Getting video into iMovie

Reaction score
just starting to edit and need to know how to get a clip into iMovie for editing
Thanks

Remove the memory card from your Phantom and transfer the videos to your computer using a memory card reader (like this one).

Some cheaper drones come with a cheap stick that accepts the SD card on one end and the other plugs into the sub port. Don't use them! I've tried several and the video would stop have way through or I would get error messages. They just don't seem to be reliable. Spend a bit more like msinger's suggestion. If your computer has a standard card slot, but SD cards that include an adapter. All of those that I have used worked just fine in my MacBook.

After you download the micro sd card, open Photo's. You see the card listed. Click on that and select download. Once it's downloaded it will be in the media library of iMovie. Just drag it down to the project bar. Easy Peasy.

Greg: try YouTube there are heaps of videos there.
Two scenarios raised above:-
1. Transfer video to computer
2. Importing video to iMovie
Unsure which one you want but if 2. Then when you create a project you will get the option to load media. What I usually do is import the video to the desktop and go from there.

I use go pro studio. Add the videos, convert them as clips, edit as desired and export. It takes a lot of memory...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan