Gimbal calibration

Reaction score
If this has been discussed previously my bad.

I just performed a gimbal calibration and literally seconds at the end when it levels out then quickly turns right and left, on the last quick turn my gimbal arm ends up locked with a horizon tilt close to 45 degrees.

I can use the C1 or C2 plus ISO wheel to finally get a level horizon but that puts the manual gimbal setting from 0.0 to a whopping 6.7??

Anyone else out there with this issue?

P3S & P4

I factory reset and refreshed the firmware. Took about 4 times but so far back to very close to level. Hope this lasts a long time. This was done per DJI assistant 2 per the dji customer support.

P3S & P4

My P4 is also off some of the time, this situation is not very consistant and C2+wheel is very handy. The amount you correct will stay in your craft as a saved value even when you turn the bird off, so the next time you take off it may be a tilt caused by your previous correction. To get my horizon almost good for most flights I keep mine at -0.6 deg and will tweek in flight.

My P4 is also off some of the time, this situation is not very consistant and C2+wheel is very handy. The amount you correct will stay in your craft as a saved value even when you turn the bird off, so the next time you take off it may be a tilt caused by your previous correction. To get my horizon almost good for most flights I keep mine at -0.6 deg and will tweek in flight.
Mine was off by 10.0 or -10.0... depending on how it powered up. Looked like a full 45 degrees horizon. It was ridiculously a mess

P3S & P4

That was way off for you, I'm glad that you where able to get it back level.
Thanks. It's sad really. My P3 Standard still provides me with a solid level horizon and guaranteed results. Paid much more for my P4 and many troubles since day one.

P3S & P4

Scratch that. I should have checked the manual gimbal setting first after the factory reset.

The gimbal was still at -9.7

I'm now downgrading firmware to 1.4 something to see if that helps this tilt mess

No matter what I do it ends up way tilted. IMU and compass calibration won't fix it.

I notice that the gimbal "relaxes" and finds 0 "level" at the 53% mark of the gimbal calibration attached shot of that.... then immediately after the left and right 60% and 66% mark of calibration it jumps from the side back straight but thinks level is a tilted arm? Anybody else??? I'm done with these DJI's soon I think. Hate to say it

from the laptop. the lighter picture is from yesterday. notice how the gimbal thought level was to one side. then today level was to the other side tilted. 1 picture shows I have to completely max out the manual adjustment to get close to level.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170118-154052.png
    Screenshot_20170118-154052.png
    2 MB · Views: 271
  • Screenshot_20170118-154741.png
    Screenshot_20170118-154741.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_20170118-160235.png
    Screenshot_20170118-160235.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_20170119-204856.png
    Screenshot_20170119-204856.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 323
  • Screenshot_20170119-204924.png
    Screenshot_20170119-204924.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
hopefully the pictures make sense. I tried all of the firmware versions offered in the assistant. none of them fix the tilted gimbal. someone please help so I don't have to send this in.

Have you tried to do this in other location? Gimbal calibration is using the compass therefore there should be no interferences caused by metal or electric devices

Is there concrete with metal just below your drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have you tried to do this in other location? Gimbal calibration is using the compass therefore there should be no interferences caused by metal or electric devices

Is there concrete with metal just below your drone.

I have, tried many locations. I'm in a new area almost daily. I tried this indoors and outdoors. Prior to this most recent firmware update on the P4, the most my gimbal would be off was never even over 1.0 or -1.0 either direction. I just can't think of anything else, can't find it on forums or youtube, etc... to answer you, no concrete or metal underneath. I level wood over a cardboard box.

Thanks for feedback. Looks like you should request DJI assistance and you will probably need to ship it for repair. Sorry for this.

Reactions: Droneted
I am back in that 1.0 or -1.0 range, by adjusting the gimbal roll DURING gimbal calibration.

I still have the same horizon issues when turning during flight and still have camera pitch drift during forward/backward flight (I have to leave the 30 degree extended pitch on to keep a level frame) but at least it boots **** near perfect finally.

**** I did notice a "glitch" in the FW. When I go into the additional settings in the main camera section and then EXIT those settings, the gimbal makes a slight jerk in horizon doesn't matter if I am in flight or on a perfect level surface.

Makes me think the more we go into that section and exit as it "saves" it hiccups and the end result is a ever so slightly tilted gimbal. Keep changing yoir settings and the issue slowly gets worse. I have mine set now and plan on never accessing that area till DJI figures this $#!¥ out. No offense to any techs out there but jeez this is a mess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31