GoPro 4 - It's here!

Reaction score
Let's hope it's compatibile with our current Phantom setups... Judging by the shadow seen at 18 seconds in their new ad video, it's already been tested with a Phantom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcNtgA6gHs

phillip bloom has already tested the GP4 black with phantom and lightbridge... so all is good on compatability front

Alib said:
phillip bloom has already tested the GP4 black with phantom and lightbridge... so all is good on compatability front

Thought it would be,the list of accessories for the Hero 4 also lists them as compatible with the Hero 3+

500 bucks, :shock: , couldn't they at least add a screen, or at least made the control scren in color or bigger, lol

Sana

The only reason I will be upgrading to this right now is for 2.7k at 50fps.

Should tide me over nicely until I move forward to a new GH4 capable multicopter.

Jaybee said:
The only reason I will be upgrading to this right now is for 2.7k at 50fps.

Should tide me over nicely until I move forward to a new GH4 capable multicopter.

2.7K 50 will be my go to shooting mode as well. Should make for some nice slow motion and less stuttering. And don't forget, double the processor speed means half the rolling shutter so it should be a winner on all fronts. This may delay my jump to the S900/GH4 if I can get myself to accept the lens limitations.

Alib said:

Which gimbal?

ianwood said:
2.7K 50 will be my go to shooting mode as well. Should make for some nice slow motion and less stuttering. And don't forget, double the processor speed means half the rolling shutter so it should be a winner on all fronts. This may delay my jump to the S900/GH4 if I can get myself to accept the lens limitations.
Yeah I am confident there will be far less rolling shutter at that resolution.

I am seriously considering the new Align M480L over an S900 for high-end work next year.

For me it's not worth to switch over from a 3+ BE. Previously there have been rumours about a built-in image stabilisation feature which would be a reason, but now no word about it.

Regards, Gerd

Is it confirmed that it will do 2.7 @ 50fps? That will be the best of both worlds, since I often need to crop out some props and/or lens distortion, but also often need to slow down the footage as well.

From the official GoPro Site

4K30, 2.7K50, 1080p120—HERO4 Black

So stoked, I'll be buying one on launch day. If I had a 3+ the decision wouldn't be as easy, but I am due for an upgrade from my Hero3, plus we use our Phantom professionally so should tide us over until we can afford a bigger rig for our 5D.

I'll wait for some night comparison videos and probably wait till after the hollidays since there won't be much flight during the winter.
Would rather get a 4+. Anyone know what the time delay was between 3 and 3+?

I cant see what the Bluetooth is used for?
Nothing I could see in the instructions,either that or I missed it.
Would be useful if we had some control of Gopro via Bluetooth.

I'm guessing you can choose. That or the remote is BT and phone is Wifi, because switching between remote/phone is a bit time consuming through the menu on the 3+.

The local Best Buy had a few 4 Blacks in stock today

Ordered mine direct from GoPro when it went live. Dissapointed I didn't receive a tracking number today. Will have to call and complain tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing