Georgia House Bill 779 On Drones

You anywhere near Blairsville?
Love that airport :) And Helen.
And that WHOLE area in the fall. Beautiful up there.

I'm a bit surprised this is coming outta GA. CA and NJ I understand....but Georgia?
What's up with that?

Reactions: GaDrone
You anywhere near Blairsville?
Love that airport :) And Helen.
And that WHOLE area in the fall. Beautiful up there.

I'm a bit surprised this is coming outta GA. CA and NJ I understand....but Georgia?
What's up with that?

I'm not far from their. I go up and fly a lot in Ellijay. I have a video in my signature up their a few weeks ago. I agree about this coming out of GA.

Reactions: JKDSensei
I'm not far from their. I go up and fly a lot in Ellijay. I have a video in my signature up their a few weeks ago. I agree about this coming out of GA.

Yes sir. That whole area is really nice. Especially in the fall, spring, summer or winter when it snows
NOTHING like the North Georgia mountains come fall....imo.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to follow the trail and see where all this anti-drone sentiment is coming from.

Yes sir. That whole area is really nice. Especially in the fall, spring, summer or winter when it snows
NOTHING like the North Georgia mountains come fall....imo.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to follow the trail and see where all this anti-drone sentiment is coming from.

I plan on trying to get some footage up that way tomorrow. Calling for snow. Here is the bill.

HB 779 2015-2016 Regular Session

Reactions: JKDSensei
We had something here similar awhile back and we hammered the Congressmen with e-mails and it didn't pass GD . I don't know if it helped but would try . Another member here from MS sent me the e-mails of all them suckers and wrote a good response and we sent it to them all everyday :)

It's not looking good for us with Drones in Georgia.....

Local drone community concerned about proposed bill

I am not from the USA - however not unlike here in Canada where Transport Canada has final say with air space and regulation of same for aircraft (including UAV's) - your FAA has control of air space and usage (even photography I would suspect) in the USA as was given over to them by the same local governments, state or ortherwise and as such those local or state government can't supercede this control or make any new rules regarding airspace and flying without FAA approval.

Something they are not likely to get with state by state since it is a Federal agency in control. When the FAA changes or adds anything to their rules or laws it will be country wide!

From articles I have read any local or state polioticians who draw up a bill or whatever to legislate drones - in the end the states Governor will defeat it for the same reason as stated (they really have no choice but to defeat it).

Saw the below link regarding FAA control on another post!

https://www.faa.gov/uas/regulations_policies/media/UAS_Fact_Sheet_Final.pdf

Last edited:
So you need a signed release for anything appearing in the aerial image, but not if you walk down the street taking pictures of stores and strangers? ffs people are dumb.

I agree with you. It's gonna be hard to pass this BS in the south. Or I sure hope it will be....I guess our local news crews will have to hire 100 new employees to contact people as their drone flys around doing news stories.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I agree with you. It's gonna be hard to pass this BS in the south. Or I sure hope it will be....I guess our local news crews will have to hire 100 new employees to contact people as their drone flys around doing news stories.

LOL GaDrone and BBFVP- never looked at it quite that way but you guys are correct - very likely they would come up some kind of exemption for the media - nuts isn't it, all this freaking out over nothing.

This technology is forever growing and evolving. It's about time some of the so called "law makers" and media types realized this and started quoting the many positives as to - search and rescue, agriculture (although many of them think our fruits and veggies come from the grocery store - end of story), topography, mapping etc. etc. etc. these units provide!

It is laughable when you hear hypocrisy at its best as to these people who value their privacy so much - yet don't mind pasting their faces, their names and all kinds of personal information including what they are doing at any particular time of day all over social media sites that are seen around the globe. Argh............just too nutty and frustrating to go on about it.

So far up here in Canada, we are thankfully not seeing a lot of the same issues with our quads as you guys south of the border are seeing and putting up with. Happy safe flying!

What a mess. Is this still a "hobby" ?

