Has anyone used Drone Base?

Ive been part of the site for awhile now but just started doing missions last week I'm up to 6 at this point. Haven't gotten paid yet but ill give it awhile since the holidays are just ending

Ive been part of the site for awhile now but just started doing missions last week I'm up to 6 at this point. Haven't gotten paid yet but ill give it awhile since the holidays are just ending
Cool, let us know how it goes for you.

I started around thanksgiving. They slow down at holidays but come back in full force.
If you have issues just contact and Nick is quick on the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I started around thanksgiving. They slow down at holidays but come back in full force.
If you have issues just contact and Nick is quick on the responses.

How accurate has the rating scale been for you? Ive been trying to go after the higher scaled properties and skipping some lower scaled

How accurate has the rating scale been for you? Ive been trying to go after the higher scaled properties and skipping some lower scaled

Best bet.
I have some rated higher but neighborhood is not great and they are slower hits, most around this stream are 5.3- 5.7 and I focus in those.
4.9 and below slow responders.
Water, golf and nice views sell faster in my cases.
Rain has slowed me this holiday, but the sun will come out tomorrow...

Just got paid for my first one. $20. not too bad for 10 minutes of work but at that rate I wont be going way out of my way to do these missions. If its a true 50 50 selling a panno plus some "beauty shots" at $40 seems a little dumb to me.

the ratings don't seems as important as the type. I've had more success with commercial properties compared with the residential .

These look like ground level shots, are they the "beauty shots" you submit?

I have been shooting from above roof level to provide a perspective that the realtors regular photographer can't provide.

Litchi with the same settings work for my P3P.

Litchi settings are very basic, and if you guys watched the how to vid, you would understand better. Set your pano in Litchi for 2 rows of 12 with the top row at 0, and 1 nadir (straight down) for a total of 25. This is for my P4 though, your P3 settings might be different?
View attachment 72066 View attachment 72067

These look like ground level shots, are they the "beauty shots" you submit?

I have been shooting from above roof level to provide a perspective that the realtors regular photographer can't provide.

Litchi with the same settings work for my P3P.
Yes these are a few beauty shots. There actually takin from higher than it appears. I go for shots that look good, but are out of reach for a ground shooter. I do occasionally shoot above the roof line, but most are at roof line, like instructed.

..I go for shots that look good, but are out of reach for a ground shooter..
The realtors over here have 10 foot sticks they can use with a camera which means you have to go at least one storey up to get a shot they can't. And as most housing here is single storey it makes it hard to persuade them to hire a done.

How much have each of the pano missions paid on average? I am wanting to try Dronebase out as a weekend gig, but I would like to know if it could be worth it or not.

ok im up to about 10 so far... All pretty high on the rating scale. I've been paid for 1 at this point a staggering $20. I went and did some research on a 2 of them i did one was sold over a month ago and the other was under contract so the chance of either of those working out are 0. Hopefully some of these start selling or im not going to waste my time.

ok im up to about 10 so far... All pretty high on the rating scale. I've been paid for 1 at this point a staggering $20. I went and did some research on a 2 of them i did one was sold over a month ago and the other was under contract so the chance of either of those working out are 0. Hopefully some of these start selling or im not going to waste my time.

You actually still have a chance to get paid on properties that have all ready sold. More people, like data collectors, can buy the panos.

That being said, payment has pretty much come to a screeching hault and I'm not sure why. I turned in 7, 5.8-5.9 properties in and 4-5 others around the 29th and haven't seen any payments. Not sure if it has to do with the holidays or what.

Reactions: rccrazy30
You actually still have a chance to get paid on properties that have all ready sold. More people, like data collectors, can buy the panos.

That being said, payment has pretty much come to a screeching hault and I'm not sure why. I turned in 7, 5.8-5.9 properties in and 4-5 others around the 29th and haven't seen any payments. Not sure if it has to do with the holidays or what.

Hopefully its just a delay and these things are actually being sold

i completed 1 mission for a mid-range price property around the 27th and got paid $20 around the 3rd.

I just shot 3 properties ranging in the $2.8M price range and i know that the photog who shot the extremist and interior shoots took $2K per job, so will see if anything comes out of those.

I have done 26 panos over six weeks, and have been paid for ten so far.
Eight of those were the first 13, then only two of the last 13. Maybe the holidays, but losing motivation!
Range has been $20 to $35, most are $25.

I always Google the address to verify that the property is still on the market before heading out, and have skipped a couple that didn't have a "for sale" sign up when I got there.

Just stumbled upon this thread so apologies being late to the party, but if someone could just dumb it down for me - You sign up, look at the map, find an available property and you just show up unannounced and shoot? Or, are the Realtors/Brokers/Homeowners in the know?

Also, for those of you that are doing a ton of these, how are you promoting your own business? Do you simply hang on to the footage, do your own correction, grading, etc, and add it to your portfolio? Or are there stipulations against this?

Sounds like a neat concept, just a bit hesitant especially since as soon as I show up I'm out $10 to get a 1 hour insurance policy through Verifly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94