Gimbal not quite level- Need advice

detholm said:
Here's mine.

Mine wored perfectly for the last 3 weeks (since I got it) Flew it yesterday, fine. This morning This is what happened.

i tried Upgrading firmware and now help.

Nothing showing. What happened?

I'll try again I spoke with DJI support and they said call back june 1st when they have parts.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 405
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    248.5 KB · Views: 420
Hi Guys - take a look at my thread as I have the very same issue. Upon request from DJI I made a wee video of the gimbal not levelling out. They have since sent me an RMA number to send it back to them for repair or replacement.

Thread : Gimbal not levelling out
Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9GTQ4LAjo0

this problem of the fimbal its world wide and every body have the same problem i am from panama and im the only one here to have the PV2+ and i do have the lint problem to the left

There is no solution to this problem without sending your Phantom for repair (4-6 weeks). I gave up worrying about it, but I'm a perfectionist with this stuff, so it always bugs me while editing video. I hope one day for a software solution in the Assistant.

I have the same problem. Sent it back. Waiting for the replacement.

I would think they could come out with a software fix where you just have a box in the Assistant where you type in a degree that has no effect on letting the IMU stabilize as it always has so the craft flies properly, BUT offsets the camera (and not the IMU) to whatever you typed in to compensate for the tilt.

I had a kind of the same problem. My camera was yawing a little to the left, just a few degrees so when I was yawing the phantom the leg came in the picture.

Here is what i did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCIq8CZKqO8

I made a new upgrade to the leg ( but the leg back just a few inches so it dozen`t sow in the picture when I'm yawing the phantom

Regards
Bjorn

Bjorn Thore said:
I had a kind of the same problem. My camera was yawing a little to the left, just a few degrees so when I was yawing the phantom the leg came in the picture.

Here is what i did:

I made a new upgrade to the leg ( but the leg back just a few inches so it dozen`t sow in the picture when I'm yawing the phantom

Regards
Bjorn

You've done a great job there, looks genuine.

Doono said:
Bjorn Thore said:

Here is what i did:

Regards
Bjorn

You've done a great job there, looks genuine.

Thanks!

parbar said:
I have the same problem. Sent it back. Waiting for the replacement.

I would think they could come out with a software fix where you just have a box in the Assistant where you type in a degree that has no effect on letting the IMU stabilize as it always has so the craft flies properly, BUT offsets the camera (and not the IMU) to whatever you typed in to compensate for the tilt.

One would think but seems like the simple little things new happen
like this problem or the 7th channel lever. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Attachments

• fix grid.jpg
    fix grid.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 479
  • Fix level.jpg
    Fix level.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 476
  • Fix.jpg
    Fix.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 476
so there's no way to set a new zero point on the gimbal in the software. mine bent and i can either force bend it back (scary), take it apart and bend it back (kinda scary), or if there is a way in the settings i can do that. any suggestions.

So I finally got ahold of DJI North America ( like winning the lottery :x ) and was told by George that this is caused by one of two things.
The three screws on the back of gimble arm motor are lose
or the motor is failing and having issues
Well my screws are tight so I guess mine is the later :x :x . I do get a strange buzzing or load hum every now and then and the camera acts like its having a seizer so I guess I better get it fixed before im out another 1300.00
I Was told it would be 10-15 days before the parts are in to them.Then they will give RMA # but got a trouble ticket number from him as you need to be in the system.

Great now I will be Phantom less mid summer for 4-8 weeks depending on shipping and back log. :twisted: :x :x

Just when I thought I had a peach the lemon came out

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17015&p=155918#p155918

I doubt that the above adjustment on a cheap Ebay gimbal would apply to the P2+ but has anyone checked to see if there is some sort of reset button hiding on the gimbal control board? It's really strange that the Chinese can't or don't want to write/translate decent instructions for their customers. Perhaps there is difficulty in conveying instructions to interpreters to write manuals? I sometimes think they are sitting back and laughing at all of trying to figure out their products and then laughing all the way to the bank.

Has there been any development from DJI regarding this levelling of the Gimbal on the P2V+

Mine after only 3 weeks has now the same symptoms and once in awhile during flight the Gimbal has a nervous twitch,,, and sometimes it levels out for a very short period of time...

DJI, the controller has calibration,,, why not the gimbal ???

did you try to move to compass??
isnt it leveling on this??
i notice this when i changed my landing gear and my compass was not straight , but under an angle.
it resolted in the gimble to buzz and stand in an strange angle.

No I did not move the compass,,,,

But it has been asking me "calibrate" every time I take it out for a flight....

hhhhm?

Is the compass causing this issue,,,,?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z