Personally, I think if 1/10000 the energy being put into this by politicians and government dweebs went into addressing drunk driving it would go much further to improve the human condition and actually save lives.

This is all just Henny Penny BS

Anyone politician, media stooge or government bureaucrat outside of the FAA spending more than ten minutes a month on this topic should be FIRED or removed from office.

There are more important things to deal with people.

Last edited:
Here are a few things our politicians spent money on if some of you aren't aware. This is why it scares me about the drones. The will spend millions to figure out how to stop us from flying.

• The U.S. government spent $505,000 “to promote specialty hair and beauty products for cats and dogs” last year.
  • NASA spends close to $1 million per year developing a menu of food for a manned mission to Mars even though it is being projected that a manned mission to Mars is still decades away.
  • Over the past 15 years, a total of approximately $5.25 million has been spent on hair care services for the U.S. Senate.
  • The U.S. government spent $27 million to teach Moroccans how to design and make pottery in 2012

Wow and no doubt only the "tip" of the iceberg when it comes to reckless spending. Easy to spend another's hard earned dough!

Can't wait till our tax dollars are spent on anti-dronecraft towers or some crazy solution they figure out. My father users drones in law enforcement. Guess they will have to get the criminal to sign off on the consent before the cuffs are placed on.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
So I went to the source... as always should be done rather then relying on accepting quotes from any ol' website...

HB 779 2015-2016 Regular Session

Only thing I could find that was close to what was mentioned is as follows:

"16-11-211.

38 (a) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-212, it shall be unlawful for any person to:

39 (1) Use an unmanned aircraft system to capture an image of a private place or an

40 individual in a private place;

41 (2) Knowingly use an image in a manner prohibited by Code Section 16-11-212;

42 (3) Possess an image knowing that it was captured in violation of paragraph (1) of this

(d) Each violation of this Code section shall constitute a separate offense. A sentence

61 imposed under this Code section may be imposed separately from and consecutive to or

62 concurrent with a sentence for any other offense related to the act or acts establishing the

63 offense under this Code section."

So.... a person cannot take a photo of a person in a non-public place. This has always been illegal and this law only applies current laws specifically to drones. A lot of states are doing this.​

I'm guessing the person mentioned in the article does not like the wording as he does this as a business so there would be a good chance he'd be hired to take photos in a non-public place. Not as in, through someone's window but rather inside of a building, such as at an event. This _proposed_ bill could require him to obtain waivers from everyone. I'm not clear what the current laws are about taking photos with a camera in a non-public area are.

We had something here similar awhile back and we hammered the Congressmen with e-mails and it didn't pass GD . I don't know if it helped but would try . Another member here from MS sent me the e-mails of all them suckers and wrote a good response and we sent it to them all everyday :)

I would love to write every single one of them.. what should I say.. could you share your letters? Thanks

I would love to write every single one of them.. what should I say.. could you share your letters? Thanks
I will have to look in my mail trash to find the exact letter we were sending and will ask the member that wrote it if he still has it . We just kept hitting them with the same one and he wrote it and was good .
I will do my best to find it and send it to you and the more from your state the sends them the better .
Like I said I don't know if that was what made them vote it down but we did try and worry the crap out of them .

Hello all!!
Been following this for awhile. The main person of interest is Rep Kevin Tanner from Gordan Co. He has some history. We all need to get together on same page and spearhead this ****! I did a bit of digging on Rep Tanner and he has an economic interest in all this.I am in process of contacting other GA State Rep. We need to get a handle on this before it slips thru. Make contact with AMA as well.

It's not looking good for us with Drones in Georgia.....

Local drone community concerned about proposed bill

Now that's what I was talking about in that thread where @Meta4 said the states don't have the ability to amend the FAA regulations and laws (although we are an agreement that the FAA is the sole regulator of air space). My brother btw, said its completely constitutional, normal and the ways laws work. He's a constitutional lawyer, a very successful one.

As for this Bebee guy, that's what we needed in Cali is someone that knows about the drones lobbying. This guy is bringing up EXCELLENT points.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl