Going high. Wanting to go 1500 ft up

tell when your going to due iti would like to see that
Planning on it today. It's perfect weather here right now. I know you are in Lakeland so you see our skies. No wind. Nothing. 70 degrees. Outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is 1640' or whatever the limit is.
DJI_0046.JPG

I never allow the program to fly any longer than necessary, then I have the controls.

If I just had to do 1500 ft., I would get somewhere a plane wouldn't fly.

who is in Lakeland I'm buy clearwater

Descend is calculated in RTH and land. And I don't think you can do it faster manualy then auto land.

I was planning to let it descend on its own. Then Take over from there once it got close. I just used the uav forecast which allows you to set altitude when checking out wind. It is only 5mph at 1500 feet today. So for sure today.

Reactions: jointeffort
no right on border Clearwater and palm harbor that why I had morning flight over water for first time at crystal beach in palm harbor

no right on border Clearwater and palm harbor that why I had morning flight over water for first time at crystal beach in palm harbor
Sweet. I used to live next to Innisbrook up there. Glen eagles subdivision. Love that area. Great place to fly too. You are not too far from Howard park. Another place I will eventually fly.

I did it at night so I could see it and also easier to see if any aircraft were approaching where I was flying.
I'm sure if an airplane was flying at 1600 feet. They would be having major issues. And your drone would not be that issue. I can see say 5000ft. Which is low as well. But 1600 is very low in the big picture of things.

Attached is the same shot from two altitudes. You can see a little more of the reservoir in the distance from the higher altitude (about 4 miles away as the drone flies) I don't have the flight logs handy though.

Attachments

• diff.png
    diff.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 528
I'm sure if an airplane was flying at 1600 feet. They would be having major issues. And your drone would not be that issue. I can see say 5000ft. Which is low as well. But 1600 is very low in the big picture of things.

Maybe for the airliners but small aircraft fly much lower quite often, especially around the water. They can fly as low as 1000' when above populated areas, lower in unpopulated areas.

howards park is nice so is honeymoon island both 5 min away

Reactions: Tony Cowan

Almost all local flights in small planes fly below 3000 so as to avoid the East West rule on even odd altitudes + 500'.

I am usually at or just above 1600 ft locally and always at 1500 ft a few miles from the airport in order to be at the circuit altitude unless ATC advises otherwise. I like to fly low over the lakes.

Just go into it knowing and understanding the realities around yout attempt.

All bets are off on helo operations, they may be any altitude.

We were over water at 1070' and did a pass over Sanibel island right around the same altitude. Just please understand that you must be looking out for other aircraft if you are trying to go high. Which again is why I did it at night so that I could easily see if anything was approaching.

Screenshot_2016-02-21-12-08-20.jpg

Almost all local flights in small planes fly below 3000 so as to avoid the East West rule on even odd altitudes + 500'.

I am usually at or just above 1600 ft locally and always at 1500 ft a few miles from the airport in order to be at the circuit altitude unless ATC advises otherwise. I like to fly low over the lakes.

Just go into it knowing and understanding the realities around yout attempt.

All bets are off on helo operations, they may be any altitude.
I know this is true as I saw a helicopter the other day at about 250. That's why I will fly over the ocean. As not to interfere with any one or anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl