GPS and Gimbal Issue

Reaction score
I recently installed the Zemuse Gimbal and with the upgrade kit. When installing the lever on the TX for controlling the gimbal, i broke the controller. I had considering upgrading the TX anyway, so I replaced it with the Futaba T8J. During setup I've run into a couple of problems:
1) The gimal no longer seems to work. Before installing the Futaba RX, when I'd plug the battery into the Phantom, after a few seconds it would sort of self level, and I could verify that it was working even thought I didn't have a working TX, because I could move the Phantom around by hard and see that it was working. I've also noticed that while I believe that I've set up the Futuba to control the tilt of the gimbal, it doesn't work. I'm not sure if this is related or not.

2) GPS no longer seems to work. In fact when I go to the Basic > RC menu in NAZA-M, Under Control Mode Switch, I see the following order: Atti. (Should be GPS) Failsafe Atti. Failsafe Failsafe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You may have done all this but.

In the software make sure you have selected the correct controller.

Turn gimbal on in the software and calibrate X1.

Unplug battery.

Go outside and calibrate compass.

Bring it back in. Power up and hook it back to software. All should work. If not, well, that's all I got.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips. Here is some more info:

I did verify that the correct controller is selected.

I did calibrate X!, and it does appear to be correct in that I can turn the dial and it changes in the software.

I have tried both with the gimbal on and off, but I've heard that it should be off.

I am having trouble calibrating the compass. When i move the levers up and down that should put it into calibration mode, it doesn't happen.
Earlier tonight I was able to to start the motors but now they wont start either.

While everything looks correct in the software (other that GPS not working) the Phantom does visibly respond to anything other than putting it into failsafe mode.

One more data point. Prior to upgrading the board, the GPS cable plugged directly into the NAZA. After the upgrade, the cable goes to a port on the board, and another cable goes from the board to where the GPS plugged in on the NAZA. I notices that if I plug it in the old way - that is GPS to NAZA, I get GPS mode back. Switching modes on the TX does change the lights between GPS, ATTI, and failsafe now. I'm guessing thats not the right thing to do, and I'll have to put it back , but I thought it might help someone to understand my problem. Gimbal still doesn't work and motors down turn on either. I've been working on this all day. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've not yet installed the new board. I did have issues setting my Phantom up after installing the T8J and found out that if I moved the Phantom whilst it was connected to my PC the setup issue cleared! Not sure why I guess there was something transmitting from my PC or screen that was interfering with the Phantom. I could not seem to set the GPS mode only ATTI. Once I moved the Phantom GPS mode appeared. Worth a try.

MKheng said:
I've not yet installed the new board. I did have issues setting my Phantom up after installing the T8J and found out that if I moved the Phantom whilst it was connected to my PC the setup issue cleared! Not sure why I guess there was something transmitting from my PC or screen that was interfering with the Phantom. I could not seem to set the GPS mode only ATTI. Once I moved the Phantom GPS mode appeared. Worth a try.

Thanks. I'm beginning to think that the T8J is set up correctly. If I open the settings and look at the software everything seems ok. I think the new board is bad. The communication between the TCX and the RX seem to be good, but nothing on the board is functioning. If I bypass the board with the GPS cable it works. I'm thinking of overnighting a new upgrade kit and replacing the board because I really need it asap. Does anyone have any other ideas or anything I could check?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl