Greetings from San Antonio

Morning guys. Change of plans for me. Decided to hold off on purchasing the Phantom 3a for now due to budget concerns.

Will definitely get back to let you know once i already bought it. Appreciate your advices. Enjoy flying this Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are their any phantom fliers in San Antonio? If so, lets fly together! I have decided to either get the phantom 2, or to build a quad. I'm not sure which way I want to go right now, as with R/C helicopters, I always built my own. However, the phantom 2 offer a lot from an RTF. The next question then becomes, which phantom 2 to get, phantom 2 with gropro or vision +? While I'm researching and making my decision, I picked up a Ethos qx 130 to the flight characteristics of a quad down. On my 2nd battery, a gust of wind took it into a tree, no issues with it... So I'm glad I didn't start with the phantom, as my wife and kids were watching and the only thing hurt was my EGO and not a $1300 toy!

Any advice on the setup would be greatly appreciated.

I'm flying at 1604 and Kyle Seale parkway, outside the the loop. Nice undeveloped areas to view.

There is a open dirt area where I can take off from or I will climb a hill and launch from there. I'll try to post a video tonight. It's across the new Olympic swimming stadium and Ferris stadium.

If you guys really want to see some amazing places to fly, take a drive on scenic loop highway. It is a goldmine for aerial photos and videos. I discovered it by accident one day. I have not been back but I plan on returning to find a take off spot. If you google The Grey Moss Inn and Restaurant for directions you will be in the right area. Not sure what the vibe will be with the locals

Brysonc- I take that tribe from 16 all the way to I-10 to avoid traffic when I go out of town. It's a very peaceful drive. But from what I recall, there's really no public land to park and launch from. What do you fly?

Hey all,

PinnacleRun and I are meeting up Sunday morning at 1604 & Calebra behind Walgreens. There's a big area of land thats waiting to be explored. Come out and join us. We'll be there at 9am. Bring you quads, planes and helis. :)

I have the phantom 3 Standard. The area on 1604 and Kyle Seale Parkway has a large dirt area that is great for takeoffs. The old scenic loop highway location covers a large area and I'm still trying to find a prime location to launch. I plan on looking this weekend.

My area is located near Cedar Creek Golf Course on Kyle Seale Parkway. Look for the large dirt area and you may find me there tomorrow if it's not too windy to fly.

Hey brysonc- shoot me a Google screenshot of where you are talking about the dirt area you are wanting to launch from.

7228b5d4ec1c7d0c9959c0ad3e3cca3e.jpg
e336a0ad314d9a7d2a3b6c12ac76957a.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94