back to home, manual landings etc.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dazzauk
Where abouts, im just south of bham. I can get 1800m flying over sea or into open country with just cheap antenna mod and magic power. However i only get 300m- 700m in town even in parks. Im up to 4000m with a 5ghz amp. Still with full signal!

In Redditch mate, about half hour south of Birmingham. What's the cheap antenna mod you have?

In Redditch mate, about half hour south of Birmingham. What's the cheap antenna mod you have?

Im in redditch too! try flying from the little hill at abbey stadium running track. Facing towards weights lane ish, thats where i got 4000m with ease with amp and 1800m without amp just the 3 aftermarket alfa antennas. I flew to alvechurch from there yesterday

Im in redditch too! try flying from the little hill at abbey stadium running track. Facing towards weights lane ish, thats where i got 4000m with ease with amp and 1800m without amp just the 3 aftermarket alfa antennas. I flew to alvechurch from there yesterday

Wow really, what are the odds lol. I'm up on Mount Pleasant.

I'm reluctant to mod my controller in fear of messing it up, I'm hoping to upgrade to the Mavic later in the year anyway and that'll sort any range issues out.

Jealous that you're getting that kinda range though! I'll have to check that location out. I took it up near Ipsley the other week, by the church and flew it out over the skatepark, had much better range there. Just a limitation of the Standard I guess.

Take a look at the video I did of the Tardibigge canal, as someone who is local it'll mean more to recognise the location lol.

Reactions: thousandyard
Im right near you, oakly road. I see you have stolen my next idea of filming the welsh coast too lol. Yeah i know the canal, walked and cycled it a lot, nice filming style too. I like the standard phantom as its so cheap i dont care if i crash or lose it. Id be too worried all the time if i had an expensive drone.

Ah further south than me then, I'm close to Birmingham.

I tried downloading the MagicPower mod to improve my video range out of my back garden but it doesn't seem to have helped, I've got a windsurfer too now and I always seem to get choppy feedback just a couple hundred meters away. Hopefully trying out my friends P4 on Tuesday to see what the difference is between wifi on the standard and lightbridge is.

I wasn't sure if my standard was faulty, but if you're having similar issues in a residential area maybe it's just a limitation of the standard.
Hi pal.
Your on my door step. Email me [email protected]

Sent from my P00A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im right near you, oakly road. I see you have stolen my next idea of filming the welsh coast too lol. Yeah i know the canal, walked and cycled it a lot, nice filming style too. I like the standard phantom as its so cheap i dont care if i crash or lose it. Id be too worried all the time if i had an expensive drone.

Haha I'm surprised you haven't seen my drone flying around from my back garden, I'm literally right next to St Luke's school, within walking distance to you.

If you ever want to go for a fly give me a shout.

Yea we went Cardigan in Wales a few weeks back for a short break. I uploaded the video to my FB too and it only had a couple hundred views for a while, then someone from the hotel we stayed in picked up on the video, shared it, and it kicked off. Up to 5.3k views now lol.

Trouble with living in the Midlands there's not much inspiration for interesting places for footage. Nearest beach is Weston Super Mare, hardly a picturesque filming location (no offence to local residents!)

Good point on it being cheap, if we meet up I'll have to have a look at the mods you have, I'm sure it'll look less daunting in person.

Haha I'm surprised you haven't seen my drone flying around from my back garden, I'm literally right next to St Luke's school, within walking distance to you.

If you ever want to go for a fly give me a shout.

Yea we went Cardigan in Wales a few weeks back for a short break. I uploaded the video to my FB too and it only had a couple hundred views for a while, then someone from the hotel we stayed in picked up on the video, shared it, and it kicked off. Up to 5.3k views now lol.

Trouble with living in the Midlands there's not much inspiration for interesting places for footage. Nearest beach is Weston Super Mare, hardly a picturesque filming location (no offence to local residents!)

Good point on it being cheap, if we meet up I'll have to have a look at the mods you have, I'm sure it'll look less daunting in person.

Pmd you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka