Greetings from San Antonio

Reaction score
Are their any phantom fliers in San Antonio? If so, lets fly together! I have decided to either get the phantom 2, or to build a quad. I'm not sure which way I want to go right now, as with R/C helicopters, I always built my own. However, the phantom 2 offer a lot from an RTF. The next question then becomes, which phantom 2 to get, phantom 2 with gropro or vision +? While I'm researching and making my decision, I picked up a Ethos qx 130 to the flight characteristics of a quad down. On my 2nd battery, a gust of wind took it into a tree, no issues with it... So I'm glad I didn't start with the phantom, as my wife and kids were watching and the only thing hurt was my EGO and not a $1300 toy!

Any advice on the setup would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Rdbenther65
I was with a girl from texas if that counts? Katy, Houston,? Its not gonna count because I aint allowed back there but happy flying :)
I got a nice tattoo there too

I am on the North Side. IH10/Wurzbach. I have P2V+ if you want to see one in action.

Been trying to find other fliers here in San Antonio but it is pretty dead. :(

Catalina36,
I tried to send you a PM, but it failed, as I'm new here....

why did you go P2V+ vs the gopro route? Also, where did you buy it at? Hobbytown carries them, but is out of stock. Also, UAV Direct in Austin has them too. I'm curious where you got it, also, I obviously need to post more to PM you... LOL

jpitus said:
Catalina36,
I tried to send you a PM, but it failed, as I'm new here....

why did you go P2V+ vs the gopro route? Also, where did you buy it at? Hobbytown carries them, but is out of stock. Also, UAV Direct in Austin has them too. I'm curious where you got it, also, I obviously need to post more to PM you... LOL

I will PM you and then see if you can respond. I bought mine from UAVDirect in Liberty Hill. Worth the drive if you have half a day to kill. Why the Plus vs the GoPro? At the time I bought mine I thought it was the latest version and would have all the latest technology. (was I right? I don't know) But mine has been flawless since day one. No regrets.

Still not able to PM. I will text you tomorrow. I'm leaning more towards the P2V+ as it is well tested by the manufacture and the components are integrated. I'm thinking my 27" Mac vs a windows PC. Also, I like that I can use my iPad with the app, vs the iPhone. Bit, nothing is set in stone, yet.

Hi, jpitus....I'm in San Antonio....I will get my P2+ tomorrow from amazon....I live out 281 north off Brookhollow....A block from Bradley mid. school....Small park nextdoor....Lets all get together some time....Mike

msross said:
Hi, jpitus....I'm in San Antonio....I will get my P2+ tomorrow from amazon....I live out 281 north off Brookhollow....A block from Bradley mid. school....Small park nextdoor....Lets all get together some time....Mike

Sounds good Mike. You are really close to both San Antonio airport and Twin Oaks aren't you? The software may restrict take off at the park but not to worry, there are lots of good places to fly around San Antonio.

It was a crazy weekend with the family, sorry I didn't contact you all. We should do a SA meet up. I'm out in La Vernia, with a flying field about 1/4 mile from house. It is about 45 min from 281/1604. Their is also a flying field near 10/1604 that I've seen driving by. However, I'm down for going anywhere, and have no problem heading your alls way! I'm still torn on what platform to get, but flying my ethos both night and day has been a blast! It flies so much easier than my old Airwolf scale .50 size helicopter, which was fun to fly, but gas got annoying.

Hi!

I will be in San Antonio for a few days and I brought my Phantom2 with me. It would be very nice to go flying with someone else, but even if you can't come, please suggest nice places to fly and record video.

I am located near Lockhill Selma and Huebner, at NW San Antonio.

Thank you!

Sergio

Are all you guys still flying Phantoms? I just moved to San Antonio and have been flying my Phantom 1.5 (Phantom 1.1.1 in a Phantom 2 shell) for about 2 years now. Where do you guys go fly around here? I'm used to having the ocean in my back yard and just flew out over the Atlantic whenever I wanted. Now not so sure where to go work on my skills.

Are all you guys still flying Phantoms? I just moved to San Antonio and have been flying my Phantom 1.5 (Phantom 1.1.1 in a Phantom 2 shell) for about 2 years now. Where do you guys go fly around here? I'm used to having the ocean in my back yard and just flew out over the Atlantic whenever I wanted. Now not so sure where to go work on my skills.
That is a good question since San Antonio is tough to fly in being they have so many airfields. I'm interested myself./ Luckily for me I live in a small town to the northeast so I can fly from my house. Still have to watch for a small plane airfield landing strip and the hospital chopper.

Reactions: h2oslider
Hi, I live in San Antonio and have been able to fly almost anywhere within reason. I live in the Windcrest area, and work downtown.. I know that a lot of RC plane folks fly around kitty hawk.. I think the numerous bases and people who retired from them, makes this town more tolerant to the drones.

Reactions: h2oslider
Hi, I live in San Antonio and have been able to fly almost anywhere within reason. I live in the Windcrest area, and work downtown.. I know that a lot of RC plane folks fly around kitty hawk.. I think the numerous bases and people who retired from them, makes this town more tolerant to the drones.
Are you going to get some good footage of the Windcrest Christmas lights? They still do that?

That is a good question since San Antonio is tough to fly in being they have so many airfields. I'm interested myself./ Luckily for me I live in a small town to the northeast so I can fly from my house. Still have to watch for a small plane airfield landing strip and the hospital chopper.

Yeah, thats what worries me the most. I live a half mile from University Hospital and Life Flight is going in and out all day so it's not a good idea to fly near my house. May just have to keep the batteries charged for trips out to the hill country. Thanks.

Gonna have to look into this kitty hawk area. I have a few new mods I want to try out on my phantom but trying them out a half mile or so from University hospital isn't the best idea. May just have to do some testing out in the hill country soon. Thanks for the advice!

I live in west SA, Alamo ranch area. Would like to meet up with others some time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live a bit away but my daughter goes to school in the Alamo Heights area. We go down there often in the fall.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl