Got a shield today.

Reaction score
Not the gun :)

The tablet (although I have the shield gun too)

I bought recently the Samsung tab 8 A , about 3 weeks ago, awesome tablet and works just fine for our drone, but one thing I found out it doesn't have is a compass and since I like flying long distances I really like the option to direct me to aim directly at the drone. Plus I wasn't a fan of the 4:3 format and love the proper 16:9 format.

Anyway, this tablet is pretty awesome! they are selling for hundreds on ebay and impossible to find anywhere else, I found someone here locally selling a used one, that looks brand new for 100 bucks. didn't even bother to offer a lower price. Its the original shield that came with the stylus!

This thing is pretty freaking sick! The colors on it are amazing on it, brightness and the specs are great too.
Even though this is for the drone, I've already tried using the feature of this tablet, streaming from my PC. I streamed witcher 3, GTA V, Metro last light and a bunch of other games and the best part, I did it NOT on my network. Meaning if I'm on the road I can stream these games and the shocking part its little to no lag.

I mean considering what I'm streaming it to, its pretty freakin awesome.
You can also stream your desktop, or and specific program you want.

The tablet lives up to the hype it gets on this site.
for 200 bucks its a complete steal, why its out of stock I don't know, I heard there might be a new version coming out or somehting and this one is discontinued, who knows.

Also, mine came with the official nvidia cover

Reactions: theTastyCat
after owning tons of tablets, including Ipads, the original Xoom by motorola, lol. LG,few samsungs, my Surface 2 RT with keyboard, even some chinese knockoffs, this thing is by far the sleekest tablet out there, the features natively built in is great!
you will love it! plus the make it super easy to screen record and microphone to pair with your dron videos, its going to be great!

Great to hear that! I purchased the K1 on Amazon about four weeks ago and its still not shipped! I better not get a refund from them and told "not available" or I be mad

I am hearing rumors that the K1 has been discontinued and that Nvida may be out of the tablet business.

Looks like I'm getting mine tomorrow. Ordered it on Prime Day.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Great to hear that! I purchased the K1 on Amazon about four weeks ago and its still not shipped! I better not get a refund from them and told "not available" or I be mad

I ended up cancelling my order with Amazon and bought an iPad mini 4 locally. Paid more, but I can fly.

-Bob

Does anyone have issues with the K1 charging super slow? Mine takes about 24 hours to charge from 70% to 100%. I have tried two different qualcom chargers, and HTC charger and Ipad charger and about a dozen cables, one was a 20 gauge charge only cable specifically designed for fast chargers. Doing a Google search and it seems to be a common problem. The same chargers will charge my iPad mini4 from 10% to 100% in about two hours.
I use the Ampere app and it shows a low charge of 120 mA and high of 760 mA. Something is not right.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Does anyone have issues with the K1 charging super slow? Mine takes about 24 hours to charge from 70% to 100%. I have tried two different qualcom chargers, and HTC charger and Ipad charger and about a dozen cables, one was a 20 gauge charge only cable specifically designed for fast chargers. Doing a Google search and it seems to be a common problem. The same chargers will charge my iPad mini4 from 10% to 100% in about two hours.
I use the Ampere app and it shows a low charge of 120 mA and high of 760 mA. Something is not right.

Not at all, mine charges up like any normal tablet. About 1.5 for a complete charge.

I ended up cancelling my order with Amazon and bought an iPad mini 4 locally. Paid more, but I can fly.

-Bob
I have one, it is a great device. Bright screen,less glare. My K1 has way to much glare. Believe it or not, I know it sounds strange but I have tested it many times back to back with my Shield K1, but I actually get better range with the IPad. It sounds dumb and I can not explain it, But same day same direction , same height many tries, the IPad always gets a farther range. Odd huh?

I have one, it is a great device. Bright screen,less glare. My K1 has way to much glare. Believe it or not, I know it sounds strange but I have tested it many times back to back with my Shield K1, but I actually get better range with the IPad. It sounds dumb and I can not explain it, But same day same direction , same height many tries, the IPad always gets a farther range. Odd huh?

I thought i was the only one. when i used my ipad versus my galaxy s6 phone. I got better range it the ipad... wonder why

I thought i was the only one. when i used my ipad versus my galaxy s6 phone. I got better range it the ipad... wonder why
Ha! So I am not crazy. Maybe because Dji is in bed with Apple? I do not know. I used my shield today for the first time in about a week, I flew the same route I always do when I am bored, off toward a mountain with these huge houses, Its pretty cool finding them hiding in the trees with the huge pools and long driveways, anyway I flew it Saturday and got out over two miles with the ipad, today with the shield, less than a mile. Although it did rain a few hours before I flew and it was still a little humid out, so that could have dampened the signal quite a bit.

Ha! So I am not crazy. Maybe because Dji is in bed with Apple? I do not know. I used my shield today for the first time in about a week, I flew the same route I always do when I am bored, off toward a mountain with these huge houses, Its pretty cool finding them hiding in the trees with the huge pools and long driveways, anyway I flew it Saturday and got out over two miles with the ipad, today with the shield, less than a mile. Although it did rain a few hours before I flew and it was still a little humid out, so that could have dampened the signal quite a bit.

I actually just tried this 2 days ago and also first time trying out the ipad. Got 3500feet with the ipad and 2600 with my phone.
I will try this again tomorrow with the same flight path and also with Litchi on my android

Interesting. I also noticed this but I didn't give it any thought as I just assumed it was a fluke. A while back I used a friend's Samsung phone when he wanted to test it with my P3A. We flew at one of my standard spots and I could not get the range I routinely get in that location. I couldn't figure out the issue that day, but like I said I didn't think much of it. It was back to it's normal range when I used my Air 2 the next time I was there.

It never occurred to me that the difference could have been Android vs iOS. Even now with others in this thread saying they have experienced the same thing, I find it hard to believe there is any sort of range difference between the two platforms. In my eyes, it's just a few unrelated and isolated incidents.

I fly with IPAD Air 2's (yes I have 2) and I also got a K1. I agree the K1 doesn't go out as far without dropping some signals. I got the K1 just for flying, but it's still sitting like new, not updating OS. and I just bought the HDMI and goggles. HAven't tried with the K1 and goggles yet. Not sure I will either now.

Yeah I just got one off eBay for $100 with og cover and controller. Be sure to check recall status to make sure it isn't going to be bricked by nvidia. You may also end up getting a new one like I am...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT