Has anyone used Drone Base?

I've been using the mavic for all of mine. I'm using Litchi's standard settings you need to take 3 rows vs 2 with the phantom. I like using the mavic mainly because of how quite it is. as far as the FOV i just back the drone up a little more then i would have to with the phantom. The only time ill really use my P4 is if the winds are a little on the high side.

Perfect! Thanks
The quiet factor is so important for these. I didn't realize how quiet it was compared to when I had other phantoms until I was flying at the beach and no one looked up.

@rccrazy30
What angles do you shoot each group of 12pics in litchi with mavic? 0,30,60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I wonder if this is a programming issue on the Web site that we are seeing this in the "Pilot" view?

Mine have both $49 and $99 prices, I don't see any correlation to Residential, Commercial, already sold or not sold yet. I wonder how they decide which price to apply?
2017-01-10_16-31-15.jpg
2017-01-10_16-25-47.jpg
Did a few more today. Went to check them today and this came up on the detail page i dont recall seeing this before. I checked all of them and they all said "but now for $49" Im curious if they allow more then 1 party to purchase these photos will we get the commission for each 1 they sell? View attachment 73011

well they sent me a email this afternoon for a client mission tomorrow so will see how that goes

Also i found the answer to my question. Pilots get paid every time the photo sells. So there is a possibility of getting paid twice for 1 property

Last edited:
Litchi doesn't give angles for some reason. but i do 3 rows, top row at +15 and photos per row 8

Makes sense. How far from front of property do you go?

So I had my first "Client Mission" today. It went really well they sent me an email with extremely detailed shot lists of what they wanted. In addition to drone photos they asked that I take a DSLR and take a bunch of ground photo's. Time on site was about 40-45minutes then maybe at most uploading the files to the website. Once that was done and submitted about 10minutes later I got paid.

Reactions: Helihover
The list of available missions in my area has been cut significantly, has anyone else experienced this?

The list of available missions in my area has been cut significantly, has anyone else experienced this?

I think they must of re scanned them MLS today I see where some have disappeared... It actually worked out nicely for me I was doing a pano the other day and noticed the house next door was for sale but didn't show up on the map. Figured why not just take them just incase... Well that one appeared on the map today $$

I noticed the came thing in my area. I also was having a lot of trouble trying to claim missions yesterday. I've been emailing back and forth with tech support and it looks like I might be SOL.

I noticed the came thing in my area. I also was having a lot of trouble trying to claim missions yesterday. I've been emailing back and forth with tech support and it looks like I might be SOL.

I got an email back from someone today that said "We are doing a data refresh and cycling through properties much quicker now. " all the missing properties are back now so it seems they were doing an update to their database.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They must be cleaning up the database. There were some zip coeds in my area with nothing (including my own), but others covered with missions. As I checked online before claiming, the majority were no longer valid MLS listings. I was beginning to feel I was wasting too much time tracking down "live" missions.

Now there are entire towns/areas with no listings, including those that had a glut a day or two ago, and the sparse listings left are in the city. Hopefully more will show back up in the areas with larger lots and mountain views, which are more likely to sell than small old subdivisions!

That said, I have been surprised at some of the commercial jobs that have sold...
DJI_0155.jpg

Please check out Allen Lo's review of Drone Base here... he's done over 30 Pano missions and made a TOTAL of $45. Not a good ROI for the drone pilot.

Reactions: BruiseLee
Please check out Allen Lo's review of Drone Base here... he's done over 30 Pano missions and made a TOTAL of $45. Not a good ROI for the drone pilot.

Must not be doing something right...Ive done 21 missions and have made about $400...Oh and about 10 of those haven't paid yet payments seem to come in batches

**ive been doing it about 2 weeks now**

I got paid for the first 2 mission I did. I just did 2 more today, we will see what the payout percentage is in the long run. I did the 2 today just because my other shoot got pushed back so I had all my gear loaded up and figured I might as well.

I've noticed the refresh too, but it's better in my area now. There are commercial properties popping up everywhere. Even one with in walking distance from my house! I've slowed down significantly lately because of the weather, but still have been shooting. Yesterday I uploaded number 88, which is getting me real close to the $1k mark:). I was also emailed to see if I could shoot two commercial pano missions ASAP that have a guaranteed payout of 30 each. These weren't client missions....... They were right next door to each other which made it a breeze.

Drone Base is fun and great fill in work when your out and about.

We'll I decide to give this a try today with my mavic. After chatting with Nick@dronebase he suggested using 9picsx4rows due to FOV of camera.
Did three Commercial props in the area (picked Sat when the industrial park offices are closed). If this works out, there are dozens more to do!

Anyone show up in their panos? Or do you hide in a car or behind a tree. It kinda looks eerie being seen standing with your RC in the Pano

Anyone show up in their panos? Or do you hide in a car or behind a tree. It kinda looks eerie being seen standing with your RC in the Pano

My trucks usually in all of them somewhere. its been so cold lately once I start the pano I'm back in the nice warm truck haha

Reactions: Helihover

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl